Wrong Gifting At Player Leveling

Reality is that it would be easy for them to give us a lot of things.

It’s kind of funny, when I complain about the low summoning odds or something, and other people reply “why should they give you something for free?”

Reality is that it would cost them very little to give every player the HotM ever month. Some people act like in-game items are the same as any other product that a company produced in a factory… like there’s some factory somewhere churning out Telluria and Vela cards, and there’s only a limited number they can give out… :roll_eyes:

It’s called artificial scarcity. Digital entertainment companies use it for a reason. Because without it, they wouldn’t be able to make as much money.

ahem

If you will indulge an old-timer’s story for reference… well okay, I’m not that old, but back in my day, we listened to music on cassette tapes or AM/FM radio. Before my day there was vinyl and 8-tracks. Etc., blah blah, not important.

Anyway. At some point in my “growing up years”, somebody invented the compact disc. I know, I know, nobody uses those anymore, grandpa, we stream everything now… I’m well aware. But getting back to my story…

Back when they first released compact discs, there were a lot of musical artists whose music I was a fan of. At the time, we didn’t have iTunes and uTubes and all the other tubes and such, so if you wanted to listen to the album, you had to buy it on CD. You’d go to a music store (an actual brick and mortar store, not something you browsed on the interwebz), and you’d give the merchant actual cash money in exchange for the CD.

Most of the popular CDs at the time cost about $15, which… back then, believe it or not, was actually quite a bit of money.

Found out later that it only cost the record companies about $1 to make each of those CDs. So they were charging us, the consumers, 15x the amount that it actually cost them to produce them.

Now granted, they also had to give a cut to the artists, producers, sound directors, managers, roadies, etc., so they weren’t actually pocketing the full 1500% profits, but still… they were definitely taking us consumers for a ride, and probably severely underpaying the actual artists themselves in the process. They could have easily sold us those music CDs for half the price and still turned a healthy profit. But they didn’t. Why? Because they knew there were plenty of suckers out there who were willing to pay $15 for that brand new album.

What does that have to do with E&P and the new era of selling digital products? Well. The only difference is, that now the “CDs” cost far less than $1 to create, and they’re charging far more than $15 apiece. And I’m guessing the original artists are still only getting a small share of the profits.

I know, I know. Most of you are probably rolling your eyes and saying “TL;DR”: or “what’s your point, old man?”

Well, if you didn’t get the point I was trying to convey after reading all of that, you probably never will. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Well, a really big point of the game many player like is the strategy, so why should SG remove one of this points?

I mean, football would also be much easier if every player has it’s own ball, let’s just see what the Fifa thinks about it?

Aside note, if one chooses to ignore or disagree with my above TL;DR rant about digital artificial scarcity price gouging (essentially the very core of what makes gacha games so profitable in the first place)…

Once a player realizes that leveling up only refills their current level of flags, one realizes that it is in their best interests to optimize their own personal flag usage before leveling up. Even if that means logging off until the next titan appears, and/or replaying season one: province 1 stages over and over again to fill their monster chests whilst actively avoiding leveling up at an inopportune time.

Hence a big part of the reason why I never understood the need that some players feel to “level up ASAP”. Aside from the tiny boosts in total world energy and hero roster slots, I don’t see the point. Unless you’re really chasing after that precious silver summon coin so that you can pull yourself another free 1* feeder? As for hero roster… if you haven’t done so yet, I highly recommend this:

Go to Gem Shop in game. Click on Resources tab. Scroll down to Hero Cap Increase.

3zy6dv

Can absolutely say without a doubt that this is one of the few gem purchases in game that is actually worth the price.

1 Like

To compare “giving flasks at hero levelling” or “giving everybody HOTM” is more far each other’s like the Solar system to the Andromeda galaxy.
HOTM’s (and many others, people wish) cost really money/gems.
Giving a WE, raid and titan flasks at the very rare hero levelling does not cost a penny for E&P. More but it would indicate their like their own gamers for totally free of charge.

All right, my friend. So if ever SG may apply this request, they shall take care you’ll not get this as you do not need it.

Following your thoughts, why any company may clean any of their mistakes if people like you are happy with it?

Filling up all the energies to the max independent of their actual status is a very unfriendly act. Weeks or months you work on developing yourself and you do a small mistake at the end and you got nothing as rewards. Because of why not FYS? :smile:

Giving flasks or enable a temporary overfilling the values is a zero-point-nothing act. Friends would do it in 1 minute, I think.
Friends, I mean.

Well, but in this case it is not SG who makes the mistake …

@ll2000sr OK, again.
I mean it must not have been made fully free of problems, a good programmer and a friendly company but would try to minimize their customer’s mistakes. Especially if it does not cost anything.
Some people will understand this, some not.
Have a good day!

APatok: SG, when players level up, give us all 3 distinct flasks instead refilling the energies.

SG: Uhhhmmmm. Nope. We will be happy to refill them instead. If you want flasks, buy them like what most players do. That way, we earn money to pay for maintaining the game and its improvements, as well as to pay devs and other personnel.