šŸ° Wolfgang ā€“ 5* Holy / Yelow from Clash of Knights

In the tower events he is a one man wrecking crew in the later levels. When the buffs only last two turns he will give you the heal once the buffs get removed. You will constantly have that overheal going. Itā€™s so awesome

2 Likes

My yellow trio ā€¦ devastatingā€¦

1 Like

Been using Wolfgang and Gullinbursti. One hits, the other heals on the spot. A few turns later, you get the delayed healing and the delayed attack. Tower stages sounds like this duo could be devastating.

2 Likes

He really is fantastic. His timing is about the best Iā€™ve seen. How often have you fired your heroes, used up your yellow tiles and now have to gather them again? (Why Odin doesnā€™t work in attack) And donā€™t forget about his damage reductionā€¦ Very talented guy!

Hereā€™s mine for referenceā€¦

2 Likes

Want him so badly. But would take a miracle to get him. :tired_face:

My Wolfgangs :+1:

2 Likes

Gimme one please. :slightly_smiling_face: I trade you horghall

1 Like

I planning use Wolfgang in my defense team, Which path of emblems do you recommend me to follow? and what position flank, tank? thank you very much to all

Just pulled him. How is he on offense.
Is the 4 turn wait for the heal too long?

Similar idea to anzogh, anzogh hits/heals for less but heals immediately

He performs well at any position. I went all def on him.

The heal is very nice. But when raiding or at wars heā€™s the secondary healer in a team. Having a direct heal is more useful.

2 Likes

I pulled him and was very excited, but after some raids I was really disappointed, because his heal comes too late - eiter I am already sure of winning or losing.
He didnā€™t matched my raiding style - I was using fast 3/2 with no healer.
I have adjusted my raiding style and now I am using him in more defensive teams, so his heal is right on time. He can fire after 9 tiles with 23 mana troop, which is nice, but I am using him usually with Devana, who gets that mana troop, but after she fires he fires just 1 turn later.

1 Like

I typically raid in 3,1,1 where I almost always bring Toxicandra or Milena, They keep everyone alive long enough for him to apply his boost, once he does that, the boost is typically high enough to get to the next boost and so on. He is a great healer, but not really a primary one if that makes sense?

2 Likes

Seems to be so, yes. I find these (overwrite, dispel, refresh, stack, ā€¦) effects quite confusing as it seems that each and every hero works differently, but the card texts do not tell the details. It leaves always the question ā€œis this intentional or bugā€ open. I think that with Wolfgang this is intentional, but based on the text and everything else I assumed that the duration would reset.

For example for By Ulf the wording is quite similar but the effect IS postponed if one manages to fire the special again early enough.

As stated by several people here he is awesome but you need another healer to make sure everybody stays alive long enough to get the health boost. Great thing about his heal is that it will overheal so you are guaranteed of not wasting the healing after your primary healer goes off and when that happens it almost always means a victory.

3 Likes

The health boost does not reset as stated above. The rest of the buffs reset, but the health boost will go off once the turns it has left are over leaving only the other two buffs active. If fired again after only 2 turns, the health boost will go off 2 turns layer instead of 4 turns. I thought the same thing as you did that the health boost would reset.

1 Like

My post was a reply to a post saying that the boost does not reset itā€™s duration. I know it does not.

What I was saying is that itā€™s disturbingly messy that these skills work case by case differently, that there is no logic. Or in other words, that the special skill descriptions are so short that they leave out all kinds of details. For example when comparing By Ulf and Wolfgang there is no logic: The idea is the same (something happens after X turns), the wording is the same, but the specials work completely differently in real life.

Gotcha. I totally agree. They could have been clearer on the card.

Tks for the replies!
Will bring a primary healer or use a more defensive team with him.

Probably will max him, no other yellow projects now

Actually i do have akkarog sitting around waiting for dartsā€¦ kinda forgot about him :joy:

Who would u guys do wolfgang or akkarog?
My maxed yellows are vivica devana lidenbrock joon poseidon uraeus and gazelle

Wolfgang is so much better

2 Likes