Worst 5* hero in the game

Quintus is a king of speed raid tournament.
Margaret could be the worst against snipers. You can always shoot the other two without her dodge. She badly need a buff. Fast mana with a dodge for 5 for 4 turns seems okay.
Anyway, her attack stat is very high. A must for stacking!

Leonidas. Iā€™m happy every time I see him on a defensive team. Heā€™s too slow and his special doesnā€™t do a lot of damage.

Honorable mentions go to Obakan, Quintus, Margaret, Musashi, and Thoth Amun.

Having said that, every hero seems to have their niche.

Leonidas is a great offensive hero, in particular, when only few enemies are left. He can singlehandedly defeat two or even three opponents thanks to his special.

True, heā€™s not a big danger in defense but can be a real pain in alliance wars with field aid. If not enough damage dealers are left, it can be impossible to bring down a Leo in corner position (same is true for Morgan Le Fay btw)

2 Likes

I know what he can do and also know his limitations. Quintus is the only slow hero that has no extra effect apart from dealing damage. Compare him to Isarnia. She deals almost as much damage due to her very high attack stat but has a devastating extra effect.
This is why the other hard hitting slow AoE heroes like Isarnia and Azlar are far better than Quintus.

Yes, Thorne also has no extra effects but at least he is medium speed + he hits pretty hard at one opponent. If there are no other options, heā€™s also a solid tank. Quintus is rather bad in every aspect of the game apart from those mana rush weekly tournaments (where I prefer every other AoE hero to Quintus due to the extra effects)

2 Likes

As for the comparison with Isarnia and Azlar, you are right, but the point is that it is still better than Thorne. As for these two ā€œmediocreā€ heroes, it is only about their amount of damage, and Quintus far exceeds Thorn by making his difference in mana speed almost irrelevant (average mana is not much better than slow in any case ). Another issue is that the possible combination of Quintus with other enhancing heroes such as Wu kong, Wilbur, Kiril, Boldtusk, or Tiburtus (to name a few examples) once again give Quintus the victory over Thorn. Well, thatā€™s just my opinion. Greetings.

Thatā€™s Atomos!

The only hero you need an entire family to justify using mats on him for a mere +%5 defense boost to the others (because he will still suck)

Even at very fast tourneys, Atomos mana based hits are ridiculous.

I canā€™t stant him. Waste of an awesome card Art on a horrible Season 2 Legendary hero.

5 Likes

Thorne can work with any of those heroes too, since heā€™s the same speed as them, and in fact Thorne is the same color as Kiril and Grimm which are easy to get. Quintus has Tiburtus but no attack buffer in his color unless you have Khiona, who isnā€™t a common hero.

It should go without saying but charging heroes of different colors and speeds isnā€™t easy on offense, lest you get a great board.

Sidenote: I do have Tiburtus, Khiona, and Quintus, it works like a charm :heart:

But anyways, hereā€™s a comparison of Quintus and Thorne in stats (highlighted the numbers that make a difference):

Quintus: :crossed_swords: 747, :shield: 636, :heart: 1380
Thunder Ultimatum (slow): Deals 270% damage to all enemies
747 x 2.7 = 2,016.9 before any modifiers and defense

Thorne: :crossed_swords: 638, :shield: 793, :heart: 1339
Icecold Finisher (avg): Deals 480% damage to the target and minor damage (i.e. half) to nearby enemies
638 x 4.8 = 3,062.4 before any modifiers and defense

If what you prefer is spread damage on all enemies, then Quintus it is. If what you prefer is a single more powerful and focused strike, Thorne it is.

If theyā€™re your only choices then Iā€™d say that they arenā€™t really bad though. They both have high damage output with their skills. Thorne is significantly more durable though, whereas Quintus has higher tile damage.

They are overshadowed by M. Lepus and Ursena though, who are both basically better versions of Thorne and Quintus respectively (similar/better and faster skills).

EDIT: To answer OPs question, I think G. Owl is probably the worst 5* hero. Heā€™s a tough boss for his quest, but heā€™s clearly designed with that in mind first, and everything else was the afterthought.

V. slow speed makes him hard to charge, and even though heā€™s well built his skill isnā€™t a threat at all unless his allies are KOā€™d. Which is bad design for the way raid defense works, he canā€™t work the tank position well because of that and he probably wonā€™t fire in the wing without support, and even then his attack is too low to hurt without having allies gone. Itā€™s just difficult to work with his skill.

Requiring allies to be KOā€™d for maximum damage is even worse design for titans. Oh yeah, and he has the worst attack stat out of all yellow 5* and 4* (lol seriously, itā€™s lower than Chaoā€™s and thatā€™s pathetic) heroes, which makes his offensive skill difficult to use to begin with. So low attack means heā€™s not even good against titans at all.

4 Likes

For the classic AoE 5* I would rank them from best to worst being: Azlar, Isarnia, Justice, Groot, Quintus. This is with them hitting alone. Not combining with a defense down or anything else. Azlar just destroys with his hit and the DoT is horrible if not dispelled. Isarnia hits very hard and has a secondary effect(though I now love to see her in raids as I use Mitsuko to let her destroy herself). Justice doesnā€™t hit super hard but the blind is as good as Joon but for all enemies. Groot hits OK but nothing special. Quintus has nothing secondary and isnā€™t very scary. That said, any of these can take you down if they are paired with the right allies.

3 Likes

Youā€™re right, itā€™s a matter of tastes and preferences. I have all the purple 5 * regular heroes, and one of my favorites is Quintus despite its low popularity.

Margaret, while a fun hero and with an awesome attack stat, takes the cake for me. Sheā€™s just so limited in use and while there are plenty of videos showing how you can ā€˜get cuteā€™ with her and she can really shine, sheā€™s just not useful in most facets of the game, at least how I play the game.

1 Like

You really prefer Quintus over Sartana and Domitia? I can see maybe Obakan but not the lovely ladies.
I am not saying he isnā€™t useful and I really love the card art but if you had to put together a rainbow team of classic 5* heroā€™s would you use Quintus over the other purple choices? Assuming this was just for regular defense, not any special war or raid tournament rules?

1 Like

After a few weeks with my Atomos, hereā€™s my rating :
1 = may as well use average 4 star , 5 = Best

Raids Off: 1/5
Raid Def: 1/5
Titans: 1/5
War Off : 1/5

Heā€™s even slow for auto-farming and has slow animation. Revive gets dispelled or dies trying

I vote him the worst 5* because he has no use and is annoying. This guy found a use for him::joy:

4 Likes

Yes, I already have too many snipers and they personally bore me. So yes, a hero who hurts everyone doesnā€™t hurt me at all.

That is idiotic. I have Magni but I just got Richard and even though Magni is already maxed I wouldnā€™t have fed Richard away. He could work in wars and perhaps even be replaced in the hero academy. I have fought Atomos and he isnā€™t a pushover. The boss version of him is very hard and I think if nothing else he could be kept for a possible buff.
Of course looking at the other heroā€™s they ate, I think Lianna is a priority which I understand as I still need a 5* green and hope she appears from one of my TC20.

1 Like

From what I am encountering in Raids (Platinum arena), it would be Quintus + Thorne. If I lose to teams with those two (and keep in mind I have only single maxed out 5*), it is mostly because of other heroes. Rigard, BT, Sabina, even Colen are more of a threat than these two, especially if emblemed.

About Isarnia and Azlar, they may be slow, but if they do fire itā€™s almost loss unless Rigardā€™s special is queued afterwards.

1 Like

Mostly agree, although I prefer Isarnia to Azlar overall.

Her - 44 % defense down is devastating and scares me even more than Azlarā€™s burn (which is already brutal if you canā€™t get rid of it soon). Also, Isarnia is awesome against titans while Azlar only has a great tile damage but a rather useless extra effect in titan battles.

If you donā€™t have Athena (and I guess most players havenā€™t), Isarnia is one of the best TC20 titan heroes and along with Azlar one of the best slow AoE heroes overall.

@Obsidian youā€™re entitled to your opinion no need to say that it was idiotic.

Letā€™s just say we have different reasons for eating atomos or keeping Richard.

For me, Atomos is just a lump of green crap.

Hereā€™s a couple more green craps.

1 Like

Big deal I could also eat my 5 Evelyns and still have others also

2 Likes

Heroes I wouldnā€™t spend mats on and rather wait for alternatives:
Obakan, Atomos, Horghal, Thorne, Owl, Perseus, Gregorion, Khagan
I donā€™t have any of these and hope to not get them :lol:
The vote for worst goes to Atomos, heā€™s the least threatening opponent of those guys.

1 Like

Agwe without a doubt

1 Like