You won't complete Path of Valor #1 (Probably) Analysis, Complaining, and Suggestion

Raid tournament? Same thing. Figure out how many flags per tournament you’ll need, and make sure you stay on track. It may be worth paying gems to continue once or twice.”

Unless you happen to read message board threads and research before you even buy, you’re not going to have known how many flags per tournament you’ll need, or where each of the non-daily awards maxed out, and the points you’d be earning in future weeks. It was only this morning that I managed to find a thread that laid out all the points and requirements. And it is useless now.

I got to level 49, and will be barely short of 50 solely because of the raid tournaments. I made everything else, and missed only two daily awards. So my prize is the absolutely useless omni harvester at level 49, and missing out on the two big ascension mats at 50.

I’m sufficiently P.O.'d about that that I won’t be doing it again, even if they change the rewards. The rest of my alliance is in a fairly similar situation, and we’re all pretty ticked about it and refusing on principle to play it again moving forward.

And that my friend is what makes the difference between being in a decent alliance which is put together by a lower leveled beginner or discrumptaled player and being in good one with an experienced leader that informs it’s members.

A good alliance leader should be one that frequently visits the forum and let’s his members know what is happening.
My members for one knew before Christmas about what to expect in the PoV and I warned them then and reminded them in Jan with weekly updates of what was going on.
They are up to date with any important info all the time. Now sure à couplé did forget when it came to events and chose to miss one ut that is on them and they know that, they don’t come in here complaining.
I tell them to visit the forum when there is stuff I feel they need to read and know etc etc.

I would suggest you find yourself a good alliance that will teach you how to play properly.

2 Likes

No thanks. This isn’t a career for me, and I like my alliance just fine. A message board should be for tips/strategy – not for basic knowledge that should have been included by developers in the game itself.

In any case, I think POV was poorly designed. If the developers decide to toss some of us a bone because of the flaws they admit existed, I/we may reconsider. Otherwise…I’ll just save the $10 next time. Spite is worth more to me than a few extra items in a game.

2 Likes

I don’t know, I quite appreciate these harvesters as I still farm a couple of worthy stages in s1 because they offer best recruit for number of flags used and deliver all the crafting items I need consistently.
So yes please bring them on and I want more of them.

1 Like

What stages in S1 offer more per flag that S2 Atlantis Rising? I mean, I still farm 8-7, etc., as well outside of AR, so the 50% bonus is better than nothing. But it’s only 24 hours, and I’m not going to waste WE flasks that would be better spent during AR. So the actual benefit is pretty tiny, especially for the higher-level players capable of getting that far along the POV.

@weberjj007 Check out Barry Farms, here:

Barry Farmz Here -- Comprehensive data driven farming guide for Season 3, Season 2, Season 1, Elemental Chests, Atlantis Rises, Missions, and more

I’m woefully behind (as I knew I would be, thank you RL!), but POV has shown me where I focus my attention in game and where I do not.

No, it’s not a job. I’m free to play or not, in any way I please. I liked the POV. Next cycle, I will focus more on events, since I shamefully neglected them…twice. :grin:

3 Likes

Lol, s2 AR is already providing benefits of extra rewards for less flags in it’self, do you really and truly honestly think they will provide or even create a harvester which can be used at that same time period,lol,really now.

Never gonna happen m8.

Oh, I agree – they’re not going to boost AR any further. I’m just saying that the existence of AR and the ability to burn WE flasks during it means that nobody is going to burn them for the harvesters. And that makes the harvesters of very little value for anyone except beginners.

Level 46 gives you a million iron and half million food. Level 48 gives you 80 fighter emblems. But the level 49 omni harvester gives you one half day extra of recruits, iron, and food from, for example, 8-7. That’s…nothing. That should be the kind of reward for new players – level 10 or so. It’s simply pointless for the rest of us.

And all those angsty posts from the SkyIsFaling crowd who said it couldn’t be done … how are those kinds posts aging now?

2 Likes

I’m going to sit on that Omni harvester until the day we can use it on AR

4 Likes

Same here. I figure they’ll do something with it moving forward – maybe increase the bonus, or the time for which it works, etc… It provides so little right now that we might as well hold it and hope it gets a buff.

Kind of like waiting for Thorne to get a costume…

Lol, I have been playing for over 2 years and I am known in my alliance as a recruit hoarder there as I store them up to over 10k to 15k and given that I already have the mats saved up, I can max out a 5 star in a week or so given that the food production keeps up which is why I also appreciate the food packages saved in our inventory as that will speed up my 5* levelling process even more.

Why is that, because to me recruits are my first priority. I farm s1: 12/7 which uses 4 flags and gives me on average 10 recruits and I average on a day that I am farming about 280 to 300 recruits per day and that’s without using flasks as I keep them for s2 AR.
Now to me having the harvesters means that increases my recruits to around 450 per day.
Now yea s1 8/7 offers the same amount of recruits but 12/7 also offers far better XP per flag than 8/7. As for crafting items, the only time I ever use battle items is maybe for the last stage of any monthly event so I have heaps stored and very rarely to not use them at all since harpoons came into play, so I don’t need to farm for them.

Point being, bring on the harvesters I want more.
It’s all about how you use and plan things to maximise it usefulness. If your a player that just collects and instantly uses everything without a second thought then yea your going be a confused lost sole finding it hard to get ahead.

Maybe to fill an elemental chest.
That’s the only thing I could imagine where I play more than 1 or 2 S1 stages in a row.

1 Like

Good point. :+1:

1 Like

Why are you known as a recruit hoarder with so little?

1 Like

If you’re not informing yourself of information that was readily available, that’s on you. If your alliance leadership isn’t keeping you informed, that’s on them…and on you for staying and not pushing them to do better.

Could the developers do a better job with transparency next time? Absolutely, and I hope they do. But either way, if you spent money without doing your research, that’s your folly.

Lol, so little to you as I do monthly runs of 2 to 4k recruits in tc19 and the odd tc1 and 2 which uses them up. Lol

Why is that, because to me recruits are my first priority. I farm s1: 12/7 which uses 4 flags and gives me on average 10 recruits and I average on a day that I am farming about 280 to 300 recruits per day and that’s without using flasks as I keep them for s2 AR.

But we’re not talking increasing it by 50% “per day”. We’re talking about increasing it by 50% for one day. That means that the level 46 recruit harvester nets you a grand total of maybe 150 extra recruits – 50% of the 280 to 300 recruits you said you get each day. That’s it.

And that’s just a bonus for my W.E flags on that day isn’t it, lol or on the

The simplest way for me to address this is to not spend my money on something that isn’t transparant. So, I won’t.