You are battling the computer not players

Let me try this way, when you go to your heroes click edit when they come up right below them is a tab says defense team you have 5 teams only ONE of them the tab will be high lighted. That IS your defense of your base of operations. I usually set my 5th team as that team and put the team I want in it. Because every time you come on you will c
come into your last played and defense does not count so you set up your 1st team as your farm team then you will not change the defense

1 Like

Or put differently:

You select one of your teams to be Defense by selecting the Defense button in the team editor. I’m assuming you understand this and have your desired team set as Defense.

When you go to raid, you may use any five heroes in your roster. You’re given the opportunity to select an attack team before committing to the raid. You should (almost surely) not be using your defense team on offense. (Perhaps this thinking is peculiar to Americans; our football teams have distinct offense and defense squads, whilst European football (aka soccer) teams require all players to be good at both offense and defense.

Another place I notice that you are lacking is in troops. In your previous screenshot, notice that the defending team, led by Cyprian, has all 4* troops; you have only 3* troops. 4* troops are much more potent.

5 Likes

Make sure ALL of your troops have SOME work don to them for the 4 you use so they hit better than 0s

1 Like

Whichever team you set up and assign as your defense team is the team that opponents face when they raid/revenge you, when you are offline and the computer plays for you. It uses that team. When you raid attack or revenge attack you are facing the team the opponent assigned as his/her defense team, being played by the computer.

The defense does not use gems so colour weak/strong does not count. The computer uses the hero specials as soon as they are available. If more than one they are used left to right, so the order is important for defense. You want any specials that buff your heroes (like Boldtusk) or remove buffs from your opponents (like Sonya) should be towards the left so they fire before other hitters to make the other hitters more effective.

It is usually preferred to use a rainbow team for your defense to minimize the effectiveness of opponent stacking on offense. If you have more than one of the same colour on defense your opponent can stack against that colour and be extra strong against more than one of your heroes.

You have a good start on heroes there, although two with slow mana (LJ and Colen) is not optimal. Kunchen will be a good tank when you get him maxed, and Drake is IMHO a solid flanker. But if you only have 3 good teams you need to work on 4* heroes before maxing a 5*. Even 3* heroes can help in Alliance Wars when starting out.

2 Likes

But also WAY WAY harder to get

1 Like

Fixed that for you. :wink:

3 Likes

Thank you OH great one :heart_eyes:

1 Like

just in case you have not realized it yet, this game is LONG and slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

4 Likes

Yes, think about measuring progress in quarters (3 months), not weeks. BTW, spending is not needed, but it does accelerate the pace of play.

1 Like

It does do that but you WILL run into a blockade called ascension items.
There finished it for you :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

All joke aside just relax and have fun. Try some of the ideas we suggested while farming and see how they work

1 Like

When in doubt, WuKong it.

4 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:like seriously??? This I gotta share…thank you all a bunch learned a lot.

3 Likes

The said teams can be shared right? You said your 5th team is your defence. What I am asking teams can be shared from different sets…e.g.: not enough holy you may only have 3 but 1 is more powerful…or may be the attacking hero so you share their power with another set. Capiche?

1 Like

@Marcia this thread may help you undersrand the strategy a bit better

Ultimate Raid Strategy Tips for the Casual Player

and this one

2 Likes

YES they can…

2 Likes