Wu Kong or Tarlak + Boldtusk

Great work @thrashina so what are your thoughts on this new HOTM??

Well this is a tricky one. - Letā€™s start the comparison:
Wu 707 attack 620 Def 992 HP ā†’ +185% Attack with -32% Accuracy for 5 turns.
Ran 768 attack 762 Def 1126 HP ā†’ +195% Attack with -35% Accuracy for 5 turns. AND 265% Dam to target, and +46% un-dispellable Dark Def for Yellow Heros.
But Ranvirā€™s Attack special only applies when you have less hp than your target.

It seems if you have a really strong team - he might not be that valuable for raids. But if say he is your strongest hero, he could be great to attack stronger teams.

35% is a very high miss rate.

He will be better than Wu against titans - since they ALWAYS have more HP than your guy - and if they donā€™t - it wonā€™t matter, it is as good as dead anyway.

Statistically the +185 Miss -32% is basically the same as +195% miss 35%. (ends up being about a 1.1% damage advantage on average with Ranvir).

I donā€™t have him yet, but I donā€™t like that his special only is active under catch up conditions. He is quite a bit less squishy but only has 134 more HP - probably canā€™t be one shot easily. His attack is just a nice bonus.

A pure 5 Star Wu would be too powerful. So I think they did a nice job with him.
If I ran an all yellow team - Iā€™d use Ranvir. Otherwise Iā€™ll stick with Wu. Still Ranvir for Titansā€¦
These are just my first thoughts and purely my opinion.

2 Likes

Hi @thrashina, it looks like youā€™re doing your analysis without factoring in the exponential from the damage equation. I think that may shift some of the conclusions a bit, since the damage boost is inside the exponential, while the miss percentage happens on the final result.

Hi @Garanwyn ranwyn
What exponential are you referring to? If Iā€™m not using the correct formulas Iā€™d live to learn what Iā€™m missingā€¦

The best information we currently have on how damage is calculated is this thread:

Thereā€™s evidence that SG may have made some changes to raid damage since the equation was worked out, but itā€™s the best model Iā€™m aware of.

1 Like

Thanks - I hadnā€™t seen that before!

1 Like

Youā€™re welcome! I really appreciate the fact that youā€™re bringing mathematical rigor to the Wu vs Tarlak discussion. Hopefully, this helps.

My camp 20 big 0.not gives too mi nothingā€¦monatah hero 0 complet game for mi is big 0!playng every day but nothing

Hallo,
ben nog nieuw hier en heb Wu kong en boldtusk maar betekent stapelen.
mvg