You won't complete Path of Valor #1 (Probably) Analysis, Complaining, and Suggestion

Guvnor, absolutely true, here and in every other part of life. Unfortunately, this doesn’t make it less tiresome.

See, what you’re saying, sounds to me like because I beat a guy up so he can’t go to work tomorrow, concidentally, his workplace had a workplace shooting the next day, then he should be thankful for what I did to him?

POV is only responsible for POV rewards. You can’t put rewards for other things and give the credit to POV. It makes no sense.

But I can because P.o.v has dailys and people trying to complete those happen to see other things avaiable because they are online, just like they are more apt to see a cheap deal for gems and other ways for SG and the community to benefit from them being there.

1 Like

This is actually a good argument. And I concede here.

But, what are the chances of that? You’d have to multiply the demographic of people who log in specifically for POV, by the chances that they wouldn’t have logged in that day, by the chances that somehow they saw the rare quest or whatever it is, by the chances that they’re able to, and will complete it.

Which means in the grand scheme of things, a pretty small increase.

Also, this goes back to my point about which demographic does the POV target? For the active players who already log in daily and know all the dates to all the events, that benefit you’re talking about is non-existent.

It only exists for people who were not so active, but decided to be active because of the POV. That goes back to targetting the 3rd type of players I mentioned in my post.

But those players are not enticed by the POV’s rewards, because they can’t even complete POV 50, and even if they could, the rewards seem small compared to their effort. If they only put in some effort, they’ll get much less reward; so they aren’t tempted to do some of POV; and as a result, it’s again, useless.

I mean, just as an example.

For the past couple of days, I was too lazy to keep up with raid and monster chests; I knew my timer was up, but I choose to sleep through it, so I only did 1 of each per day.

Would I have woken up for Alliance War hits? Maybe; because I don’t want to cause my alliance mates inconvenience.

But if I didn’t wake up for monster chests, I’m definitely not going to wake up for a couple hundred valor points.

So you see what I’m saying? POV should be more enticing to players if it wants players to be loyal.

1 Like

I get what you are saying but what a lot of these people who are complaining dont realize is that if they put in the effort for P.O.V. they gonna realize how much more stuff they could have already been getting just by logging in. Which hopefully makes them see “wow if I just log in everyday I can actually make better progress than when I logged in twice per week”. what do you know they get a lot more done and start to enjoy themselves more because they actually have more. Tell their friends to join hit titans more realize everything is not that hard if you just put in a little time.

3 Likes

Going to @ you @bobiscool cause you asked specifically about this of me but I think you missed it in your discussion with the doctor lol

1 Like

I like this thought process, I think it’s very creative. But the thing is, if you look at it from a potential hardcore player’s perspective, they’re not gonna think that deeply.

Realistically, they’ll think: Is this worth it? No? Not gonna do it and continue to play 2 days a week.

There should be a way to, from their perspective, make it seem worth it. Which IMO, could only come from making POV comparatively better than rewards from other sources like monsters chests. Which, again, is why I even suggested lowering the rewards for other things in order to make POV stand out; but I know how unpopular that would be.

edit: To demonstrate, one simple move they could make, that I think would make POV a lot better, is to firstly, return the costume quests to how it was originally, 5 or 6 keys per month; also reduce the number of keys you can obtain per month from other sources significantly (IMO they never should have been so generous with keys in the first place); right now it seems active players can get 15-20 keys per month from mystic vision, chests, etc.

So in total, that’s about 20-25 keys reduced from current sources.

Spread those keys around the POV. Add a few somewhere around POV 15, 25, 35, 45. THAT, I think would fix this whole thing by a lot already. Not completely, but by a lot.

@Guvnor I put an aside in the new s3 thread by zephyr because I didn’t have the heart to pull you back in here lol.

Eh km kinda half following this thread again, mainly to see the response to Doctor as I think he makes a good point.

By introducing a loyalty system that encourages the grind, there is the chance that more players will realise the value in some aspects of that grind…

E.g. by forcing higher titans, it encourages players to move out of small alliances… Larger alliances have more knowledge and better titan loot. These both encourage better gameplay and more growth…

I hear dozens of stories about people who joined a small inactive alliance but never left cause they didn’t know what they were missing…

1 Like

I was one of those people. Still in my small alliance though, even though I now know how many AMs higher titans give. I do try harder to get that A+ on titans now though.

Also, edited my post above if you want to see my perspective.

2 Likes

@yelnats_24 @Ozy1

I’m not debating any other aspect of PoV except for the summon challenge, all other are either alliance related or easily achivable. I’m also not complaining about it, just reporting my experience. So, here is how things are:

Since PoV started, beside the daily summons and ocasional tokens I got from grinding I used about 100 grey tokens I had stashed away, 130 challenge tokens, 300 Atlantis coins, 20 costume keys, 4 ETT. Put together these account for roughly about 125 summons. Currently I’m 5/45 on tier IX, leaving me with exactly 90 needed summons in the next 32 days. Also this means, so far, in 18 days of regular grinding I got about 60 summons, meaning roughly an average of 3 a day. If I keep this rate, I’ll barely make it to 275 with little room for error. So, if it wasn’t for the roughly 100 grey tokens I had stashed before PoV started, There would have been NO CHANCE IN HELL for me to complete the summoning challenge, and no amount of theory is ever going to change that. Remember, this isn’t a complain, as I don’t need to complete the summon challenge to get the rings. It’s just a report on how things are on this matter for a very active f2p player. Regards!

2 Likes

Which post?

20 posts…

@Guvnor why isn’t your name long enough for 20 characters.

It’s already better than what you where getting before the PoV for doi g nothing more than what you did before the PoV to begin with so every reward in the PoV is an added bonus on top of any other chest or reward you would normally have played for to begin with making the PoV nothing more than an added bonus of extra rewards to begin with which you didn’t have 18 days ago for doing the same thing.

As for all these other hyperphetical suggestions of what some players might do is just nothing more than blowing air into the wind hoping to make an unrealistic argument sound right.

1 Like

Not sure how that relates to my comments regarding the demographics (which is what you specifically dragged me back in her about :stuck_out_tongue:)

But I don’t necessarily agree. I think other rewards can easily be added to the PoV to make it “seem” more worthwhile… Doesn’t have to be high value stuff but can be stuff like more flasks, more crafting or farmable items etc…

I like the costume event being worth 10 keys. Makes sense to be an even number of summons. Re the costume keys it’s not quite as prevalent as you made out… I’m highly active and got a total of 8x keys in the month.

2 Likes

Interesting. i was just going by the feb costume thread seeing a lot of people talking about pulling with a lot of keys. I was jealous.

the demographics point I said I already covered in that other thread; mainly that I think it’s a combination of both; there isn’t the demographic of people who would highly dislike the POV in your alliance. But yes, people voice their frustration more as well.

I am pretty sure this post here

Would suggest that I tend to agree with you, lol.

1 Like

Disregard to others’ opinions doesn’t win you any ‘cool points.’

Do you hate rewards? Do you always have the ascension mats and heroes you want?

“It’s better than you were getting before…”

I wasn’t PAYING for an extra grind before. If I PAY, I want MORE. Gimme.

1 Like

Why is it to technically written for you that you don’t understand the simplicity of it, lol.

Give a sec I will go back my primary school day books and try to simplify it for you.

I will be 10yrs before I get all the mats I need m8, lol.

100% and that is my point.

Don’t get me wrong, I did 8 odd key pulls but that was cause I had been saving my keys for when Vivica was featured (and had gotten a couple of the deals with keys in them)

I think many had done the same :slight_smile:

2 Likes