Zagrog doesn't bypass enemy Wilbur's share damage

This is an enemy team

In the battle

Here are what happen.

• Enemy Wilbur fire.
  • I fire my Guardian Falcon and Gormek on enemy Wilbur and kill enemy Wilbur (He has only few hp left).
  • I fire my Zagrog on enemy Sonya.
  • The damage share between 3 remain enemy and Sonya survive.

Zagrog should bypass enemy Wilbur’s share damage. It is obviously defensive buff.

2 Likes

I found in another thread that defensive buffs are:

• buffs modifying defence stat (Kiril/Vivica’s buff etc.)
  • elemental defence buffs (Kashrek/Agwe’s buff etc.)
  • special skill defence buff (Brynhild/Gretel’s buff etc.)
  • counterattack (Boril/Cyprian’s buff etc.)
  • reflect buff (Mitsuko/Ursena’s buff etc.)

So it seems that share damage buff is not considered as a defensive buff.

3 Likes

But enemy the Cobalt boss in the ninja tower always bypass my Kailani costume’s share damage.

And my Zagrog do bypass enemy Mica’s share damage on about some month ago in war.

I am not sure if some new update make this bug or not.

I don’t know why. I think this thing work inconsistent and need to be fix.

2 Likes

Shared received damage is a defensive buff, I think it’s a bug in this case.

2 Likes

Are you sure that they didn’t have other buffs active besides share damage? Just trying to figure out if share damage is also a defensive buff, because it hasn’t been clarified anywhere what kind of buffs are defensive buffs.

2 Likes

In Kailani costume case, there is no other buff but there are +%Def stacks.

In Mica case, I fire Zagrog right after the Mica fire, so there is Mica’s +%Def buff.

But anyway, if share damage is defensive buff, it should be bypass not matter if there is other defensive buff or not. And if share damage isn’t defensive buff, it shouldn’t be bypass by anyway.

Otherwise, it will be inconsistent and obviously be bug with no doubt.

There are only some buffs which despite being on the defensive side count as a defensive buff. I’d imagine it is the Def up from both Kailani & Mica that is being bypassed. A way to test would be to use alongside a costume Gunnar. The only buff there is damage share. If bypass means the damage share is a defensive buff as opposed to a buff on your opponent

3 Likes

Yes, I know that C. Kailani doesn’t apply def. buff, but just wanted to be sure that you didn’t use other heroes that cast their buffs, so that you had spirit link + def. buff. I think that blessings/stacks are not buffs.

I agree with other things you said. I cannot test that, I don’t have Zagrog or other heroes that can bypass buffs. Anyway, maybe you can try asking @staff to clarify that. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@Dudeious.Maximus Could you contact the staff ?

The only thing I could do is to test C. Gunnar (thanks @Kilted !) with Berden +20 (25% chance for bypass)
So I run a few stages and I fired C. Gunnar first and then Berden. For about 10 shots non of them got bypassed.
Then I went to Atlantis 1-1 and the boss at the end, a moth, cast a def. buff. So I fired C. Gunnar giving them spirit link + def. down, charged the moth, it fired overwriting def. down with def. up and then I fired Berden and immediately I got “Bypassed” effect on them.
So again, Spirit Link/Shared damage is not considered as a defensive buff. You get bypassed in Ninja tower maybe because blessings are considered as buffs.

3 Likes

Well, that is absolutely inconsistent. Shared damage will be considered as a defensive buff if there is another defensive buff and will not if there is no another defensive buff.

Not like this. Step by step.

1. Spirit Link only → not a def. buff, so it cannot be bypassed.
  2. Spirit Link + def. up → Spirit link is not a def. buff so cannot be bypassed, but at the same time a hero has a def. up whis IS a def. buff so you can bypass it.

In both situation Spirit Link is not a def. buff.

PS. OK, I know what you mean. I tested it again and when a monster had Spirit Link and def. up my attack not only bypassed def. up, but also spirit link. I thought that my hero could deal more damage ignoring def. up, but the damage is still shared but is not! So I give up, I don’t know how it works!

1 Like

I don’t understand why in the second case shared damage isn’t considered as defensive buff as you can bypass it.

If shared damage is considered as defensive buff, you can bypass it no matter what. If shared damage isn’t considered as defensive buff, you can’t bypass it no matter what. Unless there is a bug.

After all these comment, I just realize that there is actually another legitimate bug like this that I post long time ago.

There used to be a bug that Dr. Moreau’s passive is considered as defensive buff if there is another defensive buff and can be bypass. (It is fix now.)

1 Like

Haha, check this

It’s even more interesting. :joy:

So it looks like this!

Spirit Link - not a def. buff - no bypass
Spirit Link + def. up - 1 out of 2 buffs is a def. buff - bypass ignores all buffs! (not only def. buff, lol.)

2 Likes

Yeah. 20 bypass :rofl:

1 Like

It is because it’s dispelled by remove ennemy buffs

1 Like

How is this the reason that spirit link is not a def. buff? Def. up, counterattack can also be dispelled. The only difference is that spirit link is always a buff, never an ailment.
The reason why it isn’t a def. buff is probably due to the fact it can affect positively of negatively your heroes survivability. If paired with buffs, it makes your heroes harder to kill. If paired with ailements, your heroes can die quicker. Or that it doesn’t modify defence in any way. Or just to make everything confusing. Anyway, we all managed to answer the question! :grin:

1 Like

I said it is and did not say it was not

1 Like

One thing that just crossed my mind it may be considered a buff but not a defensive buff

1 Like

Shared damage is definitely buff. But for now, it is considered as defensive buff if you also have another defensive buff and will not for otherwise :rofl:.

Fun Fact : For now, you can bypass Kailani’s shared damage but you can’t bypass Kailani costume’s shared damage since Kailani costume doesn’t give any other defensive buff :rofl:.