You won't complete Path of Valor #1 (Probably) Analysis, Complaining, and Suggestion

When one suggests an improvement, it is often helpful to have a specific improvement stated (“I think the total summons requirement should be reduced to x…” for example), because that is something tangible that can be discussed.

I may not be be right/wrong, or know what the Devs know, but I can suggest what I think would be an improvement. I don’t find it helpful to say “an improvement is needed” without any kind of specificity. :wink:

9 Likes

I know some want the challenges easier or have more room for error but what would be the point of having a 50 day POV of you could finish it in 30. Than you would not have challenges for the last 20 days plus the 10 days between. It makes sense that they would have it for the most part fill the 50 days. I figure I should finish with roughly 3 days remaining if things continue in current pace. It’s challenging yet gives the everyday player some thing to do beside the grind of leveling heroes, wars and titans. I would like to see a thread for daily challenge ideas that are doable so we don’t get tired of the same killing ducks and collecting food from a level. Like collect 2 midnight roots or bring 2 heroes up 1 level type thing.

4 Likes

I like killing ducks. I just wish I could use my dragon to kill ducks (and don’t think I haven’t tried!) :grin:

7 Likes

Lol. I want to see one where we take down the dragon that flies by. I am glad to see the season 3 portal will be open still for March HOTM. Goons get some of my summons challenge done then…:sunglasses:

I want:

• To click all my peasants
  • To make harpoons (I need them anyway)
  • To level up troop(s)
  • To level up a costume
  • To kill moths (anyone on S2-1 can do it)
  • To make Fire/Ice/Nature/Dark/Holy heroes
  • To collect x cups
  • To try on 3 different avatars :grin:
5 Likes

• Ascend one 3 or 4* hero
• Feed a red (particular color) troop
• Collect mystic vision
• Farm 3 season 1 levels

This one actually exists, we had it on Day 3 and Day 10 so far.

4 Likes

Tricky if your Hunter’s Lodge is in the middle of a long upgrade :slightly_frowning_face:

Brilliant idea!

How about:

• Revenge a raider in your watchtower
  • Get 20 waves from your villagers
  • Play 3 different types of Special Stages in S2 ( Poison Mist, Magic Night, Dense Fog, Underwater)
2 Likes

I am going on the assumption here that PoV is meant to reward players for daily active play. With that said, it should be possible to complete the entire PoV, and any specific Valor Challenge, without spending. Difficult is fine. It should be difficult. I’m okay with players who haven’t played long enough to level up having trouble. That gives them something to work towards.
So far, the only Valor challenge I can see that may require spending would be the summons. 5.5 summons per day over and above the free daily summons is a lot. A bad run of luck with chests and MV could easily prevent a free daily player from completing all 10 tiers.

That said, the rewards structure needs to be improved, especially for F2P. Include a reward on each level, even if it’s farmables or craftables.

As far as specific daily challenges that I’d like to see:
Kill the dragon
Ascend a hero 1 tier
Level up a specific color or class of hero 1 level
Collect a certain number of loot items from the map (midnight roots, leather strips, etc)
Collect a number of recruits from the map.
Collect a number of feeder heroes from the map
Visit the Forum!
Post 3 times in your alliance chat
View your Recent Activity!
Defeat X # of specific season 1 monsters

9 Likes

I can understand some people being upset if they purchased the valor pass believing they would be able to compete it and couldn’t. I can understand why people find POV unforgiving. Sometimes circumstances arise that are out of our control; a storm knocks out the internet, you end up needing emergency surgery, etc. If something like that were to happen during say a challenge event you’d be screwed. Of course that’s why people should wait to purchase it until the end, but I’m sure we all know people that have already gotten it.

2 Likes

Well if you finish everything else and don’t miss more a couple daily challenges you can still finish POV without the last tier of summons. :grin:

2 Likes

Actually my strategy is once I finish tier 9 on summons I am going to just start saving my silver summons coins for the next 50 day challenge. I will only use them and try to complete tier 10 of POV summons if I for some reason need those points. As long as I finish all three sections of pirates event I should be fine with the other challenges. :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Not this one please… :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

• not complaining about POV for a day
That would be a rough one for some…:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Please come again!!!

Thats now really one of the, how to put this nicely, worst arguments I ever read in this forum!!! You should edit this part out as fast as possible! :smile:

And why is that so ?

Costumes is supposed to allow FTP and even newer players to catch up to ptp and established players.

The first version was defenitely lacking but with their improvement they were right on the spot and made it work.

And now you come around and make a proposition like that! :rofl:

And this only because you cant / dont want to understand that the rewards of PoV are ok because you get free stuff for things you are doing anyway which equates to more bang for your world energy! :smile:

Please think a little bit more before you write up such hilarious arguments!

4 Likes

I feel there has been a lot of side bars and distractions to this conversation and would like to go back to the OP idea. To summarize there is going to be a lot of people that are active that will miss out and not complete PoV. So a simple tweak of increasing the points received from the daily tasks would help to alleviate this. I would agree.

Using myself as an example, I know that the titans and summons are both going to be close and could go either way if a few too many titans get away or the chests don’t give the tokens. On top of that i had some terrible performance in the tournaments out day1 and then out day 2 the next. So i know i will not finish. So I personally would be more inclined to care if on day 17 i still had some chance at the 4* am. But I don’t so it no longer matters.

I would compare it to what if challenge events only to took your first score or wars are just to til one team flipped. If a long event is essentially over at 25% of the way do i really care about the rest of the time.

1 Like

Other daily and PoV challenge ideas are PoV challenge (PoV) suggestions and without that means a daily challenge suggestions.

1. Use a stacked team in 3 raids
  2. Defeat a raid opponent with 300 tp points less than your team
  3. Use 1 bear banner on 3 titan hits
  4. Complete a s3 Providence in normal (PoV)
  5. Kill 10 Dragons, this one would be a PoV over the 50 days so first panel 1 dragon, 2nd panel 2 dragons and so on. (PoV)
  6. Visit the forum via the games Support/feedback link, although this part would be difficult to track within the game but if can be done I would add “create 1 introduction post”
  7. Log in into the game once per day (PoV)
  8. Pop-up and Read alliance message board
  9. Complete 2 PoV daily challenges followed by 5 followed by 10 to a total of say 30 (PoV)
  10. Collect 100 gems in total from any rewards chest, mv, qu’est etc (PoV)

I’d like to see more PoV challenges that pop up and replace inbetween say the challenge event one rather than seeing it sit there doing nothing.

Having like 3 extra PoV challenges included but my main hope is that I would like to see at least totally different daily challenges with each new PoV so that the PoV doesn’t eventually become a drag or boring in the future.

4 Likes

I think a way they could overcome that is to sorta divide the daily challenge total from the rest (PoV) challenges within their program so at that level it offers a 4* mat as this would probably provide an incentive to those that can’t complete the PoV challenge thus a reason to continue with the daily challenges.

Just a thought.

A good thought, but if they can’t do it in a way that is monetized to their benefit, it won’t be done.

All new game elements introduced are introduced to generate revenues.

They will evaluate the revenues that POV #1 has generated, and that will guide any tweaks they may make going forward. So if what you recommend results in players spending in order to complete the daily challenges, then I expect they’d be all for it, but if it’s just a free/cheap to play quality of life suggestion, then where is their motivation to respond? They need revenue generation.