đŸ•” Xnolphod – S4 Hero – 5* Dark / Purple: Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

OK let’s deescalate this. It does work in the real world and I just posted the video link. The question is what is the math solution? Is the actual mana boost 22%? Is a very slow hero 13.4 tiles (would not do it by itself but maybe contributes)? Or is there something we don’t understand?

Hopefully no one reports this as a bug because I am ascending Xnolphod partly for this little trick.

3 Likes

is the video from beta or live game

Pffft, math.

9 Likes

Live game (Xnolphod is low level vs in beta fully leveled)

and that is a level 29 mana troop on her. i need to make sure i have all the numbers

Thank you for this!
So lvl29 troop and 2% mana node right?

All things should be confirmed in game rather than just theoretically with math.

1 Like

even if it hasn’t been verified by SG itself, it’s been tested enough, and we need something to work with, so let’s take “very slow = 13.5 tiles” as given.

if the full mana bar is 100% charge, each tile gives a Very Slow hero 7.40740740
 % mana per tile without any mana bonus. at 9 tiles, that’s 66.6(repeating)% mana, which is obviously not enough with a 20% mana gain from Xnolphod to charge.

at a 15% mana bonus from a 29 or 30 mana troop plus the 2% mana node, Alfrike now gets 7.40740740
 * 1.17 = 8.6(repeating)% mana per tile, so at 9 tiles, she gets 78% mana.

the 17% mana buff also applies to the 20% mana gain from Xnolphod, so Alfrike would get 20% * 1.17 = 23.4% mana.

78 + 23.4 = 101.4, so it’s more than enough mana to fully charge Alfrike in 9 tiles plus Xnolphod’s special.

TL;DR: Alfrike can be charged in 9 tiles with a max mana bonus from troop, mana node from emblem, and mana broken Xnolphod.

3 Likes

ok if you are saying that the 20% gets the 17% bonus OK I get that and that would work. I dont think it should but that would work. Why in the world would they do that?

does Prof lindbrock have a mana troop or mana node active?

what other way would it work? that’s how it works for all the other stats and related special buffs. Gravemaker’s burn damage increases when emblems increase his attack stat or he gets higher troops. Rigard’s 42% healing is really 50.4% if the healed hero has a level 30 mana troop at 20% healing bonus.

so Xnolphod’s mana gain should be 23% if the ally has a max mana bonus troop of 15%.

1 Like

well does this work with S4 passive skills like Prof Lindenbrock getting 20% mana to start the fight does she really get 23.4% with a max troop and emblem node?

i don’t have Prof. Lidenbrock, but i imagine it would function the same way. unfortunately, because the mana bar doesn’t have numbers attached to it the way the health bar does, it’s hard to verify without taking screenshots and comparing pixels of mana.

maybe someone can please oblige and if they have two, use two Prof. Lidenbrocks, one with and one without a mana troop just to see how much mana the two Lidenbrocks start off with.

1 Like

I don’t have Lidenbrock, but have two Hannahs. Looks like you do get a bump on the 20% mana to me:

The one on the left has a lvl 27 mana troop. The one on the right has a crit troop.

8 Likes

@Rduke77 , yes
 I try to zoom pixel.

Here it is, left is up, and right is down.

Here is more zoomed.

13 Likes

Thanks everyone for the ground work. I’m loving this!

2 Likes

ok well i learned something new. I thought a 20% mana gain meant 20% of the base mana only, Since now we have some proof using S4 passive ability that they apply mana bonuses to that mana gain, then I retract my previous comments.

Some healthy debate and discussion brings enlightenment
Thanks to all who participated

4 Likes

So after all that have we decided if he is good or not? :disguised_face::nerd_face:

2 Likes

That’s an affirmative!

1 Like

And
I got Zenobia. FML this dude would fit perfectly on my team with Sif and Lepiota. Gonna keep trying for him.

Can you even give up during the enemy attack phase? I think it locks you to an infinite loop of them firing forever