🐼 Zhuge Liang – 5* Holy / Yellow from War of the Three Kingdoms

New War of the Three Kingdoms hero is released: Zhuge Liang

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Zhuge Liang, as well as your thoughts on him.

Zhuge Liang

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:sun_with_face:
Holy/Yellow
Sorcerer
S
Slow
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 765 947 1665
4/90 876 1084 1905
Origin Family
War of the Three Kingdoms Kingdom
Image Aether Power Description
fiend-resist Fiend Resist At the start of each battle, this Hero is immune to new Fiends for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Martial Masterstroke
  • Summons a Shu Soldier Minion for each ally with 16% HP and 17% attack inherited from the caster.
  • Shu Soldier Minion gives its owner the ability to counterattack with 60% of the damage received as long as the owner has a Shu Soldier Minion. This effect can’t be dispelled.
  • Summons a Shu Guerrilla Fiend for all enemies. The Fiend damages its target with 75% attack every turn.
  • The Shu Guerrilla Fiend absorbs healing. It disappears after absorbing a healing amount equal to 50% of its target’s max health.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique Heroes of the same family.

Kingdom family
Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 Heroes:

• 2% / 4% / 6% mana each time a Minion is summoned for the Hero.
  • 3% / 5% / 7% heal each time a Minion is summoned for the Hero.

Morale Boost

Heroes belonging to this family as well as heroes fighting alongside with them receive additional persk in War of the Three Kingdoms:
+10% attack, + 3% defense, +7% health

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

June 2022

Sep 2022

Jun 2023 (Big Balance Update)

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Zhuge Liang from last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on New War of the Three Kingdom Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v46]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Zhuge Liang ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Zhuge Liang.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Zhuge Liang and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Zhuge Liang worth summoning for?

• Would you use Zhuge Liang on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Zhuge Liang ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Zhuge Liang as an opponent?

• Would you give Zhuge Liang Sorcerer Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Zhuge Liang’s character design?

• If you Summoned Zhuge Liang and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Zhuge Liang, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Zhuge Liang when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Zhuge Liang, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Zhuge Liang (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Zhuge Liang), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:
Or: How many summons are needed to get a Legendary Challenge Event Hero?

It’s important to remember that Challenge Event Heroes have EXTREMELY low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Challenge Event Hero.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 1.65% chance of summoning Zhuge Liang.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 15 times out of 100, you’ll get Zhuge Liang by pull 100 (26,000 gems)
  • 56 times out of 100, you’ll get Zhuge Liang by pull 500 (130,000 gems)
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get Zhuge Liang by pull 1,796 (467,200 gems)
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get Zhuge Liang by pull 2,761 (717,900 gems)

Putting that in Perspective

• 85 out of every 100 people won’t get Zhuge Liang by the 100th pull

• If 1 Million players each spent $259.97 (US) to summon :one::zero::zero: times, 846,364 of those players wouldn’t get Zhuge Liang

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get Zhuge Liang by the 1800th pull

• If 1 Million players each spent $4,671.53 US to summon :one::eight::zero::zero: times, 49,663 of those players wouldn’t get Zhuge Liang

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

Legedary heroes:

Epic heroes:

Rare heroes:

4 Likes

Feedback Poll - Zhuge Liang (post release)

:question: Is Zhuge Liang worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Zhuge Liang would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Zhuge Liang’s Primary Purpose is?

• Minion Summoner
  • Counterattack
  • Fiend Summoner

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Zhuge Liang compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Zhuge Liang’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Zhuge Liang’s Base Stats?

Note this means her Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Zhuge Liang worth giving Sorcerer Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Zhuge Liang is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Zhuge Liang is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

It’s a bit odd that this hero is holy but summons shu minions which should green so nature …. Shouldn’t zhuge lian than also be nature type? That would also align with the dynasty character that joined forces with liu bei which is green as far as I know.

4 Likes

so, a slow hero, whose minions can give counter attacks, and fiends. And also 869 defense, and sorceror class, which sorcerors can have high defense, Krampus for example. And limit broke, this her may have potential to get over 1100 defense

This hero reads very useful offensively (ofcourse I’m in a drought) but I’m super excited and I really hope I get one!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I just pulled him. At first glance, he reminded me of Motega except both specials go off at once. Not sure how to use him but I’m sure I’ll figure it out lol.

5 Likes

Actually Zhuge looks like the better Motega and a dynamic team strategy support. Killer support heros probably dangerous with the new Magic troops maxed out and next level!

2 Likes

Sorry don’t agree at all, Motega is superior for the following reasons:

• Speed. He can get his minions out at a faster than Very Fast speed, allowing the minions to have much more of an impact in the battle
  • Minions. His minions have better stats (14%/20% vs 9%/17%) and the ability to increase damage to target by 20% is better than the counterattack from Zhuge’s minions
  • Fiends. Motega’s fiends are again superior, much more important than the damage caused is the fact that they create an undispellable (unless fiend is removed) -50% to accuracy blind. While Zhuge’s fiends do more damage, Fiend damage by itself is largely negligible and the best Fiend creators have punishing secondary effects, like Motega, Elizabeth, even Hannah.

The one upside of Zhuge is that unlike Motega, Zhuge can get both the minions and the fiends out after 12 tiles, for Motega he can only either create two sets of minions at a slightly faster than Very Slow speed (11.2 tiles), or minions and fiends at Super Slow Speed (17.9 tiles).

14 Likes

I agree 100% Motega is way better in my opinion

Nothing to add

Or just mentionning Motega’s ability to heal the whole team thanks to his passive. Really nice feature as well

2 Likes

Good point, I always forget about his passive for some reason.

1 Like

Do the minions counter attack the full attack or just the amount equal to that of Half the minion HP?

1 Like

Very important question, because that would be day and night. Needs to be tested, but if the minion only counters equal to lost HP, this is super bad. Should be full attack is countered by 50%. It kinda only works for the first hero that fires, because then the minions will be lost. Still remains to see how powerful this is. We’ve never had a hero like this before. I doubt this will be his selling point, and I’m not super stoked pulling this guy.

3 Likes

So as I read it, it gives the owner an ability, rather than the minion itself counterattacking. This is exactly how he behaves, tested and confirmed.

9 Likes

Thank you for this. I must have miss playforfun’s post about this. Happy gaming!

1 Like

Still think Zhuge is Luuge!!! :smiley:

I maxed him out and put him in this mono in attack … he is devastating and resistant … especially the counterattack he gives… top hero :+1:

12 Likes

Do you have any you tube videos m8? Would love to see him in action. Thx

Happy gaming

6 Likes

This gives me confidence to get him to 3/70 & pair him with WolfganG / Devana / OdiN

Probably stack it with c Cyprian or boril for a 110% counterattack to all?