Wonderland Heroes - Will they make your main team? What do you think of Cheshire Cat, Alice, Queen of Hearts QoH, The Hatter, Captain of Diamonds? How do they work? [MASTER]

I’m in exactly the same place as you. Missing only Alice (and, unbelievably, Kunchen), the odds of chasing her down are too low for yet another blue sniper, albeit a very interesting one. The rest of my budget goes to Atlantis with the hope of getting one or both of the new Atlantis heroes. And Kunchen.

2 Likes

Moderator’s Suggestion

There has been excellent and extensive discussion in this thread about the specific mechanics of the new Wonderland heroes.

I encourage others to make reference guides in #player-guides that synopsize specific questions and answers about the Wonderland hero mechanics.

Topics that are most appropriate for that are ones that players are likely to be searching for or wondering about in the future.

Creating a guide is a good way to make that information findable in the future without having to read through a ton of posts. You can make use of the Forum quote feature to avoid having to rewrite explanations that have already been well written.

Here’s an example of such a post: [GUIDE] How does the Queen of Hearts’ Taunt work with AoE specials, or specials affecting nearby enemies in addition to the target?

1 Like

It’s a nice coincidence @Kerridoc

I don’t have any blue 5* other than Arthur and he’s slow so I’m still tempted whenever Alice pops up as I log in to the game.

But agree chasing just Alice odds are too great. And the possibility of another couple blue pseudo ladies Ariel and Frida

Technically Arthur is average, but i feel your pain. He’s definitely not the first blue sniper i think about in most cases.

But then, I’m not sure Alice would, either, compared to Alasie or Magni. Alasie has an effective special strength about 10% higher and she slows mana of nearby. The role of snipers is to kill, so often Alice’s secondary skill will be irrelevant. Alice will be very nice on titans, though.

1 Like

I was most excited about the cat. He was all I looked forward to. In the least amount of pulls ever, I landed Alice and several Cheshire and Captain Diamonds.

Without a moment to spare, I leveled Cheshire in my record time. Confident I’m making the right choice to commit mats to him with the help of in game peers who like I, didn’t know exactly what negative effects came about from his special.

I’ve raided with him every battle I could. I either lost because of the special, complicated the situation because of the special, or would have won anyway without the special. I simply don’t see any use for him what so ever. Other than adding more challenge to the board.

3 Likes

A minor detail on the cat: if you use it in an event it can shuffle minions and shuffle bosses, but it can’t shuffle a boss into a minion slot. Or vice versa.

3 Likes

Good point. I guess I’m just a little salty cuz I have all of those HOTM heroes, and Aegir didn’t need another mark against him either, Lol.

Interesting, haven’t used him in the events. So far, I’ve found him to be more pleasurable farming the map. Not for his ability to reshuffle, but he is more likely to consolidate enemies into a single group.

He does this in raiding as well. That is pretty much the only time he might appear to be of use to me. When there are 3 heroes or less, anything he does whether regroups or puts a new hero in the tank position is less problematic. But then, it’s like why to I need the special at this point if I must wait till there are minimum enemies left on the board?

At 4+ heroes, problems almost every time. Either you kill the tank and get a new enemy in the tank position or you nearly kill the tank and get a whole new threat to deal with as it’s been replaced with a full health hero from the back.

2 Likes

Well i tried. 2 x 10 pulls and no Alice. No wonderland heroes at all for me.

Was mainly hoping for Alice cuz I have Red Hood already. Would have heen cute to have two girls from fairy tales on my eventual 5 star def team. Till next time: done pulling now.

BTW that cat is messing up my score lol. Twice by memory I went to click the spot with my healer only to realize I dealt the finishing blow instead… like a real cat lol, knocking things out of the way and putting them wherever.

The best way to neutralize a tank on a raid, is by forcing them not to tank lol. That skill is nuts.

1 Like

If kunchen was average mana, yeah.

QoH isn’t good at tank. I dropped 300 cups after a run with alasie, zeline, queen, Delilah and sartana in about 10 minutes

I wonder whether some of the problem with QoH as a tank is that people are excited to raid against her, somthey’re Raiding you when they might have moved on?

I’m thinking she belongs on flank, though. She and the tank can take turns getting the brunt of the attack.

1 Like

That could be. And I agree, I think she fits better in on the flank.

I dont know for the another one’s because i dont have it but the hatter its just amazing

I’m certainly planning on taking Hatter up to 3/70 and then seeing how to decide if i actually want his skill set often enough to put him in queue for tonics. He’d be great facing a team with lots of buff-happy heroes like Aegir and Alberich against titan he’s not nearly as good as Gregorion, Evelyn, Tarlak of Lianna.

I tried QoH on flank with different team setups with a Delilah tank, too. Always lost more cups than without her. Not really impressed with QoH in defense at all. But she does a great job in raid attack, I really like her there.

1 Like

I didn’t get the Cat, but got the rest of the Wonderland squad. I’m fairly excited about Alice and the Queen. They will make very interesting additions to my raid and war teams. Have already started leveling Alice :slight_smile:

1 Like

I wonder if the queen is performing poorly on defense because her special doesn’t punish the opponent in a similar way to other tanks like yunan , gravemaker, Santa, and Guinevere. With so many people running mono and 3-2, tile damage is enough to kill most heroes. She doesn’t snowball well, so attackers have greater freedom to work around her than they do with her peers?

Decided to do another 10 pulls. Got 8 x 3*, 4* Sabrina & Li Xiu. Had enough gems for a single pull left and bam

2 Likes

Great. All I got was 4 Captain of Ds.

1 Like

Seems frequency of mustache man is pretty high. Also got him x times, much more than cat during my pulls. But got Queen and Hatter too so great luck and some interesting heroes to focus on now.

Cookie Settings