Would you mind if the devs lowered the titan rewards?

I think you may be ignoring the premise, which is:

SG wants to keep the flow of ascension items at its current level and not increase it.

If this is the case, would you be for or against reducing Titan loot and increasing non-Titan loot?

Edit: And why?

As posted by other before I donā€™t think anybody would be happy to get less rewards as we are already close to 0. We are killing daily 8* titans and normally first 9* after 5 8* titans. I have not seen a 4* ascending item since january. Fortunately video are rare quest are still providing them.

1 Like

Why lower what is already hard to get. Increase the loot for each grade not make it random.
Not all alliances can be top graded.
Make getting loot/heroes better not worse.

1 Like

Again, by your answer, you are ignoring the premise. I donā€™t understand why.

Let me put the question as plainly as I can:

Would you be happy for Titan rewards to be reduced if other rewards were increased to the same degree?

I donā€™t think I can express it any more simply than that.

English is not my natural language so maybe I miss something in your question. Why not provide same rewards on 11* as on 10* and let everything else unchanged? Who is concerned by 11*? Top 30? Top 50? Why affect most of players when 11* will concern 1000/1500 players?

3 Likes

And to answer your last question

Why should I be happy if balance remains unchanged? From my point of view SG has already reduced rewards since beginning of the year, maybe in preparation of incoming 11* titans but it makes several months Iā€™m not getting anymore good rewards on 8*.

1 Like

I think you are starting to understand now. The question is whether you would be happy for Titan rewards to be reduced if other rewards were increased to the same degree.

Your answer is to wonder why you should be happy if the balance remains unchanged. So you are saying that you want the balance to be changed.

Which suggests that you would not care if Titan rewards were reduced and other rewards were increased to the same degree, because your primary concern is balance.

Do I now understand you correctly!?

Hmmm. I really like your out of the box thinking. Good idea.

But I will disagree. I would have thought it was a good idea before AW. AW means you need a lot of heroes, and I feel the wait on new players is too long. Prior to AW I was really only concerned with less than 10 heroes. Now I am dealing with 30.

I have been playing for I think 11 months. I feel that is a bit too long to be at my level. High level ascension materials are what holds most played back IMHO.

There is a boring period around 3500-3800 team power. I would think it is a good idea to speed players through this a little more and get them to having a largish pool of maxed heroes.

This is where I feel the fun of the game kicks in. I love this game, and want more players to also so SG keeps making money and keeps supporing the game with updates, challenges, new heroes, etc.

2 Likes

Good point Brown. I did not read close enough. I would not mind the change, but I still feel rewards should be increased. I feel it makes sense to SG and to players

Really good point Alex

I guess SG didnā€™t care about what I want :slight_smile: (I ask for more filters in heroes mangement and they simply ignore my suggestions, and it is not a big job. But when you have 160 heroes, not beeing able to filter them during ascencion work is a pain)

Youā€™re correct, I would like better rewards in Titans (and in AW, the worst rewards in the game) but I know this can affect SG balance and they are not inclined to that.

What I donā€™t want is to get less than today.

If I feel that balance remains unchanged I donā€™t see reasons to be unhappy. But thatā€™s a feeling. They are so many people complaining about titan rewards in alliance and more generally in global forum that I donā€™t think reducing more rewards would be a good incitive for them to continue fighting titans.

To give you a complete picture I am level 46, playing for arround 330/340 days. I have 54 4* and 10 5*. Only 13 of them are fully ascended and I have everything to ascend 3 of my 5*, one is already fully ascended. IĀ“m missing everything to move forward. I donā€™t want less 3/4* ascending items.

Unless that are going to significantly increase nonfarmable ascension mats in AW loot, monster/raid chests and MV, then no I donā€™t want them lowering titan loot. Right now killing high star titans is the single best place to get nonfarmable mats (aside from rare quests and completion for challenge events where it is stated beforehand what you will get) and Iā€™d rather not have that change.

3 Likes

Okay, but again: I donā€™t think that is what is at issue. No one is suggesting that you should get less than today. The question is how you would feel if you got the same as today, but if less was from Titans and more was from other ways of collecting materials.

I think you are saying that you would not care about that. Am I right or wrong? (And why?)

Yes, @Chuck, significantly increasing nonfarmable ascension items from all those other sources - to the exact degree that Titan loot is reduced - is precisely the offer on the table.

How would you feel about it? (And why?)

@Brobb as a player I would not care about that. As an alliance leader Iā€™m concerned by titans and AW loots. We are stucked on 9* for 4 months now. Our routine was 5 8* then a failed 9*. Since two months itā€™s 5 8* then 1 9* killed then a fail on second 9*. As a result some of our stronger team member left the alliance for top 100 alliances with the expectation of getting better loot in those alliances. And my concern is that Iā€™m not certain that team will continue fighting 8/9* titans if it is for nothing / bleeding to top 100 will increase. I donā€™t want another AW / needle in the foot.

3 Likes

Before we get to the sky is falling scenario, there may just be something broken with Titan loot right now.

A few players including myself have sent in screen shots of things that look flatly wrong based both on historical precedent and any game design principle but just to give a sample:

1. A on 7* LT IX: 3 ascension rolls
  2. C on 9* LT IX: 2 ascension rolls
  3. C on 10* LT X: 3 ascension rolls
  4. A+ on 9* LT XII: 2 ascension rolls

This is not a reduction of Titan loot to account for the progression budget, nor is this my theory that Titan loot was changed to make performance actually matter (going back to 1.4 or earlier), nor is this even an anti-merc change that has been floated in the community: this is just broken as the dataset makes absolutely no sense when we add in that 4th scenario.

I am hoping for a response tomorrow but I will be stunned and amazed if they come back and say ā€œnothing is wrongā€ as this is loot allocation by Oujia board.

As an aside they once promised us better patch notes and there were a whole slew of changes some good and some, like this one, which frankly needed more testing apparently.

Not the fault of the beta testers either if they donā€™t tell there are changes that could use some sanity checking.

8 Likes

Thank you very much!
I am looking forward to the reply.

Yes, I would mind. A lot.

1 Like

The reason I asked is because Iā€™ve seen others others on the forum apparently worrying about the decreasing titan loot.
While the title wasnā€™t clear (my fault), I thought the first post explained it well enough.

My answer will be ā€œSIMPLY NO REASON TO KEEP PLAYING THE GAMEā€.

I have never been this annoyed with the game. 17 titan kills and not a single useful ascend mats. Some loots donā€™t even reward any gems nor trainers. I have played since July and only got 4 telescopes and now they even nerf loots further? So they can sell 1 sturdy shield, 1 battle manual, and 1 leather armor for 500 gems? Iā€™m level 40 and I cant event level up a single 5* hero unless I buy mats. ridiculous!

Before they bring in more features etc to the game, I would PREFER devs fix on game issues. Every time they have new updates, they broke something. Shake my head.

2 Likes