Wu on strike

So here I was, up against a red titan, with four blue heroes and, as usual, Wu. I had already noticed the last couple of months, that Wu’s gamblers stance seemed to result in significantly more misses than average (about double in fact) when playing boss levels and titans. Not all of the time, mind you, but way too often.

So here I was now, up against the red titan, really needing a good score. The tiles had not been favourable in the first attack, but in the next one everything changed. I got the chance to create a blue diamond pretty soon already, and by doing so, even more blue appeared on the board. I didn’t count them at the time, but it must have been between 8 and 10.

Here was my chance, I fed both Wu and Isarnia a large mana, activated a red flag and I fired. ALL but one missed! Then in the next turn a row of four blue tiles appeared and fired themselves: four more misses.

Now as I said before, I didn’t count the number of blue tiles when I fired the blue diamond, so to be safe I used the low estimate when I started calculating: the odds of missing 11 out of 12 tiles with a miss chance of 32% is about one in 23.500!! Now you might be thinking right now, “sure, but then again in two years of playing, there will be a very large amount of attacks with the gamblers stance active” and you’d be right.

However, the number of times that I was in a very promising situation and drove up the stakes this high by activating other stuff solely to make the best out of a very favourable situation, are not common at all! This was a truly rare occasion and that changes everything. Simply bad luck in the timing you say? No, we’re talking statistics right now, not luck. And this falls perfectly in line with the impression that I already had, that the higher the stakes, the greater the chance of misses with the gamblers stance.

I’m not sure what’s going on exactly, I just know that this is another notch on my “tired of this game” stick.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Wu Kong/Ranvir miss rate now over 90% (Wu Kong/Ranvir Venting Thread)