Yang Mai – 5* Fire/ Red - May 2021 HOTM (Hero of the Month) -- Initial Release

Minor damage deals half damage

3 Likes

After using 3 FREE :key: :key: :key: I pulled exactly what I wanted

20210506_154705

7 Likes

Just figured Glenda bonus dmg + Yang Mai might be best ever!

Glenda increase by 40% + Yang Mai 4 hits will use Glenda bonus 4 times if it happens = 4x 40% extra dmg :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Good to know!
Thanks for sharing this tip

That’s great since I only have 3 hotm in near 4 years nd grimble is one, glenda is other and yang juust joined me today on my first key pull. Was going to use my keys for. 10x but getting her on first pull I stopped.

1 Like

I used to like Misandra when S2 heroes were powerful, I see the HOTM a red Misandra with slight improvements… actually, she’s not a “must to have” at all. However, can be useful. I’ve pulled her this morning and will give her the chance… lol

1 Like

Having just got her I’m going to say she’s okay. Yea it sucks at times when she doesn’t chain but when she does it 5 times in a row, that’s such an awesome feeling. I feel that because they dropped it to 50% chance, the consecutive hits should not be minor. That’s really it for her

I hope it’s ok to link this ,it’s a poll about buffing Yang Mai . I’d like to see her back to original form that I tested in beta and having pulled her even more so but I felt his way before I pulled her as posted in lounge. Anyhow here’s the link to poll

Pairing Yang with an attack buff hero can be significant. A few times while testing I’ve hit 2 5 hits in a row. Paired with Krampus that causes her to be dealing double damage. A :100: % buff is crazy for attack. So yes she is a gamble, but a hero that can achieve almost very fast speeds with the link with that damage (don’t forget the tile damage boost) is not to be ignored.

Yes that does mean firing 4 times in a row and having a stack of 4 too. I had that happen as well in testing.

So not groundbreaking but a decent HotM. I would prefer a higher percent that decreases with each hit, by I don’t think she needs a buff

Just pulled her and tested her out at 1.1. Used her on farming runs. Personal thoughts…

1. My experience, firing her off twice gives her 4stacks on average. May be useful in PVE or titans when paired with g.falcon/wilbur where you can build up her charges.

2. Might not be too useful on raids, i dont usually like the “gamble” heroes on raids.

3. The element link essentially makes her v.fast and is very useful in a red stack/mono red team.

4. I like the animation of the special skill.

Overall, i like the hero but im not sure she would fit in my current mono re team. Maybe on titans…

4 Likes

I must say i was a bit sceptical at her, but just had a raid against maxed version and must say she is actually a decent hero and holding her weight. She gets better as the game progresses.

Especially that she can hit multiple times the same hero makes her way different.

Recorded my three matches.

and can understand now why her percentage was reduced.

she has decent attack stats and an inherent buff that cant be dispelled easily. looking now to add her to my roaster especiallly because her elemental link is awesome.

in the best case

she could deal damage stronger than the best snipers in the game.

with damage potential of 840% on a single hero
average damage should be 420%

and this does not factor in buffs or defense down. i think she is a great lategame hero.

10 Likes

Why another HotM is not animated??

1 Like

Sorry if this has been asked on this thread (hard to back read, or just lazy :joy:)… her card says there is an additional 50% chance she will fire upto 4x. Does this mean that 50% of the time she will fire either 1, 2, 3 or 4 more times? Or does this mean that she has a 50% chance to make an extra fire?

If scenario 1, this means 50% of the time, she will fire once, then 12.5% each to fire 2x, 3x, 4x, 5x?
If scenario 2, this means 50% she will fire another shot meaning the chances for her to fire 5x is 3.xx%?

Works like that @e-man.
Every new hit has a 50% chance, so the more hits the smaller the overall chance.

2 Likes

each hit is independent 50% from what i tested
the probability to hit at least is:
1x = 100%
2x = 50%
3x = 25%
4x = 12,5%
5x = 6,25%

How the probability to hit exactly only x times is

1x = 50% = (280% damage)
2x = 25% = (420% damage)
3x = 12,5% = (560% damage)
4x = 6,25% = (700% damage)
5x = 6,25% = (840% damage)

this means her special makes on average 411% damage in the long run.

this does not factor in buffs or anything just probability based on her damage percentage.

(this is the an answer to if i attack 100 times how many times does each hit total occur).

tested this out of curiosity 56 times with the following result:
1x = 25 ~ 44,5%
2x = 16 ~ 28,6%
3x = 7 ~ 12,5%
4x = 4 ~ 7,1%
5x = 4 ~ 7,1%

which confirms my math.

9 Likes

411% average is actually pretty decent especially with the powerful elemental link and and bonus stack

2 Likes

Since I pulled her quite early and had both rings and monk emblems lying around, I maxed her and took for PVP rides. That’s for a more educated, live game based comment.

She is not useless, but not a insta win hero also. Finally a red HotM that’s actually about dealing damage, which is probably the best reason to have her.

• extra hits come at reasonable amount - though it’s still a gamble. Can’t have her be your last resort as you will be disappointed. If you aim for a long game, that kind of evens out. I thought I will be disappointed more often.
  • mana link is neat, helps even if I take her in rainbow squad
  • damage is pretty weak, though adds up when you are lucky to get a fist streak on a single target
  • she is fun to play and have potential to be satisfying when chain lands (that’s probably an inner gambler effect); not the most effective option available though, so ‘have some fun if you don’t mind losing when unlucky’ :man_shrugging: that 500 on main target is sad when I have Gefjon hitting for 1000 without having to build 10 stacks first;

Here’s her stats and dmg output at stack 10 (she was emblemmed half way through, had Heimdall’s buff and 29 level mana troop) if anyone’s interested.

12 Likes

was that a maxed garnet? how much def? 1200?

That’s the player’s Garnet:

Didn’t click on stats in game unfortunately.

Ok i think she has enough attack up and needs to be paired with a def down hero to get most value due to how attack / def ratios work.

with -34 def instead off additional attack she would have done probably 600-700 damage.

Seeing in my video that she can do almost 900 damage on defense. i think she is overall ok both for defense and offense also due to her decent stats.