You know you've been playing Empires too much when

When …

My husband is watching his favourite American football team play and I ask “who are they fighting?”

Edit: Go Rams! … He made me add that :smile:

4 Likes

Oi @Anonymous, did you get the job?

You run up to a mall Santa and scream, “Why won’t you appear in my E&P account?!?!?!?!”

6 Likes

10 interviews in 3 weeks for 3 jobs (one of them my favorite, the other two are very similar), including 3 final interviews. Just waiting on references which is the final request from the interviewers but looking good. Hence my temporary absence from the forums (+ the holidays)- soooo busy.

BUT there’s always time for E&P. Soooo without further ado:

You know you’ve been playing too much E&P when:

• … the first thing you double check in the parking lot before the interview is turning off “Line notifications” (obviously you took care of all your meters already) and the first thing after the interview is turning them back on to check your Alliance messages.
  • … you want to answer E&P to more than half of the interview questions- “teamwork”, “commitment to excellence”, “statistical analysis”, “time management and efficiency”, etc.
  • … you’re actually a little worried about getting that favorite job because of how much it’ll take out of your E&P time… until you realize “who am I kidding?”.
  • … you spent every non-interview/job related moment as an excuse to E&P that you ended up procrastinating on Christmas shopping/wrapping until the day before Christmas and were up until 3am wrapping when you promised to be at the party by 10am.
13 Likes

When in real life you meet someone named Richard and

1 - you wonder where his giant hammer is

2 - you have to resist the urge to throw green gems at him

4 Likes

When you are praying for good tile matches and not your family anymore. :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

When you turn on your internet connection and then you get a notification about your emails. You see the word Kuchen (cake in german) and automatically read Kunchen! :see_no_evil:
And many other …

When the game becomes a routine in your daily life.

When your Alliance leader suggests after every filled war chest to make a break and pause one war and you are thrilled about a break!

3 Likes

When your never-ending stream of messages about the Titans/Patriots game are getting jumbled with your Line (and in-game) messages about the Titan (both incoming and outgoing). Mostly bc we just killed a rare Titan coincidentally at the same time as the game starting. Which prob means the Patriots are going to crush the Titans. (and as I type this, Edelman walks in for the TD- no joke).

5 Likes

When you just read a thread with the word “Titan” in it and you just remembered your have to attack a Titan.

3 Likes

You’re watching Valerian and the robot army looks like Black Knight on steroids!

1 Like

…when your autocorrection always turns words and names into E&P expressions.

8 Likes

… or mix spanish and english words. :wink:

2 Likes

Best ever :joy::joy::joy::joy: schrecklich… :see_no_evil::rofl:

2 Likes

When you talk more on WhatsApp with
Alliance members, than friends and family ever.

2 Likes

When you start referring AM as something else.

Hey! This Titan we killed just dropped a Warm Crap for me.

1 Like

When EP is the 1st thing you open in the morning, and the last thing you close in the night.

9 Likes

I got an offer from my second favorite job as well and had to decline.

5 Likes

You consider buying the same phone as your work issue handset, so you can steal the battery halfway through the day when you’re at 4% already…

7 Likes

When I see my son cloth shelf is a somthing… :thinking:

PS: I did not pay attention since I play (feb 2019) almost 1 year.

9 Likes

When you tap on names in other games, to see what Heroes they have.

1 Like