You won't complete Path of Valor #1 (Probably) Analysis, Complaining, and Suggestion

Explain? Today collect ham hit titan 3 times things I normally do , hunted ducks not normally on my to do list.
Complete all minimum effort :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

This is a logical fallacy. Just because you personally normally do them doesn’t mean everyone else does, or that they must be done. And it for sure doesn’t mean that because you do them, it somehow magically doesn’t count as effort.

Like, let’s say you work as an accountant or something, but your boss forces you to take out the trash, pick up his kids from school, clean the toilets in the office etc, or else you’ll get fired. So those were all things you were doing anyway.

Then, suddenly, he decides to “reward” you by paying you $1 a day extra for the extra work you’ve been doing.

It’s better than nothing, but you still should be paid at least minimum wage for your work. And all of that extra work you did DOES take effort and time, even if you would have done them anyway because your job was on the line.

edit: not to mention killing those ducks take time. Even if we assume it’s just an extra say 5 minutes per day. That’s 250 minutes over 50 days. That’s over 4 hours.

You spent 4 hours extra; I don’t know what minimum wage is where you are. In australia it’s something like 18 or 20 dollars. Over here, it’s way lower, at $13.85 per hour. That “little amount of effort” should be worth $50 dollars. Except it’s worth ZERO.

Again, this isn’t even considering all of the effort you’re doing but for some strange reason aren’t counting.

3 Likes

I definitely agree with this. I think they’ll see a significant drop off at the beginning next time, and probably less people purchasing it overall.

12 Likes

My tiny 4-person alliance has never even SEEN a 6-star Titan, so… yeah :rofl:

8 Likes

Also, one other thing is that the punishing (yes, punishing) schedule itself alone should be worth something.

Can you imagine your boss saying “You will get paid full wage if you don’t miss more than 3 workdays per year; if you miss more than 3 days, you will get paid half your salary”?

How would you react to that? Would you say “meh, that’s fine, because I always go to work anyway?”

What if something came up?

Even if you are very active now, how can you be sure there will be nothing happening over the next 50 days where you have to be away from the game for a few days? And then, as a consequence, you won’t be able to reach POV 50.

Compared to wanted chests for example, even if you missed a few days, you will miss the rewards for those days, but, you still get rewards directly proportional to the amount of effort you made. If you worked at a job for 200 days, you’ll get paid for 200 days’ worth of work. If you did wanted chests on 80% of the days, you’ll get 80% of the rewards.

But If you did POV on 80% of the days, you’ll get 40% of the rewards.

Mathematically speaking, this has to be taken into account.

A 90% chance at 1000 gems isn’t worth 1000 gems. It’s worth 900.

A 10% chance at 8000 gems isn’t worth 8000 gems, it’s worth 800.

And mathematically speaking, Option A is better than option B. Risk has to be taken into account.

There is a much greater risk associated with an all-or-nothing type rewards system rather than an incremental one, and thus, the initial rewards should be much greater to account for this risk.

4 Likes

It’s my problem that everyone else doesn’t do them? No it’s there’s your either in or out simple, Do quests or don’t. I didn’t make super mana pot why because iv never used one or made one! Simple!

1 Like

Dude, it’s not about who’s problem. I’m saying it does take effort. Just because you do something doesn’t mean it doesn’t take effort. And if it takes effort, that efforts should be taken into account.

Just look at wanted chests. You would be farming 8-7 for recruits and backpacks anyway. But, you still get rewarded well for monster chests. And if you miss a few days, no problem, you still get rewarded for all the effort you did. That makes sense. That’s how it should be.

POV doesn’t work that way. Not only do you get much lower rewards, it’s extremely un-forgiving.

And yes, you CAN choose when to buy the pass. Yes, you CAN pretend POV never existed and just not care about it. Yes, you CAN just get whatever and say “hey, that’s better than nothing.”

But why settle for that? Why can’t we aim for better? Why do we have to force ourselves into the stockholm syndrome, reaching deep into our cognitive dissonance in order to explain away this obvious problem?

Why can’t we aim to fix an obviously broken system and have an effort-to-risk-to-rewards ratio that actually makes sense?

7 Likes

The one things I’m close to 100% certain of is that SG will revamp POV, because its what they do with new features. Every single one (this time they smart and didn’t publish a schedule - or if they did I missed it - so people can’t complain about the revamp impacting the next event).

What is less clear is how they will revamp, I really hope they do take into account that the effort and rewards are not aligned and also allow missing on ANY one of the longer term quests.

3 Likes

I get emblems multiple times, challenge coins, items from.the hunters lodge that a lot of people dont even have up yet that help huge like hurricanes, gems, avatars, free food and iron, and a 4 star matt just for doing what I normally do.

I dont understand what you are saying about the extra time for ducks, they fly passed while I normally looking over my base collecting food iron checking my training camps, and with the sound on they quack so I hear them when they are coming.

P.O.V was made for people who enjoy playing the game and gives them something to look forward to each day instead of waiting for this event knowing the same people gonna get the top rewards because SG wont limit stage reruns, waiting on AR To stock up to wait for the next event.

Now everything I do in game has a purpose and I’m good with that because I enjoy playing the game. Everything shouldn’t be easy and everything doesnt have to cater to new players, veterans need things to do also. When this first one is done they have plenty of feedback. I would hope they add some titan flasks and maybe some More crafting items instead of the harvester relics myself, but knowing this is the first one I’m just pushing myself to complete it because I want to. Anyone who doesnt doesnt have to pay and still collect free items every few days. The fact that you can complete the whole thing and pay at then end was a great idea FOR people who arent that active dont need to worry about it and people that are can talk amongst each other to give tips on completing things in a timely fashion.

For months people wanted more to do and boom they give us something to do and everyone is complaining now cause they dont want to do the work. I cant agree with this sentiment as having all these heroes avaiable and nothing to do with them was making the game stale and now there is always something to talk about and plenty of players meeting new players. Yet somehow this is being looked at in a negative light which again just doesnt make any sense to me at all.

P.O.V is optional and if you dont participate it changes nothing in your gaming life so why be mad about it? Just simply dont do it, I never do the daily missions anymore like gather food or gather iron but I dont get mad at other people because they do them.

14 Likes

I still think the rewards are ok for £10
If completed - rings worth a £1 3 Atlantis pulls worth a £1 3 challenge pulls worth a £1 off the top of my head I did go through the list and see if there was 10 things worth £1 and I think there was!
It will be a while if anythang changes as people bought this one. The next one people may not buy as much then the next one they may change as sales are down on buying the pass

1 Like

The rewards are good for 10 pounds, IF you get them right away, with no effort required. But you have to work at it (regardless of whether you were working at it anyway), and it takes 50 days to get all the rewards.

Even sleazy national banks give you interest when you deposit money overtime.

3 Likes

Duck hunting has been the hardest for me so far. I cant believe I didnt know about that. Thanks!

3 Likes

Again. This isn’t about wanting or not wanting to do more work. Like I said earlier, I absolutely agree with you that strong activity should be rewarded. But the problem is that the effort-to-risk-to-reward ratio just isn’t anywhere near logical, when you compare it with literally the rest of the game.

Again, I’m gonna bring the example of monster chests; you are already farming 8-7 anyway, literally 0 extra effort; you aren’t even hunting ducks (I didn’t even know they made a sound) or making super antidotes.

AND if you miss a few days, you still get rewards DIRECTLY PROPORTIONAL to the amount of effort you did put in. AND monster chest rewards over 60 days is WAAAAYYY better than the free POV, and I would argue that it’s even better than the paid path of POV. And significantly so.

That’s the problem.

I’m fine with POV being as hard as it is. Heck, it can be even harder. They can make it so you literally cannot miss a single task, and make the tasks even harder.

As long as they make the rewards proportional to the amount of risk and effort it takes. That’s all I’m asking.

edit:

This is basically a personal attack, and it just isn’t true, and it isn’t the point. I’m not mad at all, if other people choose to p2w and spend a lot of money to buy better heroes than mine, and have a lot of ascension mats, for example.

It has nothing to do with “getting mad” at other players. Look, I am as active as anyone these days and I have no problem finishing the POV myself.

All I’m saying is that just because you or I am willing to spend the effort anyway, doesn’t mean that that effort doesn’t exist. That’s just a bad argument. And because the effort and risk does exist, I think we deserve a fair effort-to-risk-to-rewards ratio.

5 Likes

I see that you dont feel the rewards are worth it but do u know how big of a titan hit a 3 month player can get with a stack of tornadoes or hurricanes? It will.be upwards of a year for a FTP to even begin building the hunters lodge so what you see as little value is huge for other players. I dont see anything wrong with what I’m able to collect in 50 days plus all the other things I’m collecting but you do and i guess that’s our difference. Do I think they could change some of the rewards, yes I do, but I’m not upset about what I have and am able to get because as I said I enjoy playing the game anyway.

And I’m sorry but I can not for the life of me see how that sentence was taken as a personal attack. I was simply stating if you know you are not a regularly active person then this one part of the game is not for you

3 Likes

For me as well. It’s the one thing that is outside normal gameplay, and requires you to be looking at the game in the right spot at the right time. It’s easier once you turn sound on, though - you hear them.

2 Likes

I don’t understand the effort point you play the game anyways so why is it?
This game is about effort.
I’m in no rush to fill my monster chest as elemental chests give sfa I’ll farm S2 hard sure only a few runs each time.
My tc are well stocked so don’t have to worry much about them! Until next Atlantis comes around and so far 35 we flasks stock up again! Happy days for me!

2 Likes

To me, it sounded like an accusation that those of us who don’t support POV are sour and jealous of other people and don’t want them to get ahead. Which isn’t the case.

But that same 3-month player won’t even be able to complete the POV to get those rewards? So it’s kind of a moot point, no? Besides, even if they did, they can use it for what, a couple of titan hits. For 50 days’ worth of effort?

You can feel that the rewards are worth it, that’s your subjective opinion, and everyone’s subjective opinion is equally valid.

But objectively speaking, can we agree that POV takes more effort than monster chests, than titan/titan chests, than challenge events (considering you need to finish challenge events for the POV), than rare quests…

And comparatively, the rewards for POV are worse than all of those other things?

I think we can objectively agree that the POV reward-to-effort ratio is the worst in the game. You can still think it’s worth it, but it’s still the worst in the game. By far.

5 Likes

It’s really interesting to me how you can’t see the point about effort.

Let me ask you a simple question.

Which option do you think should have a higher reward:

Option A: Beat 8-7 5 times
Option B: Beat 8-7 1000 times.

Do you think option A should have a higher reward? Option B should have a higher reward? Or they should have the same amount of rewards, because you’ll be doing them anyway?

To me, it’s clear the one that takes more effort should also give out more rewards; it just seems like the most obvious, intuitive thing. Even if you would have done those things anyway.

? The longest thing I’ve done on PoV is wait around for some ducks. Maybe the challenges are longer but… two of them in 50 days? One presumes people playing PoV enjoy the game and want to play it a poop-load more than a poop load every once in a while…

4 Likes

I’m sure if you thought about it from some other aspect than they say you play you could come up with a few. Just try. It isnt hard