Zero war points - get flag back

I’ve had the Zero war points happn a few times. My suggestion is that if you are unfortunate enough to have this happen to you, you should get your flag back.

That means anyone with a zero score, gets another flag, BUT to stop exploitation - they lose the team they had lined up.

I can’t see why someone would try to exploit this because 1) they lose 5 heroes. 2) if they tried to exploit it, then going into a war, there is a chance that they would get even 1 point, so they wouldn’t get a flag.

This would not be the best situation (ie: the best would be to resolve the issue), but it would make the pain easier to bear by just losing a team instead of a team AND a flag. It makes you feel like you’ve let down your alliance, especially when the wars are so close.

I lost flag today due to connection issues. Lost my top team ND a flag… complete useless why do I pay to get seen off.

2 Likes

Happened to me at 1.30pm just now. So frustrating :frowning: I am sure my internet is OK.

I dunno. I mean, I’ve gone into a war battle before thinking I could at least take out a hero or two out on a team and wound up getting ripped a new one through a combination of RNG, wrong heroes selected for my team, or selecting an opponent that wasn’t a good match-up. The end result? 0 points.

Landing 0’s is a good way to learn what not to do, who not to bring, and who not to challenge in a war. By gifting those flags back and giving you another chance, honestly, it is not very fair to your opponent.

Now, if you lose a flag due to an abrupt Internet connection loss or power outage that is out of your control, then I feel there is a reason to complain, but even then it’s tough. Who’s to say there wasn’t a Internet cable pulled or electric breaker flipped on purpose? The game doesn’t.

3 Likes

Except when - as described above - 0 point happens because of disconnect. Then there is nothing to learn.

1 Like

Then my suggestion is to ensure your connection is good and stable. And that is something to learn. I never engage in a battle with a connection that has issues.

1 Like

So you can’t imagine a scenario where the issue is on the server side?

Your server? Or theirs? E&P already does things to help remedy their server issues, but they have no power over yours. There is no way their system can detect that a player’s connection issues are a substance of something within the player’s control or without (the player’s server). I wish there was. It would make issues like yours easier to handle, but there isn’t.

I was referring to their server. There are too many similar reports to discard all of them by saying the fault is on the player side.
Application itself can be the issue as well, I had a situation once where the game shut itself down at the very beginning of a raid, giving me a loss. I’m quite sure the problem was not with my phone.

While I find it extremely annoying too, I’m afraid you don’t have any evidence to support that assertion. Millions of players can report hundreds of connection issues a day without any of us being able to draw any inference.

As @mothra said, how could the game know what the cause is?

If I’m losing heavily (and I absolutely did this war) I’d love to be able to put my device in a microwave, block the signal, get my flag back and try again.

Lots of players have enough heroes to do that :man_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

I never said it couldn’t be exploited, I just questioned the assertion that a result of 0 points is always the player’s fault.

1 Like

are you gonna sue the microwave company like that old lady who microwaved her cat?

Only if I make the mistake of turning it on :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Just in case anyone is trying this - a microwave is designed to contain electromagnetic radiation - otherwise it would microwave everything in the vicinity.

Placing your phone in a microwave will block the signal without you having to cook it!

3 Likes

I would be satisfied with a better error message. This “connection error” is used in a too generic way. My alt is on my Laptop, LAN cable. And there are still connection errors. Even while having a call on that machine without being interrupted etc. Really strange.

1 Like

If the game crashes, particularly during a war hit, you should have that flag returned to you. If it isn’t a connection issue, it is a game issue, and that needs to be rectified.

2 Likes

Agreed! That happened to me last war. It wasn’t a connectivity issue at all, just that the game crashed on me. My phone meets all the system requirements, it’s just that this game tends to crash every once in a while. It really sucks when that crash happens towards the end of the war battle when I’ve already killed 4 enemies and 4 heroes left on my team but after the crash I got 0 points, not even anything for the 4 heroes i killed before the crash

I had that issue happening to me in last war back. The server decided to disconnect totally the moment I finished the attack. The apps totally hang and I had to exit totally. Unfortunately the server still recorded as me still attacking. I had to wait for 10mins for the server cache to be removed. The result is I lose the points that I had done damage to and the opponent team is back to no health damage. :rage: :rage: :rage: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: Few of my alliance members had this issue in some of the wars and we had one lost because of that. image

1 Like

I just got this. I brought an mono purple team against CaptainRagers on the alliance UA"FALCONSCASLE" during war. I had this team mopped up. There were about 3 of them left and I had a good board. I was sliding a purple left to line up with 3 across horizontally and the game crashed. I quickly opened it back up assuming the worst and I was right. 0 points.

When you couple this with the randomness of cold, stale boards punishing you it makes me want to stop playing this game.

1 Like

I forgot to mention. I have a Pixel 3, Android version 11, build RQ2A.210305.006. I have plenty of free storage/ram. I don’t have tons and tons of apps. This is literally the only game I have on my phone. I’m running an Ubiquiti network at home that is the most rock solid I’ve ever had in my life and amazingly in this neighborhood (been here 5 years) this is the most reliable I’ve ever seen Comcast. I run zabbix at home and watch for internet spikes and the like and I don’t appear to have had a network hiccup around that time of any sort.

Das ist mir auch gestern im letzten Krieg passiert. Da kam das Verbindungsproblem, aber war nicht auf meiner Server bzw Router Seite. Mein Telefon erfüllt alle Systemanforderungen. Nach dem Absturz habe ich auch 0 Punkte bekommen, 1 Fahne weniger, und meine 5 Helden konnte ich beim nächsten Kampf auch nicht mehr einsetzen. Zum Glück hatte ich noch ca 40 Minuten Zeit, um noch meinen letzten Angriff machen zu können. Vielleicht sollte man da noch einen "Schalter " im Spielfeld einbauen, damit man wenigstens den nächsten Kampf machen kann, anstatt über 10 Minuten zu warten, bis der Kampf von alleine fertig wird.