Worst Update Empires and Puzzles has released v30 #nospend

I do just enough to amuse myself but not enough to incite the moderator cheekiness. I like sitting at the border of taste. Kinda like the Taco Bell just outside the red light district.

1 Like

Amazing for a useless building. Moreover such spender already have almost all old HOTM.

You’re right, people here should contact there friends in the games and difund on global chat / line / whatever else they use the message.
Today they are arround 19 alliances that inclue #nospend in their alliance name. That’s no going to work.

I have contacted arround 10/15 french alliances leaders. They are not convinced at all, apart things move. If it is not coordinated that will be forgotten in 15 days. @Anchor, that’s could be a good initiative but it need to be lead and difunded. What are your suggestions? 7dd is a big alliance for many time now, it can be a good reference to drive #nospend action.

1 Like

Now that the duplicate issue haven’t been fixed, (maybe will be down the road…) And we now are having double or 3 times as many heroes in game, than when I started playing the game, I think it would be a good start to extend the free hero cap accordingly.
One of my biggest frustrations in game is first paying for summoning not getting the 5* hero I was hoping to get. Afterwards I in next best case, have to pay for hero cap increase to at least save 1-2 copies of new 3* or 4* heroes just to get some out of it , not to spend 25- 100$ only for feeders.
I know that issue is a lot bigger earlier in game.
Several months in my 3 years of playing the roster cap have been my main reason for not summoning 10x, if not having a hero worth giving 2600 gems feeders and not having room for saving new 3* heroes most likely to get.

4 Likes

No, you’re right, I didn’t. Why would I? Obviously he has a very little concern about what I think since I didn’t waste enough money on this game yet. :money_mouth_face:

1 Like

Only replying because I was tagged here. But I think the first comment below yours already answered your question quite succinctly for me.

Wearing thinner by the day.

SG wants $$$.
I want fun.
Forum wants ???.

I know where I stand.
I don’t know where everyone else stands.
But it doesn’t seem like the majority are standing on my side.

So.

Thank you @DeusNoctum for asking for my input. But it’s becoming increasingly more and more obvious that my input is not valued here. So.

4 Likes

@Anchor @Mateusmaps (Community letter to make a better Empires & Puzzles)

I think you are bringing up key points that E&P community respond very strongly to. And it’s clear that you are certain members that have EARNED influence.

However, for that influence to matter… strategy is needed to trigger real change.

So here are some thought starters to add kindle to the spark.

1. Have One Clear winnable goal:

Change will start with opening a dialogue…

• There are so many issues that could be improved, too many that forum members get sidetracked into side arguments of changing this or that. But the biggest issue is a lack of 2-way communication which ultimately kills any hope for change.

• So a boycott goal should be with an agreed upon means of communication between the top stakeholder and community members — the first WINNABLE GOAL should be setting up dialogue between SGG and an organized base of alliances.

2.Organize representation

• Whether it’s Line, Discord or Facebook- alliance leaders need to organize together to increase the leverage of influence.

• Line would be good for more fluid, quick comms between alliance members.

3. Build on a public platform

• This forum is too insular and not visible to the wider user base and to the public.

• A Facebook group united under one hashtag, with visibility to the wider public would be a more powerful platform to snowball this from a group of alliances to the larger community.

4.Know when to strike, make it timely, and focus on a clear response as a result

• Pick specific dates to allow time for word to spread and gain momentum…
  • and agree on the action to take… whether it’s spamming their user tickets, boycotting an event with nospend, or whatever the creative action to take…
  • use it to get the stakeholders attention.
Summary

Starting a Boycott | Ethical Consumer

5. Make it civil

• you gents already have shown a good civil and respectful tone and approach… and the community can follow that lead

• SGG aren’t villains. They are a for profit company that has created a product that we all love (so let’s give them some respect to those more toxic forum members.) But it is clear that there are issues that need addressing, and they seem to need incentive to better engage and communicate with their community.

• hitting them in the wallet won’t be as effective as hurting their reputation, but it can get their attention since the real leverage is organization of community and influence to make them realize that it’s time to engage dialogue.

In a nutshell

• forum members squabbling over minutiae on the dozens of changes they want is a waste of time. But there will be key changes that a majority will agree upon.

• The key win is setting up a line of communication with an organized community, so the community as a whole can become an influential stakeholder to E+P.

• In order to that ~ the most influential alliance leaders need to rally together under a focused strategy with a winnable goal.

——
Note: I am not anti-SGG. (I’m fact I have been happy to spend money on this game.) I want SGG to be profitable and long lasting, and that relies on engaging and growing a community of users.

Summary

The Most Successful Brands Focus on Users — Not Buyers

6 Likes

How so?

20wtfs…

2 Likes

There are still some who value your thoughts. Very much.

Thinking, dialogue, different points of view all lead us to solutions. Humor and wit make us smile. All part of community.

All part of @TGW. Namaste.

:heart::smiley_cat:

2 Likes

My basic stance is that. The game is fun. The game would be more fun if people had better chances to summon better heroes. Instead of grinding for years for a few paltry tokens with a 1. whatever percent chance to summon ancient 5* heroes that all the big spenders already have.

I’ve spent money. Not a ton of money, obviously no where close to the thousands that many here have spent. And I have no intentions of ever spending that amount of money on any single game, ever. Because I think that’s completely absurd. So I’m not spending any more on this game, period.

I’ve played for almost 2 years. Not “hardcore”, okay so I don’t play 24 hours a day, I don’t finish 2 monster and raid chests every day, etc. I can’t always complete all of the legendary level events. But I do some of them here and there, collect my free tokens, summon my 3* feeder heroes. Yay. Come here and complain that it’s ■■■■■■■■, that after all this time, I’m still pulling 3* feeders from every single portal. It’s ■■■■■■■■! I scream that from the mountaintops. Would it really be so terrible to throw some freaking old HotMs or season two heroes into my TC20? Or something? Seriously… anything…

Forum replies to my posts: “I spended hundreds of dollars for those heroes, why should you get them for free?”

:man_facepalming:

Okay so I’m just supposed to keep a stupid smile on my face while I keep pulling season one feeders from every portal, and I’m not allowed to complain, because I haven’t spent enough? That’s pretty much the impression I get. I’m supposed to be excited by a 1.3% chance? I’m sorry if that doesn’t exactly jingle my bells. I’m sorry if I think it’s utter ■■■■■■■■. Those who want to say “this is great! It’s so awesome for F2P! Look, everyone! Banes and Dawas for all! This is the greatest time to be alive!” No I’m sorry but I don’t think so.

15 Likes

You are VERY wrong my friend… Your input is valued to people who KNOW exactly and agree with what you are saying. :wink: :+1: So get a stronger rope and stay here where you belong.

4 Likes

464yhs

Thank you, buddy. :wink:

6 Likes

I for one value your opinions. I believe they come from an intelligent cynicism, or what I call realism. You’re not trolling and a voice of dissent that doesn’t come from a place of anger is a valuable stance to have. Keep doing what you’re doing. Just because you’re not happy about eating $&!@ doesn’t mean you’re wrong.

4 Likes

I do also feel the asian market is playing on SGs mind…There will be more money than ever before flowing into this game. There is no doubt in my mind that is why the new things listed are set for Q4 release.

2 Likes

Gambling act 2005 United States

@TGW im a fan. I enjoy reading your posts. Keep em up

1 Like

Probably shouldn’t be responding but I’m 2.5 years F2P. Hero Academy is better than I expected. I think I’ll probably actually manage to get a red 5* that isn’t slow or Sartana or a yellow Mana troop or any less common 5* (only have 4 non-vanilla 5*)! I’m prioritizing HA level 10 above everything else now.
On another note alchemy lab is much better. I think I may use it constantly. Great update to me.

You and me and all other non spenders will probably be the first ones to be shafted if this goes belly up :rofl:

I am Thai and playing from Thailand. I am not sure that Asian market will response well. Japanese, Korean, Chinese, they all have good on-line game available in the region. E&P penetration to Asian market is very limited.

Language is also a problem, although Korean, Japanese, Chinese, Arabic is available but there are many more languages that are not supported, Hindi, Thai, Vietnamese… etc. And I do not think that SG is interested in those either.

When I see the alliance leader board, I hardly see Asian names on it…

6 Likes

I am 1.5 years F2P, HA will help me get green 5* not named Elkanen. My odds will be 16% (5% Lianna, 5% Kadilen, 5% Horghal, & 1% non-S1 green).

That is going to be harder, your odds is just 6% (5% Marjana + 1% non-S1 red).

That being said, HA is worse than I expected simply because there is no 3*/4* retraining with chance for non-S1 3*/4*. I would also like my non-S1 do not result in S1 when retrained. Non-S1 is already hard enough to get for F2P and getting one that is bad without a way to change them into another guaranteed non-S1 is disheartening. (I’m still waiting for SG to fulfill their promise that HA will be F2P friendly @ScottySG @mhalttu)

3 Likes

I kinda agree with you. I’ve never been a huge spender on the game. I’ve spent some money but not like an addict or gambler; and I’m enjoying this game and happy with what I’ve got by now. Also, other than the gaming itself, in our alliance, we do talking about day to day life and we really enjoy the time together.

I don’t think adding or removing a building (or any other feature) can make me change my attitude towards the game the way I described. I continue playing the way it is. If some day I see that this game doesn’t give me a happy time like before, or it’s getting more important than any other important thing in my life, I’ll simply quit.

All we want from a game my friends, is entertainment, and daily enjoyment. When it becomes “more than just a game” for a person, and makes him/her rage or get angry or whatever, then gaming is TOXIC for that person’s life and it’s better for him/her to quit and do not play any other games forever, if they don’t want to ruin their life or their family.

3 Likes