Hi all. Due to a lot of complaints coming from players about unfair matchmaking in alliance wars, I decided to make a short analysis of it. SG is still trying to make wars more justice, but I don’t think that has helped for the system.
Ok, but what is wrong with matchmaking? Is any war possible to win or sometimes wars are impossible to win with an enemy? Check out there.
To win war, alliance must gain more points - and this is first thing to check.
I am basing on a wars of my alliance and this is what I found out:
1. Additional point for a win batle are a half of basic points, additionally rounded up. It means, that tere’s completely no matter how strong player attacks the enemy - if You win, you get additional half of basic points.
- Both alliances have the same sum of points in total. To explain it, there is a table with players strenght and their total points.
Both alliances are worth the same amount of points (1517). And there is a very important matter to ask - is this justice?
Check this out:
- 3 players ~4000+, 2 players ~3700, 1 player ~3600, 1 player ~3500, rest - worse
- 4 players ~4000+, 2 players ~3700, 1 player ~3600, 2 players ~3500, rest - worse
That seems first alliance have harder way to destroy whole enemy alliance to get the same amount of points, because enemy has more players with 4k+ strenght. It’s completely unfair.
From another war, there is a comparision between my and enemy alliance:
- 3 players ~4000+, 2 players ~3700, 2 players ~3600, 2 player ~3500, rest - worse
- 7 players ~4000+, 2 players ~3700, 1 player ~3600, 2 players ~3500, rest - worse
Just explain me - how first alliance have to destroy 4 more players 4k+ and get the same amounts of points, if enemy kills weaker players and get the same? Completely no logic… Points should depend on defense teams not on overall score for team.
3. Points are not proportional to defense team. Just look for example from screen:
Why player with 4000 defense team is less worth than player with 3700 defense team?
And another example from last war. Two enemies:
Why player with 3700 team is less worth than 3400?
If it’s harder to kill, should be worth more!
To have a clear proof for unjustice pointing system I made some charts, basing on a table posted upper.
They presents dependence between defense strenght and points possible to get for win a battle.
There we can see that there’s no matter in current system how strong defense team is. Some stronger teams give less points than worse ones.
The same chart with second alliance:
And there is a collection of both charts in one:
The conclusion is that points aren’t proportional to defense team, what makes next conclusion - not every war is possible to win.
Dear SG, the most honorous fight is when players can get better rewards for killing better players…
Let’s all discuss - if points would be proprtional to defense team - it will be a solution?