[Working as Intended] Lvl up in war deff -- Leveling up/ Emblems no longer takes effect

I’m given to understand tournaments were already like this…? Once the tournament battle day 1 starts your defence is locked/ exempt from further levelling or emblems?

See next comment down :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nope. Tested it, and I appear to be able to strengthen my defense team during the tournament, given I’m not changing the heroes themselves, naturally.

2 Likes

From my understanding and experience RaidT first match up is based on most powerful heroes available… You can strength you defense team but your wall will be based on available team at the beginning os RaidT.
This means you will find easier teams along the way but you’re never reach top score because your wall is lower.
I experienced this at the 2* tournament and the second 3* tournament were I only had non lvled 1* and few 3* red that weren’t red maxed…

1 Like

This sucks.

Twenty million x :poop:

It says that war defense is locked, but only gives talent IMPROVEMENTS as examples.
But can I strip my Richard from his emblems in order to emblem Telluria instead?

I definitely don’t want my war defense to be affected.

Thanks!

1 Like

It was only ever an annoying crutch of a tactic, now neither side can use it. What’s the issue?

2 Likes

Did they also fix the rounding issue where a full clear of your opponent is worth more than 1500 points?

1 Like

A welcome change. Was wondering earlier why level ups and promotions was still registered during the wars before this.

1 Like

I just want clarification. So I can now set my defense, then once war starts I can remove emblems off a defending hero to rotate to an unused attacker mid war and the emblems will remain on my defense, is that correct?

1 Like

Shifted your thread. Have a read of this one seeing as it addresses your question.

1 Like

May need to test next week’s tournament… I’m just glad it didn’t affect this week’s, since I seriously messed up my defense (fixed now, but it took me 2 days).

On another note, was this seriously a big issue? I understand the tactic, but it’s hardly sustainable, and both sides could do it. I’m fine with the change too, just strikes me as an unusual change compared to some of the much bigger “tactics” used to manipulate war score/matchmaking (easy one to fix though)

1 Like

Lol I have always thought it was locked… :joy::joy:

1 Like

Honestly, I have no answer to your query. I had no issue with any of it, was just curious since I do not yet participate in war.

1 Like

Somebody please help me out on this, I was pretty sure that once a war started that the heroes in your war defense could still be leveled up. I have Rigard (4/70) on my war defense, and this morning I finished leveling up his costume and added a couple more levels to his skill putting it a 6 from 3 and none of that was reflected in real time. I know that it wasn’t the original hero that was leveled up, but I figured that if you could level up a hero and it would be reflected in real time on your war defense, that other permanent upgrades would be reflected as well. It isn’t a big deal, as it didn’t make me lose (as far as I know), but it would be nice to have some definite word on this. Thanks!

Recently changed.
You can only level up during prep phase. After the war start the def is locked now.

1 Like

Thanks. I would complain that they didn’t tell us, but I am sure it was noted in one of the messages that I immediately deleted because it didn’t contain any free stuff :wink:

1 Like

Apologies if this is the wrong thread …

If I wish to level the costume, can I do so but continue using the hero as its normal self in both war and raiding?

Of course you can. When you ascend a costume you temporarily switch to it. To apply a costume and use it you need to explicitly press “equip”.

1 Like

Thank you so much! I thought I had read that somewhere but couldn’t find it, lol.