Wu Kong, what do you think of him?

On intermediate sure, but in advanced you find on top healers and fast snipers 5*/elemental debuffers.

That said, i agree that add some other “damage tactics” would be cool.

I have a question about Wu Kong. If i use Wu’s special skill and then boosted Azlar’s special skill and it hits the target, does it make an whole lasting stronger effect for six turns or is it just the “first” impact stronger?
Do you know what i mean? Sorry for my bad english here :slight_smile:

Only the first impact.

What, who is wu Kong, and how do I get it, him??

Wu kong is a normal 4* yellow hero. So you can get him from epic summon, event summon, yellow elemental summon, elite training, or legendary training.

Apina
Here’s a pic.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot…is he supposed to be the best 4* or something??

Read through the thread and you will learn. In short, Wu Kong is extremely valuable in hitting Titans - more valuable than any 4* and arguably more valuable than any 5*. His randomness can be annoying and frustrating anyway.

He is of only limited, debatable value for everything else in the game (farming, raids, events, war).

1 Like

I use him on my last and final War attack team - he joins 4 3/60 4* and I try and take out a 3500+ team - sometimes it works, other times it doesn’t (and when it doesn’t I at least leave some clean up for someone else) - so he’s useful, at times, fighting above your power level or for a ‘hail mary’ attack.

1 Like

I was excited to finally draw him again. Early on before I read about him I thought he was horrible and fed him to Hu Tao or Li Xiu (whoops). BUt I got him again so he will be leveled once Joon hits 70.

Not to jump into the party late, but the argument that your alliance mates getting Wu will HURT you is …not smart. Wu will allow you to overall do more titan damage, which means more higher level titans defeated overall than without him. This means more ascension items and higher loot tiers for everyone.

3 Likes

Another post that agrees with me while trying to disagree…
If you read smartly, you will understand that I was talking about relative progress not absolute progress.

Sure, if we hypotethically remove Wu’s ability from the game (replacing with a normal 4* ability - let’s say a %damage with armor debuff, which is still pretty good vs titans), everyone’s absolute progress would slow down, as average Titan levels would drop.
(That alone shows how imbalanced the hero is - do it with any other hero and the impact will not be this big).

On the other hand, the impact of this hypothetical change would affect more Wu players since their damage output would be brought down to “normal” levels. This would even out the relative progression gap that exists currently between Wu owners and non-Wu owners.

Note that I am not suggesting to simply replace Wu’s ability with a regular 4* ability. This is just an exercise to show how one single hero can affect the whole game dynamics.

You see those guys at the top of your alliance putting up insane amounts of damage on the Titan daily? You ever ask how they do it, and how you could ever hope to? Wu Kong. Wu Kong can turbo charge an offense dramatically.

1 Like

If Wu were something like a HotM, then I’d consider him worthy of nerfing for fairness’ sake for everyone without him. Since he’s one of the regular heroes, available to anyone for free with TC13 and a little luck, he’s just one of the features smart or experienced players can take advantage of.

I think there should be one or two other heroes of different color with the same ability. Like Tiburtus, Gormek and Grimm or Sonya and Caedmon.

1 Like

Especially a purple one. :slight_smile:

1 Like

WuKong is OP as heck, if anyone tells you any different they are a complete fool. How he has stayed ingame long as he has without being removed or drastically changed blows my mind. I recently acquired WuKong and went from a titan ranking of 10-20 average to top 5 overnight.

He stays how he is cause top tier alliances would not be as good as they think they are without him when it comes to Titans. Since he can be aquired in a TC13/20 with no effort i don’t ever see him changing anytime soon. Lets see a video of a top tier alliance dropping a 10* titan in 10 minutes or less without WuKong. :joy:

Is it just me and my temporary bad luck, or is it almost impossible to land a hit against titan with Merlin’s special skill when Wu Kong’s skill is active?

I have started to use Merlin/Wu kombo in titan wars and i’ve counted about 10 misses and ONE hit! What the ff… ? Tell me that this is only a very bad luck and a bad timing?

I have him, but don’t like using him; the chance for missing gets me too frustrated. He’s cost me more then he’s given. I would like to see the chance of missing effect removed at the cost of reducing his attack down to +50%, with +30% defense and +20% critical added.

Late reply to this old topic. I don’t have him, but I’ve found that I like seeing him when I raid or revenge. He’s easy to kill. That said, I wish I had him for my titan team – everyone seems to love him in that role.

A question. I finally got Wu Kong (after 11 months). I was wondering if (considering his propensity to miss) it would be better to run him in a rainbow team? I had been doing triple strong color with good results, but this seems like a big risk if he misses on the few times when damage tiles actually connect with a titan.