Worst Hero you leveled up and then came to regret

I don’t regret it, necessarily, because he was all I had at the time, but I maxed Khagan and I want my $h!+ back.

Khagan was my first ever 5*. Luckily it took me forever to get rings. So I had better choices then. But I was so excited when I pulled him and would’ve fully leveled him at the time. I now just hate having him at 3-70. And recently pulled another Khagan. Who will go into hero academy very soon.

2 Likes

Aegir /o\ i don’t like him, but he was my first 5* Hero

Mok-Arr. Even with his buff, my problem was never that he did some minor damage to allies but that he does zero damage to purple heroes. This makes him effectively unusable because there’s very little defences that don’t have a purple hero in their lineup and you just always end up using another hero instead.

1 Like

I only have Mokky at 3.70, but still use him with success in some raids and occasionally in wars.

I understand your concern about not damaging oppo purples. The strategy I use is in a mono with Rigs, Tibs, Sartana and Kage. I target their purple with Tibs, and finish off with Kage, Mokky is then doing damage to all oppo and Sartana taking out any suitable target.

This usually makes a big enough hole to ghost tiles to charge up Mokky again then he proceeds to kill anyone left.

Rig’s att up and Tib’s oppo Def down make Mokky a power hitter. Give this strategy a shot and hopefully you can find Mokky better than you think. :+1:

2 Likes

Agreed. His special is super useful in both events and raids. Will become even more useful against ninjas.

Against titans the special is even more useful.

With a level 17 troop he is now essentially a fast speed which is the one thing he was lacking in baseline form.

1 Like

My personal experience is that Grimble is very useful in a purple stack against Tell, especially if you have a slow purple to charge up with his special. He is even better if there are multiple minion summoners or in the undead minion war.

1 Like

Have you tried her in a titan stack? She has super high attack, and the ghost form will probably buy you a few turns. If she is last one standing you could even just run on her for a few turns for free at the end if her special is up

1 Like

At the beginning I thought I wouldn’t use him, but i love going with him against Freya, Bera, Telluria and Noor. Just let them release the minions and then Grimble.

I agree with some of the posts here that it is generally pretty hard to fully regret ascending a hero, as even though you may not use them now you would have probably used them at the time. I do have a few exceptions to that rule:

• Justice - at the time I got her and used her as tank I was already in diamond and she wasn’t helping me to stay there. In offense she was completely lackluster and was soon replaced. I think with emblems she could be decent but I had too many paladins to spare them for her

• Azlar - I got him and ascended him when I already had a max emblem Colen. Emblemed Colen was superior to unemblemed Azlar (although slightly squishier) and I couldn’t spare the emblems to make Azlar incrementally better than Colen. So apart form a few war outings in red team #2, he has never had a run

• Danza - he has never done anything good for me. Snowflakes left, right and center. And on occasion the swords - which were so much less impressive on offense? Removed him as soon as I could

Apart from Danza, I think the key is timing - almost all heroes can be useful, unless you ascend them at a point in your progression where you have better alternatives or you have progressed beyond those heroes.

Almost every other hero I can think of that I don’t currently use I did get some use out of initially, like Leo. Underwhelming unemblemed but he served a purpose at the time.

I am slightly surprised not to see Noor mentioned here, given the universal hatred of her. Maybe that is because not many people ended up ascending her in the first place

My win rate against Tel teams is very high with him and his purple stack. I would often let Tel fire first just so that I can use his special to power up C Quintus, which when combined with C RIg, Tiburkiss and Grimble would put the opponent in an unrecoverable position.

In the undead minion war he fired with 5 undead minions and 5 tel minions on the ground, and that charged everyone up somewhere around 80%. Not to mention depending on the scenario the hit itself is worth 200 + (0-1200) ON EACH HERO

1 Like

For me it was Ares. Maybe he worked well for others, but I was always underwhelmed.

In my case, I don’t have any regret as I got 5* heroes very late and I max them as soon as I got one.
Obviously, there are heroes that I use more than the rest, but each of them has his purpose.

2 Likes

I like the efforts being made in developing content that makes you look at using more of your roster or using your roster in different ways - ninja tower, class quests, tol, war modes etc. It increases the chances of finding uses for more of your heroes and therefore feeling better about having them

6 Likes

Taking you slightly out of context, but I fully agree. SG release EVERY hero to fill some niche or role within the game. That some are treated as Gods, while others are dismissed as crap, DOESN’T mean they are unusable or shouldn’t be ascended, imo.

We’re back to our comments about players having their own mind and using the cards they’re dealt :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Which sounds a lot like SG has realised it’s own creations are being deemed irrelevant by the player base. Encouraging players to max AND use S1/S2 (so called) rubbish cards, can only serve to help the game longer term. And improve the players overall experience of the game :+1:

So far, I’d say Skittleskull is the only hero I have that I didn’t find much enjoyment in putting resources/time into. Even with the costume (that I’m only leveling a bit for the bonus) is lacking and not much of an incentive to use him much. The only time I might have used him was trials where I’m limited in sorcerers and that’s majorly because the game isn’t giving me very many offensive wizards or sorcerers to work with (at the time).

I mostly engaged with the community a lot to avoid maxing Skittleskull or Kelile. Unlike Skittleskull, though, I actually thought Kelile was neat at start. Personally would love if her base got a buff in some way. Haven’t dumped her for that reason alone.

I am pretty sure Skittle is a lady. She may have been sabotaging you all this time because she is harboring a grudge for regendering her

1 Like

in my defense, majority of the other female heroes have details that make it obvious they’re a female hero. Even the ones that aren’t necessarily human, like Ursena. Other than people mentioning her title as a witch being translated with the common feminine spellings within other languages (i.e. bruja in Spanish), I still can’t see anything else on her that screams female hero.

+1 if they did this intentionally because she looks very androgynous compared to the other goblins in the game (Carver, Needler, Zocc apparently?).

I think we should make a difference between heroes that WENT useless in time because of roster improvement, and heroes that were underwhelming from the word go.

Im my case I only can think of Vivica for the latter category.

I always wanted her, and got her after 1 1/2 years of playing, but she has not been very helpful to me other than being my first yellow healer, however, Rigard has proven to be way more useful than her.

Gave her the darts trying to give her more suvability, but it didn’t help much, wish I had left her at 3/70.