World Building - Thoughts and Questions about the world of Karemdol and the Correllian Empire

Well, now that we’re in the right forum…

Domitia was the first character I made for D&D. I had to start her off as a fighter so I could give her the Arcane Archer subclass, but I multiclassed her to rogue when I got the chance. She’s half-human half-elf (the only E&P character I made who’s not human) and she grew up in an elven village where she spent a lot of time alone trying to craft magical weapons. Then she joined a group of bandits, developed a superiority complex, and left to become a hired assassin. There’s actually an ability called Bursting Arrow that’s pretty close to her shock bolt.

Sonya is a character I play in one of my weekly game store campaigns. I wanted to give her some more E&P-related backstory, so I made Commander Grey her father and Isarnia her prodigal older sister. Grey’s capture by the Dark Lord made a perfect motivation for Sonya to take the Oath of Vengeance as a paladin. She’s always eager to prove herself, which has gotten her and the party into quite a bit of danger on occasion.

Vivica was a bit of an odd case. I was considering making her as a character for a while, but what actually got me to do it was joining a friend’s online campaign where they really needed a healer. The campaign was specifically based at Morgrave University in Eberron, so that’s where I set her background. In this storyline, she’s a liberal follower of the Silver Flame religion and has a fascination with learning about dragons. She got her mini-dragon pet by rescuing him in the woods on one of her excursions - I named him after one of the dragons from the Eberron campaign guides.

Onatel is one of my favorite characters in E&P, but since pure spellcasters in D&D are hard to play, I held off on making her… until I discovered that my friend had independently also wanted to make a blind seer character. We decided to collaborate on her, with me doing most of the backstory and him figuring out the logistics. She’s kind of a Cassandra story - a talented diviner who got exiled for telling people the blunt truth instead of what they wanted to hear. We still have to talk through her weird blindness-related stats with drop-in DMs, but I like playing her when we have the chance.

Finally, Azar. I was interested in some upcoming Adventurer’s League games, and I needed a character who would be interesting to play with pure rules at level 1. I decided on a barbarian, and Azar seems to be the only female barbarian in E&P (I don’t like roleplaying male characters). Her title “seeker of throne” intrigued me as well, so I interpreted it as seeking her own throne: a dethroned princess who can only win her kingdom back by force and needs to become stronger before she can do it.

3 Likes