Yet another Ascension Dilemma

Several dilemmas actually…

My maxed 5*s are as follows:

Purple:
Bera+20, Seshat+20, Clarissa+19, Lepiota+9, Grimble+3, Myztero.

Yellow:
C Joon+20, Uraeus+20, Malosi+20, Poseidon+14, Bai+3

Green:
Telluria+20, Francine+19, Elkanen+9, C Horghall.

Blue:
Vela+20, Ariel+19, Glenda+14, Misandra+10, Miki

Red:
Tyr+20, c Marjana+19, Baldur+19, JF+18, Noor+6, Elena.

And the dilemmas are:

Red: Ares vs 2nd C Marjana
C Marjana is the known commodity here - she would improve my war depth and help against green mythic titans. But I am intrigued by Ares, both for titans and in a second red team base around tile damage and probably including wilbur and falcon. I would like to hear from those in the know as to how good his crit bonus is - seems quite powerful even at 3-70. I have lots of paladin emblems (and happy to reset telluria too) but few spare rogue ones. 6 rings.

Yellow: Thor vs Norns vs Roostley
I thought I would definitely go with Thor but having experimented at 3-70 he seems less good than I expected. Because he cycles through his three hits (unlike ninjas) he is a disruptor in the first instance, who then goes onto be a quite devastating hitter. But in the disruptor role I prefer malosi or even bai yeong (plus jackal) as their debuffs are much more powerful. And later in the fight I prefer stone cold killers like c joon and uraeus. Conversely, I assumed norns would stay on the bench but now I see people have made use of her against the yellow mythic titan (I don’t have panther) and I find that and other innovative uses appealing. I have nothing against roostley but he doesn’t seem very interesting. I have some fighter emblems, few sorcerer and loads of paladin. Darts 4 (so this is not yet a decision I need to take)

Blue: Frosth vs Snow White
Again I thought this a no-brainer as frost’s potential synergies with bera, Glenda and Noor look great. But I have very few slow heroes, which is a bit limiting in rush wars/tourneys and I like the thought of SWs massive damage and synergy with wilbur. I wouldn’t have many emblems free for either. Scopes 9.

Green: Atomos
This one finally is a no-brainer as my greens suck and atomos will make a good replacement for elkanen in my green stack. I have plenty of emblems and 15 tonics so no problem there. However, I only have 2 tomes so the question here is whether I want to go ahead and ascend him now or wait on one of the above possibilities.

All advice gratefully received.

Ps - maybe i should add that, other than the PoV, I am now ftp so I am not anticipating getting any better options in the future.

1 Like

Hi, @Elianne

Go for 2nd Marj. She’s very good for war depth. I am close to maxing her now but I still have yet her costume. My Ares is relegated to my 2nd monored team for wars flanked with 2 GM’s, if we face unigreen tanks. I would love maxing 2 of her in order for me to upgrade from my 3 Falcons.

If I am in your shoes, I’d go to Thor. He is very fast. And unlike the ninjas where you need to get approx 15 tiles just to fully optimize them, the God of Thunder already attacks casts his specials twice possibly blinding and damaging 4 enemy heroes and this third mana charge is at full optimum.

Frosth is good if you have Glenda and Krampus, or other minion summoners. Snow White is a luxury hero if you already have at least 3 to 5 maxed iced legendary. Her special is so devastating if you know how and when to do it.

Atomos? I have mine stucked at 3/70 even if I have 22 unused tonics in my inventory. But if you don’t have any better option and you have abundant tonics, I guess he could be of some use.

In the end, the primary consideration of ascending heroes are the availability of emblems for those heroes.

Good luck.

5 Likes
  • Players who use ares like him ; depends if their reasons why stack up for what you want :thinking:

• Norns hits hard and has unique utility. PVE she is super useful for boss stages. No use on defense, but very useful offensively,

• frosth is too new for me to have any opinion… But Snow White hits hard and her utility is powerful even if niche.

I know I’m a bit late on this, but I can’t praise Snow White enough. I do have several blues maxed and took a flyer on her and couldn’t be more pleased.

There is a slight learning curve, but her slow speed actually works to her advantage because it allows you or your enemy to fire up buffs and and ailments. The more buffs and ailments on the board, the harder she hits, up to 480% on all enemies. Plus it clears both you and your enemy of all of those buffs and ailments.

If I’m going against a team with heavy buffers like Black Knight, Krampus, Aegir, or any of the counterattack enemies, I always bring her on raids. I’ve cleared 3 or 4 enemies off the board with one single hit from her.

Also works great in Very Fast wars and tournament. Another one she can clear is Alfrike’s special as long as she doesn’t get hit by Alfrike. I’ve found that very useful in very fast wars and tournaments.

One of my favorite raid heroes along with Lord Loki and Lepiota

3 Likes

That’s really helpful - thanks - exactly what I hoped.

I actually ascended Frosth but am happy with that decision as I love the synergy he has with other blues, especially average speed ones, like Glenda or Ariel. For once though, the gods of RNG have smiled on me and I am almost ready to ascend another blue. Snow White is at the head of that queue.

Norns is good for Ice/Nature/Fire Mythic Titans too. I find that when my top heroes from the strong colour have had their stats depleted too far, Norns gives you a chance to bring in your A-Team from the weak colour. I found it to be quite effective.

Ares is one I wish I could trade in for my mats back. Ive had him maxed forever and use to be my red tank, but he sits on my bench now. BK even replaced him on titans.

If on defense, I would go Roostley. Offense, Thor. I still cant bring myself to feed Norns. I know she can help with Mystic titans, but I can get 1% without her.

Snow White has been underwhelming for me. Even when maxing effect stacks to max, its just not what you would expect for that much setup. Frosth is fun, but kinda novel except for events (big help in Ninja Tower).

As for Atomos, I think he would be a great second choice. Id say top choice if it wasn’t for the resurgence of purple tanks.

Yep - that’s what I am hoping for. Also I don’t have panther so am unable to bring elemental debuff against yellow titans. But with norns, I should be able to use my yellow team possibly retaining tiburtus as I also lack a yellow def debuffer, or just using harpoons. I am taking her to 3-70 to experiment (Thor got the mats but I am up to 3 darts now). Thanks for the comment.

Thanks, I have been using ares at 3-70 and I just can’t see the crit effect being that greayt which is disappointing because I have a lot of 4* crit troops and jf as well - I was hoping for something really noticeable. Perhaps I will just ascend a second c marjana then - seems a safer bet for war depth and mythic titans.
Your comment about snow white combined with the fact that I just pulled Isarnia’s costume has made me pause - I was all set to ascend SW but c Isarnia offers an alternative heavy hitting slow blue. Do elemental links count towards her special? If so I would have though it easy enough to get a lot of buffs on your own side at least.
I went with Thor for the yellow choice and am pleased I did - you can never have too many v fast heroes and paired with jackal and malosi he is a lot of fun. Thanks for all comments though.

Elemental links are not removed, so my understanding is they don’t count towards SW’s stack.

Sad that today you can use Freya and \ or Frosth to achieve minion damage that passes an un emblemed Snow White’s burst damage per turn. Thats with max stacks. True, that is the case with most heroes, but they dont take the setup and sacrifice SW does.

Congrats on C Isarnia. I feel she is much better. A lot more tile damage, but kinda squishy. You will get a little less damage per hit with Isarnia (against a full 420% SW), but there is no setup or loss of status effects.

1 Like

I went Russula.

I do not regret this one bit. I only had enough emblems to get it to +12, but it’s a fixture on my raid team. Fantastic offensive hero.

I’m waiting for the circus and the other season 4 heroes before I max Frosth, but because of all of my minions heroes, I will max Frosth, but it’s down the queue unless I get a run on scopes. I had a day where I got 3 in one day from a regular monster chest, titan loot and mystic vision, so it has happened before.

I now have 15 maxed blues. I only have less greens and yellows

2 Likes

Haven’t been disappointed with any of the season 4 heroes. Not sure why it took me so much self deliberation to max Russula

Cookie Settings