WuKong MISS rate

I noticed recently that in a 3 tile hit, WuKong misses all of them from time to time! How is that 32% miss rate? At least one tile in 3 should not miss…sorry but this seems unfair!

That’s the nature of randomness.

2 Likes

Well then they should say it’s random not state a percentage

You have a 32% chance to miss per tile so, yes, you can miss 3 in a row. That is the nature of randomness.

1 Like

Thought it is per hit not per tile!

They recently changed it. It used to be random at every attempt, but now it is random during a time period. E.g. First 3 seconds all misses, following 7 seconds all hits. In long term it is the same, in short term it is annoying as 3 tiles can easily miss. During titan battles I decided to ignore it an I concentrate only on the game and a total result. Btw. This is not just WuKong’s ‘disadvantage’. It can also happen when you are under a blind effect (e.g from HuTao).

Where can I find confirmation about Wu Kong being time based lol

4 Likes

Need confirmation of this out of nowhere claim. lol

3 Likes

How did you figure this out?

Everyone complained about this at the same time some 3 months ago (just around time Tarlak was released). Then I started to closely watch it every time I was under this effect. I took paper and pen and noted every miss/hit. Soon I could see a patern and I could easily see the amount of misses versus hits was always correct during long period.

What???
If this is true, it’s completely wrong and a game-changer! I think I’m going to start recording some videos and take some notes.
Not saying it is a lie, just new information to me :eyes:

Yeah it’s “new information” I guess. I can provide further new information… Wu Kong is actually a purple hero :wink: the developers have us all fooled.

3 Likes

It has been a while since we’ve had one of these threads. SG must have nerfed their frequency of occurrence in one of the previous updates!

If you embrace the Gambler’s Stance when it works in your favor, you must also endure the times when it does not.

1 Like

Disappointed to hear :frowning:

As someone who is mostly f2p and not having that many great heroes, it’s disappointing this happened. I rely on this alot for story on season 1 and 2. This nerf was definitely recent as you become familiar with his miss rate and now its more frequent and even all 5 tiles miss constantly which rarely happened before

Unless this ‘new’ info comes direct from the dev team, and it would in release notes, I would be HIGHLY skeptical that it is now tied to every 10 hits or whatever…

Okay, so we know the stats for him (depending on what rank he is you get attack + xxx% and -xx% accuracy, but then it says ‘chance of miss of specials’.

WTAF is a ‘chance’? Because fromexperience of using him, it seems ‘chance’ is pretty much 99% of missing. I have had so many misses with other hero specials that it’s honestly making me wonder what the point is of wu kong to have as a hero other than a sick joke, trojan horse put in by the developers? His ‘chance’ whatever the number is, is far too high and he’s offset far too much to make him advantageous to anyone but the enemy to use him.

If ever there was a hero who’s stats needed adjusting and recalculating, then he is it. Also, why just ‘chance’ why not just tell us what the percentage is?

1 Like

It literally says on his card that it’s 32% chance of missing.

But it doesn’t add up! As the phrase goes “the misses just keep on coming”. Oh, wait, no they don,t, unless you’re playing wu kong?!

Fire him for tile damage, when you recharge the others. Even on tian I hit him last. Tile dmg is awesome with him, but the missing of own specials sucks. All in all he’s great for events and titans, less for raiding and defense. In this case he’ll often takes one or more full charges…