Yang Mai – 5* Fire/ Red - May 2021 HOTM (Hero of the Month) -- Initial Release

66x damage with full stack under -44% defense that’s so underwhelming :fearful:

2 Likes

If you have gefjon, maybe. But it’s always a matter what else you have to work with.

That’s the same situation with Marjana, she hits one for around 800Hp total , Mai hits for around 1600 total in this example, or around 600 against one. Even without any stacks, if she hits 2 targets the damage is nearly the same like Marjanas.
After that she is faster than Marjana and she works good with every other red hero, Marjana with her burn damage doesn’t work so well with many other reds.

She is definitely not the best hero out there, but she is solid and I would definitely not say underwhelming.

7 Likes

You’re looking at just ONE of the multiple hits. Add them up and she’s doing 1615 damage there. Pretty good IMO, plus the boosted tile damage and mana boosts follow.

1 Like

Marjana is more decisive because she can actually snipe a hero and take it down before he fires.

Yang cannot do that, she can soften the opponent sure but most of the time this will not influence in your favor the course of the fight.

Great, thank you for taking the time

1 Like

Not sure if this has been covered but these new elemental links that give small amounts of mana pair well with the older Hotm’s +4% mana, red in particular. Grazul at very fast and Yang at fast.
I’ve tested a 3-2 and a 4-1 set up. Yang had no problem getting to her stack up to 10. Also worth noting, she doesn’t have to get those extra hits to gain her stack, the initial hit counts as one. Even at 1-1 I like her, her tile damage will be nice when I get her leveled🙂

EDIT
Patiently waiting for a green to drop with this link, and hopefully will be at fast mana to match Kingston and Evelyn.

1 Like

The June HoTM Elradir has the link, but he’s average speed

2 Likes

i have her currently at +15 and she is doing better then elena which she replaced, pairing her with falcon or c.marjana is crucial it increases her damage significantly.

Elemental link is great, espceially at fast speed she both supports average / slow heros load even when no tiles are on board.

her damage is of course a bit random but on average she is doing decent damage.

2 Likes

Which emblem path did you take for her seeing you went Def Team?

i am going full attack gotta improve the strengh of a hero and hers is obviously attack and dealing damage.

she has decent base stats on def and health to give her enough survivalbility.

4 nodes to go 2x attack, 1x health, 1x def.

will bring her to

840 / 852 / 1446

5 Likes

2 rings away so giving her a run at 3.70. She is proving to be quite fun in a 4/1 stack.

In this match she shot 3 times for the following overall damage:

604 (boosted by Wilbur)

That is quite a big damage output for a 3.70 hero, plus the awesome elemental link (the main reason she is on this team), plus the boost to tile damage (which is harder to quantify, but does make an impact).

She fits in very well with a battle of attrition team as she will get stronger and stronger, besides boosting everyone’s mana to ensure survivability

Quite eager to get those 2 extra rings…

7 Likes

Game vs. Onyx Frigg Garnet Odin Cobalt defense incl ridiculous ninja dodges and Cobald using 3x + Jinx. MVP Yang Mai wins the game that would otherwise be probably lost.

12 Likes

I wish she hit like Finley. Then this would be an amazing hero!

That was a bad ■■■ finish! :slight_smile:

Well finley is more reliable yes, but it would have failed in the endgame situation of the video i just posted, endgame is where yang mai shines especially if heros have low health.

Finley style special would have killed onyx wasting damage or damaged half of cobalts health.

I like the fact you point that out people often praise strong heroes and type where weaker ones fail but there are example like this one where strong hero fail in some situations just like all others heroes they have their weaknes.

Personally I like Yang Mai most for the link she can speed up my boy Azlar with his costume to do some serious dmg.

1 Like

I got Yang Mai not long ago and almost have her fully leveled myself. Been trying her out and I’m enjoying having her on my team. Like everyone else I wish they would have left her chance for additional hits a little higher cause I rarely get her stack to 10. But she is fun and when she hits more it feels great. Can’t wait to put emblems on her.

3 Likes

Testing her out in revenge battles!

5 Likes

How much mana benefit does her elemental link bring?

tl;dr
Fast hero loads in 6 tiles (3 ghost tiles) and four turns of elemental link (no mana troops)

2 Likes

Here’s some more.

With nine tiles average heroes that need 10
tiles are ready after two turns and slow ones with enough mana boost to load in 11 tiles are ready after 4 turns.

With eight tiles average heroes that need 10
tiles are ready after three turns and slow ones with enough mana boost to load in 11 tiles wont get ready at all.

1 Like