Wormwood raids - Shutting down a defense with Hansel & Merlin

I was bringing up Guin specifically, but there are more heroes with specials that are not a true attack like Sartana who make me wonder how they hit “mindlessly”. Does Guin take mana from allies?

Mindless attack causes the target to use their standard ‘slash’ attack, not their special skill. Whoever the target is, they’ll just punch an ally (or themselves) for a bit of damage. The initial impact damage part of Merlins attack is quite heavy for a 4*, the mindless attack part is just good for stopping a special from casting.
If an opponent such as Obakan or Elena has a counter attack active, you can cast mindless attack on their ally to make them both attack each other, if the timing is right.

3 Likes

Another gotcha is, Hensels and Merlins specials don’t stack, they will overwrite each other… And don’t even bother casting their special on while Aeron and his flanks are protected… The mana drain/damage/mindless attack wont work…

A reminder about using Merlin against titans: if the titan is stunned, it can’t cast. If the titan has Merlin’s special attached, and hits max mana, you’ve got a free move to improve your board setup. The titan will try to cast and hit itself instead. BUT if you keep the titan stunned, then Merlin’s ailment wears off, and now the titan will cast at you. Grr.

This problem does NOT happen with Hansel or Gretel. The titan takes damage and loses mana even if stunned.

2 Likes

As usual, great point and reminder… Of course then the tricky part is, holding on to their special too long or casting their special too soon… Wait too long and your Hansel/Merlin might just get taken out… Cast too early and you can run out of turns before the special takes effect… It’s happened… Uh, to a friend of mine… Yeah…

4 Likes

WOW!! My last three pulls of note were: Merlin,Hansel AND Gretel! I’ll stop chasing Atlantis for now and keep beefing this trio up!
I LOVE THIS FORUM!!!

4 Likes

I have Hansel and Merlin both maxed, Hansel is also +3. I use Hansel WAY more than Merlin. I have Evelyn at 3-60, fire her special first, which takes down defense against Nature, then use Hansel to finish off the enemy 1 by 1.

I have beat opponents with 4100-4200 TP pairing them while my team sits at 3600!

2 Likes

Does Marlin stacks with Hansel? I mean… can I use both special at the same enemy at the same time?

Negative, they overwrite each other…

1 Like