[WORKING AS INTENDED] Fogg (or Kage) does no damage to multiple taunts

Attached is a video of Fogg using his special vs Black Knight when both BK and Ludwig have taunt active. BK’s taunt is debuffed but then Fogg does no damage to either BK or Ludwig.

It seems that the special is being divided into 2 sections.
-The debuff towards BK
-Ludwig taunts the damage portion of the special so BK takes no damage. (But Ludwig also somehow takes no damage)

Not sure if a special should be divided like that due to multiple taunts. In my opinion, for simplicities sake it would be better to not taunt partway through a special as it creates more confusing results than most people would expect. But regardless, either BK or Ludwig should have taken damage.

2 Likes

I think this is working as intended as you outlined

This is a case of order mattering.

This is the only reason I may consider this a bug. Why can you attempt to use the damage portion on a target without taunt, so maybe the damage portion should then apply to the hero with taunt.

I’ll flag it for Dev/ QA attention.

From the looks of things the special skill gets lost somewhere along the way.

BK takes the “taunt” but gets it dispelled by Kage/Fogg. The game then seems to get confused cause it sees a new taunt active but it has a previously locked target for the damage… thus results in no damage and the phrase “protected”

So in terms of a battle order it looks like:

1. Fire Fogg/ Kage
  2. Taunt activates and directs it onto Taunter #1 (BK in this case)
  3. Skill order of effects kicks in and dispells first, removing BK’s taunt
  4. Moves onto damage line of the special skill, still targetting BK.
  5. Game recognises a second taunt in play (Ludwig here), and thus doesn’t allow the dealing of damage to BK… However because BK was the original target, it doesn’t redirect the damage onto Ludwig…
2 Likes

Thank you for the report, we’ll investigate this here.

This is working as intended. When a sniper with a dispel attacks multiple taunts, it’s still targeting the damage to that specific Hero. But due to the other taunt being active it’s protected from the damage. If a Hero would hit all instead of one, their damage would hit the rest of the taunts, but not the Hero they dispelled the taunt from.

3 Likes

But this doesn’t happen with other dispellers, because the damage is applied first, right?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.