Yang Mai – 5* Fire/ Red - May 2021 HOTM (Hero of the Month) -- Initial Release

Very disappointed been waiting for good red hotm… Noor… reuben…now this… SG hates red heroes :confused:

10 Likes

Yang Mai would be more promising if her skill was “60% chance for additional hits…”
Now 50% is a different story.
Still a better red HOTM than Noor and Reuben :unamused:

3 Likes

I was so hyped and then saw 50%… what?? 70 was okey with this weak first hit 60% acceptable for a HOTM but now this is just disappointing… :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

I wanna hear what people say when they’ve maxed her out. Looks quite decent to me.

1 Like

i think most are going off of first impressions. Like all hotms, need to give her some time to figure her out

1 Like

She’s like a fast hero ‘hit target for 280% and nearby targets for minor damage’. There aint many heroes like that in the game, but one is Musashi who deals 332% target + minor nearby.

Except Musashi hits 2 additional targets guaranteed, while Yang Mai has 50% to hit 1 extra, 25% to hit 2 12.5% to hit 3 etc.

Not to mention heroes like White Rabbit, Drake Fong, Dr Moreau who deal 270-280% to all 3 always.

Yang is not strong enough to be considered a sniper and not reliable enough to be considered aoe.

Just another abomination to express SGs love for red HotMs.

13 Likes

Here are my thoughts on Yang Mai :slightly_smiling_face:

13 Likes

It is disappointing to see the drop to 50%, but I still want her. The link is awesome, I hope I can get each color.

I think the place she will shine is the ninja tower as you can get her stacks high by the boss fight. In raids the stacks won’t be as useful as many matches will end before that happens. At 70% that would not have been true, but sadly they released a weakened version

5 Likes

I tried using her at 3.70 several times in friendly matches. The 50% additional hit rate is very low and should be considered to be almost non-existent. Even with a real coin toss, there is nothing like this. However, only the elemental link is wonderful.
I had saved some rings and 1,500 monk emblems for her, but I got Elizabeth in March and I’m glad spent everything on Elizabeth.

5 Likes

Her special doesn’t hit for much damage but it is KEY that she hits in order to build up her stack so that her tiles become deadly. The cut in the odds is 10% which looks small but is HUGE.

My thought has been that she will be great on maps and titans where she can build up her stack. It will be considerably harder to juice her attack stat with this change which is a shame, she appealed quite a bit, especially as my red titan team could use a real tile monster.

With her odds of additional hits at 60% PvP arenas looked like a stretch, at 50% it seems she won’t have time to build up a stack by the time the battle is over. She will still work with multiple healers in battles of attrition, especially if the extra damage boost kicks in from the timer.

Disappointed by this change. What may be worse: Not very surprised.
(If I felt outrage it would imply I still had hope)

8 Likes

I compare each Red Hero with My Noor, and I am always happy with All Red Heroes… :laughing: :rofl: :slightly_frowning_face:

6 Likes

Yep. She would be total OP if she hits as hard as Misandra or at 60% additional hits. That would probably be a candidate for nerfing again. That stack is so powerful that 60% chance of additional hits would immediately reach her max stack, possibly.

I don’t have Misandra, but is that how additional hits are to be understood? Nothing on her card mentioned that the odds of each subsequent additional hit is reduced by 50% further each time.

It isn’t each subsequent hit.

1st hit 100%
2nd hit 50%
3rd hit 50% IF the 2nd hit happened so 50% of 50% so 25% chance of there being a third hit
4th hit 50% IF the 2nd AND 3rd hits happened…

so as you fire her before any hits happen your odds are:
50% chance of a 2nd hit
25% chance of a 3rd hit
12.5% chance of 4th hit

8 Likes

Another sux hotm… what was the problem with her 60% chances?
Now i have 6 rings, but never will give to this hotm. Thx sg.

3 Likes

So, fully emblemed, Yang Mai will deal between 500-550 on the first hit, and the 4 subsequent hits will deal around 250 damage. And for the stacks, the damage will increase. She’s definitely a great hero. There’s more to it, than just on paper

6 Likes

Her chain of attacks was what made her interesting and good on offense… Nerfing those percents is a bummer. I won’t waste 6 rings on her now just to have a little Mana boost in mono team :confused:

Disappointed… SG now fears creating decent hotm it seems.

3 Likes

But the thing with these heroes is that they are unreliable. Compare her to Marjana or any other common sniper (Magni, Lianna, etc) and I just can’t see how she’s going to be useful in the long run.

I want my fast attacking heroes to kill off enemies I target, not randomly deal damage to a second hero 50% of the times.

And while the link is nice, she’s not really buffing anyone except herself. So I see no real synergies with other heroes.

I’ll stick to my two Marjana.c :joy:

2 Likes

They don’t fear it.

It is carefully calculated and calibrated. They know it isn’t as lucrative as the super special heroes with just a 1.0% chance of summoning one of a group.

1.3% for a specific hero is too high to really get the crazy summoning to happen.

That said, Yang Mai still can fill her role for titans and maps. Just not as well as before.
I couldn’t give her rings now, I don’t have any.

I don’t know why everybody is so focused on the abilities. I called it long before the rest of them hit Beta, the elemental link is so strong the abilities HAD to be mediocre. Turning fast heroes into vfast, average into fast, and even firing slow heroes at 9 tiles is really, REALLY strong.

Edit: Slow heroes require a level 5 mana troop to charge in 9 tiles. Still quite reasonable.

11 Likes

She is best of the best. Name is Chinese origin. Toxic. I just pulled $500 worth of gems but missed her.