With AW, individual ally messaging is badly needed

I know SGG said they were not going to add this, but it’s badly needed now. We have people in the alliance that have been with us since May 2017, that participate in titan hits, that participate in AW, but they DO NOT read the alliance chat. I have one guy that stuck Ares in the corner that I have no way to message. We often coordinate AW strategy in the chat. The only thing we can do is boot these people and I really don’t want to do that as until AW they’ve been participating great with titans and been with us a very long time. I’d like a way to get their attention and ask them to work with the team, and help them with their AW defense. Please reconsider the decision not to add alliance person to person messaging.

or alternatively, let us tag people in global chat and provide them a counter that wont go away until they click on it and when they do, it will take them to the messages they are tagged in. probably simpler to code that it that way (might need a larger message buffer though).

4 Likes

I totally agree with this.

One other thing - fix the damn chat that already exists! At least half the time I look at our Alliance chat, there is only system messages and nothing that anyone has typed for the entire day.

2 Likes

if you hard close the app and reopen, the messages will come back. But yeah, super annoying.

1 Like

Asking then to chat via alliance banner sometimes works

2 Likes

If they’re not interested in connecting with the rest of you via alliance chat/line, they’re probably gonna ignore personal messages too.

4 Likes

you may be right, but I’d like to at least give them that opportunity. If there’s a counter or alert in their face that they choose to ignore, well then it’s clear they don’t want to participate. right now i can only assume they never see messages. if i KNOW they’re choosing not to read messages sent directly to them, then i feel like it’s fair if they’re given the boot. but until AW, it wasn’t important if someone didn’t participate in chat. while we’d love everybody to, not everyone is interested in the social aspect of gaming and that was OK, until AW.

1 Like

I think that’s a totally fair attitude.