Will they cap the number of alliances

Hey gang, been playing for over a year. Been part of 3 alliances so far. I have my own own team now, which I started one year ago almost. It was a lot of fun building it up. But it’s lost it’s glamour now… there are just too many alliances and too few new players it seems. I’m on global chat steady, and can’t get a bite no matter what I try. I’ve been to the Alliance recruitment page, that’s a joke, sorry.

Is there any chance the devs are considering putting a cap of some kind on the number of alliances? Or there perhaps another play in motion that will ultimately change this movement of new alliances?

Slightly frustrated… Archer

Thanks in advance

1 Like

I expect they’ll leave the task of creating viable alliances to the players.

Frankly, if they try to solve the problem for us, no matter how they do it, I expect the vast majority of players will be unhappy.

9 Likes

As far as I know, the answer is NO.

I do know that the Devs are continually removing the “dead” alliances where there has been no activity for a while. It was mentioned in an AMA a little while back.

I agree tho that there are farrrrrrrrr too many “New alliance” in the recruitment and global chats…

2 Likes

I have no problem recruiting, I paste my message in the alliance recruiting chat room between raids and typically fill any spot within 2-3 days.
I inherited leadership in my alliance when the original leaders got burned out off the game.
We are a 9 * Titan alliance with strict rules that enable real life,

I suggest you join a decent full alliance and become a major contributor to that alliance rather than having yet another partially full alliance.

4 Likes

In a little over 2 months I added around 16 people to our alliance and along with our leaders, got us to 30/30 - all from the page on this forum.

It’s not always a joke if you put in effort; are a bit creative, and get a bit lucky.

Global chat, on the other hand, never paid off.

5 Likes

I notice you haven’t actually made an ad for Alliance recruitment, so a bit confused why you would consider it a joke? We have added numerous people to our alliance through here.

I agree with Halifax, recruitment through Global chat, is not for the fainthearted. There are also several recruitment line groups you can join - perhaps @rook can help you out here.

Good luck with recruiting.

4 Likes

If you want action join THE BEACONS AR—

–Hey guys need mercs to kill this tita-

– Yo Rigsy good to see you on here again

– Hi Rigsy

– GOLDEN LLAMAS EXPERIENCED VETERANS USE ALL FLAGS FRIENDLY ACTIVE - - -

– Afternoon Rigsy

– Mercs Golden Uprising has a 10* Rar–

– Hi guys

– It’s you again Rigsy

– Sup

(Repeat)

10 Likes

Thank you for amply demonstrating what’s fun and not fun about it to the uninitiated. :grin:

(Hi @Rigs!) :joy:

4 Likes

Did rigs ever respond :laughing:

2 Likes

Yup :grin:

5 Likes

Lol are you guys tryin to say I’m around a lot?

3 Likes

Recruitment is a grind that’s just part of the game. It is not always easy to find a good set of 30 people that all mesh well together. You just have to continue to make yourself and your alliance present in the available recruitment areas. Sometimes just posting ads is not the way to go. For me ibwas always more willing to check out alliances where the person recruiting was making conversation, but that’s just me. You have to find what works for you

3 Likes

Every time I see “I’m starting a new alliance, it’s just me and my friend, join us”

I just want to reply “whyyyyy”

If you want to go live in a hole and maintain a tiny alliance, no biggie… just feel like people start an alliance with the delusion of becoming the next top 100… it so rarely happens.

4 Likes

Thanks Halifax, I’m new to this forum, so I will look to find the recruitment topic and add something there. Cheers

1 Like

It’s not a topic – it’s a full category of topics: Alliance Recruitment - Empires & Puzzles Community Forum – where you should start your own topic.

(I was about to add that if you’re new to this forum, you may not yet have permission to … see: Help With Forum Issues Available Here! - old … but I see from your profile, you’re not quite that new.)

I found it far more productive to answer people looking for an alliance with a personal message than to put up ads.

Of the people I added to our alliance when we were at our low point (12 people), all but 3 of the 18 added were done so by msging them directly. 3 people saw the numerous ads we put up and responded.

We also had about a half dozen people join and leave relatively quickly - of the 6, 4 answered ads and 2 had come over due to personal outreach.

Those ones leaving hurt the most. Though one of the people who left ended up doing that four or five more times over the next few months to other alliances from the same individual - so I choose to believe that wasn’t our issue, but theirs.

1 Like

I don’t miss recruiting days in game, forum, or line. Luckily people typically reach out to me now rather than vice versa.

Will say i used to find success in line, game, and forum though. I was always keepin my eyes open and name relevant in all 3 medias for opportunities. Worked out in the end.

2 Likes

I’m going to create one for this forum, but I was only referring to the Alliance recruitment on the game chat.

1 Like

As long as people are willing to pay gems for founding an alliance, there won’t be a cap. Recruiting is not a nice job but has to be done. Therefore the players created several other options to place their adds than recruiting in game chat (line, discord, facebook and so on).
Best way to get rid of recruiting is to make your alliance worth to stay. My second account is in an alliance which is nearly full all the time and we still get requests to join…and we are FAR away from a top ranking.
As I roaming around with my main account, I totally understand your point. I am searching for new alliances about one or two times a week, sometimes even more often, but to limit the amount of alliances is the wrong way to get an alliance full. So still I beg devs:

1. remove dead alliances whenever possible
  2. Improve the search function
    a filter for language
    b filter open/invite
    c remove full alliances when you don’t use a keyword (because not using a key word
    implements that you are just looking for any alliance to join. Full alliances not needed
    here)
    d filter for cups needed
    e for the ambitious players among us…filter top “x” alliances (so not via ranking)

This way more alliances has a chance to be shown in the list. Currently I am facing same alliances again and again and again…most full, invite only or dead. No chance for anybody else to show up. Not fair search…

5 Likes

They aren’t doing much of a job then! Currently there are over 366,000 alliances and the oldest inactive alliance I have come across has been like that for over 780 days.:joy:

1 Like