Yunan or Rana are they worth it?

All tanks die on good boards. Yunan can survive to fire in incrementally better boards than Rana can, and he does more damage to the enemy team with his special.

2 Likes

To be clear, unless SGG is being fairly sloppy with their wording, what you are saying is NOT consistent with their announcement. They have posted that the top winning RATES are held by BW, Yunan, and Guinevere. The fact that BW is more available than Yunan shouldn’t be a major factor in determining that (I’m assuming there’s a fair number of each).

SGG has not addressed the absolute number of wins that you asked about.

4 Likes

There are undoubtedly far more leveled Guins than BW + Yunan together. The win rate might actually be due to the opposite effect: people know how to fight Guin, but they’ve never perfected strategies for BW or Yunan.

There’s also a purple dispeller (GP), but none in Yellow. That has to help BW a lot…

9 Likes

They certainly have the track record.

But I’m merely asking for clarification. As it stands people might think that BW is the best tank in the game and flock to try to get him and/or max him asap…

3 Likes

It is definitely a rate number, not absolute number of wins.

But I agree that caution is warranted. An increase in availability of BW and Yunan tanks could easily lead to a decrease in their effectiveness.

5 Likes

Yup. And many will be disappointed. Use caution indeed…

Love the stats btw…

3 Likes

I was super excited when they said they were generating some. I’m really glad they used a couple of my suggestions. :smile:

2 Likes

Yunan is a solid tank, beefy, dot, messes with heal… If we do see an uptick in Yunans out there soon, I’m glad to see that a great counter is just around the corner (September HOTM). Hard to justify tonics for him though as he pretty much amounts to a raid tank currently with limited use elsewhere.

I use Yunan on every war. Specially against heal aid… High level mana troops help. I’d love a second and a Rana as well :wink:

2 Likes

Im also aiming for Yunan with my 35 EHTs saved. A green tank would be perfect for me as i could flank him with Ariel and Misandra boosting his speed.

3 Likes

I found the statistics very interesting, too. I actually have more of the event heroes than the classic ones(No Magni, Isarnia, or Sartana). Glad to hear Yunan is such a good tank. I missed out on getting the Hatter, so I’d love a good green 5*. I have Ranvir, so I’m gonna wait for July to do some pulls. No matter what, I should get new heroes. I didn’t start playing until last August. This is my first Sand Empire, so I don’t have any of those heroes.

1 Like

I’ve got 70 EHT saved for Sand Empire. I want Rana for AW (since Guin has eluded me) and Yunan would be awesome. I expect to do in the neighborhood of 120 summonings, and I’ll do them in July in the hopes of snagging Seshat.

That said, I am saving 6 tonics for Kingston, the upcoming HOTM. Yunan is very good. But Kingston looks to be top-10 right now.

4 Likes

I think Yunan and Rana would both serve well in wars and raids (offense and defense). Would gladly give Yunan tonics if I get lucky enough to land him with my 5 EHT

1 Like

70!!! Wow! 20!!!

Been saving for quite a while :slight_smile:

1 Like

I only have two EHT :rofl: Even if I did pull Yunan, I only have 7 tonics… I’m tempted to save them for Kingston as well. Only issue is, he looks way too good. I’m concerned he’ll be nerfed to the point of being worthless.
I do have Guin, but I only have 6 maxed 5* so I’m not sure about maxing a hero purely for defensive purposes…

1 Like

I certainly understand using him since he’s maxed, but I don’t think of him as an offensive threat and most people would be better off maxing a hero that can be effective in multiple locations. Your heroes aren’t common for most.

Tonics don’t go bad. Take Yunan (or whoever your best choice green is) to 3/70, and then wait and see what Kingston looks like. If he’s awesome still, then Yunan can wait. If not, you’re ready to pull the trigger.

All defenses suck; some suck incrementally less. But @Wormwood is an outstanding player who leads a top-10 alliance. If he says he uses Yunan every war and wants another for offense, you can rely on the fact that Yunan works pretty well in that capacity :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s assuming I even get Yunan :wink: I’m probably not gonna go crazy for him. Really, I need to focus more on titan damage so I can get ascension mats. Still thinking Ranvir might be worth giving darts to. I’d definitely choose him before Rana if I got her. I’m currently working on Hansel. After that, I still have to max a Caedmon(I don’t have one leveled). Then I’ll probably take Morgan Le Fay to 3/70 if I don’t have a better option…

Yeah, all defenses suck, that’s why I am trying to focus more on offense, but I still want my defense to look impressive :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Wow. Do you know how long that took? I thought my stash of 42 was good (I can’t remember exactly, but I ran the numbers and was dismayed to find I’m still LESS than a coin flip to get Seshat with that).

Anyway, the rest of your post is 100% on - I’m also saving my tonics for (in case) Kingston.

2 Likes