You know you've been playing Empires too much when

Read all 422 post waitng for WE to recharge.
Have fun.
Wolf9
:rofl:

10 Likes

hey, I had communication on 5 different mediums with one game friend. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

You know you been playing empires too much, when:
*you are staring at someone you dislike, and imagining Bane’s harmonic Slam hitting them, then again, and again, and then you wake up from you day dream, and they ask why your smiling. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

When you get frustrated at atlantis summons because other than gravy, everything else was a dupe…

4 Likes

When you find a penny on the ground and are thankful that you didn’t have to fill a monster chest to claim it.

22 Likes

When you climb the inside winding staircase of an historical monument to see the view at the top and can only think “this is as tough as ascending a 5*”.

9 Likes

You wake up and grab your phone to play a minute, but next thing you know it’s bedtime again -:scream:

17 Likes

When you are texting or calling your husband at work reminding him to hit the Titan :rofl: oops! Sorry not sorry :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes

When you see people standing around holding darts in a pub, and you find yourself wondering who they’re planning to ascend.

19 Likes

When you’re a well published scientist, at an elite research institution. Suddenly finding yourself obsessively developing and optimizing a new genome-wide sequencing based methodology. Solely for the purpose of publishing it with a name whose acronym somehow works out to be one of the HOTM (seriously)!:thinking:

Oh, and your lab mates are already wondering what all those numbers and stars mean on all of your lab reagents and typed protocols. But they are too embarrassed to ask, so you smile when you notice their typed up versions of your lab protocols (or better yet, their newly developed ones), contain items like buffers named WuK3-60 (with my originally accompanied disclaimer note “ * works well, but still could use further optimization” , still right next to it.:shushing_face:

16 Likes

Now you gotta tell us which one…

2 Likes

GMKR

Or, at least that would be my mad scientist acronym.

5 Likes

Try alasie lol you get the same result

2 Likes

@Niniel
I promise I’ll give you a potential first cut list after I get the initial round of sequencing results back. Then provide updated lists with results from each iteration of optimizations as I move through the different cells types, tissues, disease settings. Realistically, initial attempts will look more like a 3* feeder than a HOTM🤯…

@Hrairoo @rezy666
Let’s just agree that if both global method usage and citation rates would yield rankings comparable to either GMKR or Alasie , I would take it. But instead of creating something truly groundbreaking, it might just really be due to the simple truth that most scientists are just always pushovers for the most recent “latest and greatest!”:wink: (Or that using it just gives them a better chance at manuscript or grant acceptance).

To be continued…

2 Likes

Shouldn’t this be moved to the foreign language thread :joy::rofl:

7 Likes

@EzerHorden
I’m just a clinical doctor, I barely understand the scienc-y words :wink:
(Seriously though, your field is where I believe the future of medicine lies)

6 Likes

When you park off the road to quickly use a flag.

14 Likes

When you lock the consulting room door between patients so your staff doesnt interrupt a titan flag.

15 Likes

I thought I was the only one who did that. I think my staff has figured out that “chart review” means farming, raiding or hitting the titan.

5 Likes

Wait, you and @Niniel don’t put an unavailable block in your schedule to make sure you get your flags used? I find using “provider meeting” works well for undisturbed titan hits.

2 Likes