Would you max Horghall?

Definitely. Even Anchor gave solid grades to his costume. And I put Brynhild next to him, pretty much deadly duo. He becomes fast that way. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Now that you mention it, I should consider a core green team of Mother North/Brynhild/costumed Horghall… think that would work fine? A bit passive, so I’d need to supplement with some snipers though.

1 Like

This is perhaps a slight exaggeration… You’ve got to get Brynhild to fire first (at fast) to buff his regen rate.
By definition, he’s not very often charged at the same time as Brynhild (fast) so he’s still slower than “Fast”.

In terms of how quickly you have them ready to fire (especially in raids), he’s still sub-fast in an important sense.

3 Likes

I guess it’s my play style, partly because I haven’t got any snipers for a long time. So, my battles last, enough time for Bryn and Horghall to fire 2-3-4 times. After that first charge, Horghall needed like 9 tiles to fire. Important thing is, when he fires, because of -54% attack, it’s just a matter of time when you will win. Game of endurance. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s a fair comment and I was nitpicking a little for the sake of illustration.

It’s an important distinction - along the same lines, Woolerton is only fast once (unless you have very specific rare/expensive teammates).

1 Like

Costume horghall can be very useful for VF war even with 11 mana troop.,. As always it depends on the synergy between heroes and your skills at finding those heroes that are synergetically capable of bringing horghall costume into play… With costume -54 attack for 6 turns if I remember correctly. Of course there’s way better nature heroes that would come before horghall… But if you have enough mats to ascend and have some left over for your next good nature pull… I would go for it… And again it depends on your roster and your style of play which is becoming increasingly VF or F heroes… So that’s my 2 cent’s worth. Hope you make the right choice for your game. GD luck in war and may you pull Frigg or bertila. :+1:t3::slightly_smiling_face::crossed_fingers:t3:

I definitely wouldn’t, and yes I know he has super high HP, but he gets burned down fairly quick with incomparable defense stat.
Save your tonics, even if you have 20+

1 Like

I’d never ascend Horghall. He’s just a 5* Skittleskull.

im maxing my 2cond horgall. he’s good if you have the costume. -54% atk x 6 turns is just to good

1 Like

He is really worth ascending now if you don’t have anyone else. His recent buff has made him quite decent. I got my ■■■ kicked by regular horghall…twice.

1 Like

Why do you up this thread? I have maxed Horghall long ago.

Please close this one.

Saves me opening a thread now that he has had a buff :grin:

I have materials to max him and was wondering if it was worth it now too.

My summon luck has been so poor I’m looking to max out what I have

Go ahead bro. Hes really useful for a limited roster(no Heimdall or Telluria, or any other slow/avg speed green hero) in a rush format. I dont regret maxing him. Though i had plenty of tonics when i did.

1 Like

I’m vc2p, and reconsidered maxing him too.

Even though I have plenty of mats, I wouldn’t have any emblems for him. So for me, that factor decided it: little to no emblems = hard pass

Mine wont be maxed ever. I have 5 unleveled Liannas (i have the costume) and 2 unleveled Bertilas, they are all better than Horghall so poor Groot wont get any tonics.

Late to the party but I love Horghall. He always seems to stick in there when his allies drop. I just won a battle where it was 3 against 1, and he just hung in there and made the comback. That scenario has played out a bunch of times in the past for me. Haven’t used aethers on him yet but he is level 85, lvl 20 druid.

1 Like

Any costume bonuses? I have always had a better green to level than Horghall, but especially with super minions for S1s, I’ve always thought he had the potential to be a tough out.

I actually don’t even have any costumes for him after all this time! (3.5 years of playing).

2 Likes

In some ways, that’s even cooler that you find base Horghall useful. I like to find a niche for every hero I have. Keep rockin’ it with Groot!

2 Likes

Hard to max him when I have Myoin-ni and Staintongue unascended waiting for Damasci … Which is sad because I have both his costumes (first from chamber, second from HA) and his second one looks so damn cool.