[WORKING AS INTENDED] Aether Power is not flipped

Normally a Down specials should flip an up special like they come with the aether powers. This is not the case and therefore inconsistent.

1 Like

I noticed that too, it has always been flipped. Maybe they worked like e-links

I can ask Staff about this.

I have just received an answer from @Jenky

It is working as expected.

1 Like

When you cast a special to reduce special skill defense it doesn’t replace special skill boosts. That isn’t how other statuses work (normal defense, attack, etc). I attached a photo to prove it.
@Petri

This is working as intended for Aether Powers per SGG. This works this way only for Aether Powers - none of them can be overwritten

If it is indeed LotL’s aether power, that’s actually working as intended but I agree that the UI is inconsistent and misleading at best. Aether power’s status effects should have something to clearly shows that it’s an aether power’s status effect (a tiny icon on top of the regular icon, a note in parentheses…).

3 Likes

I 100% agree with this. Since this acts differently then all other instances of same type buff & ailment interaction, then it should have some distinguishing notation. Hopefully this is addressed in an update.

1 Like

@PlayForFun that wasn’t something the beta testers spotted during beta? I think it needs to be addressed with an update.

It is working as expected. I am merging this to the proper topic where this came up earlier.

1 Like

Interesting, I didn’t know that aether power can’t be overwritten. Can it be dispelled with special skill or superior talents?

1 Like

It can be dispelled by skills or talents or by passives.

1 Like

see highlighted atk buff and debuff

This is working as expected.

Staff already clarified this in another bug report.

I have merged this topic over there.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

During this week’s raid tournament I ran into the following: the opposing team’s Kalo started off with a defense up ) not sure why, this not in his description). I then had my Gormek put defense down on him, but strangely enough Kalo then had BOTH Defense Up and Defense Down icons. Is that normal? Does that mean that you must subtract the Defense Down from the Defense Up effect? Before, Defense Down would REPLACE Defense Up. See screenshot after my Gormek fired his Defense Down.

Was Kalos LB2? Cause his Aether Power is Def up. So he’ll keep the Defense up icon from that until it wears off.

Aether powers status effects are not replaceable with their opposite counter part. They are still dispelable though. Not a bug, you just didn’t notice the aether power on Kalo’s card.

2 Likes

As you can see from the screenshot, the two alpha broken heroes that got hit with def down didn’t have their alpha abilities overridden and they maintained a heightened def. With other alpha abilities, such as attack up or berserk attack, if you use an attack debuff, it overrides it, so I’m not sure what to make of this.

It’s already been written somewhere that the rule of overwriting does not apply to alpha talents

1 Like