Will there be compensation? (For Raid Tournament Matchmaking Problems)

Awesome post. 1,000,000 thumbs up. There’s only a few hundred massive whiners. Most people are quiet and I believe they are also far more reasonable. Great job with this topic.

1 Like

ps. the best compensation would be a working weekly raid tournament.

6 Likes

I cant understand the outrage over a brand new feature having problems. It should be expected. I have faith that the issues will be fixed soon enough and that the tournament will be awesome once it’s running how it was meant to.

2 Likes

I will still gladly participate even if it is full of bugs, it’s free afterall. :laughing:

They release Class System in January, Wonderland Event in February, and Raid Tournament in March. That is one new feature each month. I think they have done great jobs this year. :+1::+1::+1:

12 Likes

I require 1000 random emblems as compensation.

kthxbai

3 Likes

Yes, this is a gaming industry. Are you a programmer or by any chance have an experience in programming?

Consider it as a lottery, they pay us with random loot.

2 Likes

Thank you. Excellent post.

Star Trek Timelines is generous with the chronitons when there’s a mess up and Magic the Gathering Puzzle Quest hands out gold jewels for screw ups.

It’s just good business sense to give some kind of compensation when something goes wrong. Some companies are better at customer relations than others.

1 Like

No, but I’m an engineer handling electronic modules that contain software for the automotive industry. We test, and test, and then test more, because products that don’t work properly don’t go on production level vehicles unless a bug is deemed acceptable by the program chiefs. It ain’t fun being the reason for a production stoppage.

It seems to me there should have been a lot more extensive testing before going live with this tournament.

4 Likes

That question wasn’t actually for you. But as Esbam said, this is a gaming industry, not an automotive industry (which have far higher standard as it can risk life if the vehicle gone wrong). You can’t simply compare it apple to apple. A programm might work fine, no error, no crash, but add in user’s behavior, it might not work as intended, playable but not as originaly envisioned.

1 Like

Yeah I get your point. I think that the gaming industry often gets a pass because when they add a new feature its supposed to benefit the players. How can you be mad that they are trying to improve the game you play? I have a lot of fun playing this game and I appreciate them trying to make it better with a new feature that will potentially provide great rewards. Maybe that’s why I’m more willing to cut them some slack than others because some people were furious :scream:

3 Likes

Good point.

For me personally, even though the last raid tournament is flawed, it still give me some benefit such as aqcuiring AM and epic token.

That is why I believe that this game is better with that flawed raid tournament than no raid tournament at all. I am almost hoping that they don’t suspend it for a week :grin:.

3 Likes

I’m with you. It had a ton of bugs but I had fun participating in it and I got a lot of rewards. I’m glad they are taking the time to fix it but I’m kinda bummed because I wanted to see what this weeks rules were gonna be haha. This tournament is gonna be a great addition.

3 Likes

You’re not wrong, there is definitely instant outrage/demand for compensation when the smallest issues arise.

4 Likes

I don’t actually handle parts that are safety related - but items that don’t work mean warranty and user complaints, and not only us as the engineer, but our suppliers get graded on that performance. It’s not entirely a different ballpark…

And not everyone had fun or got great rewards after winning 20/20 battles. This is one of the points that bothers me, people saying it was flawed, but hey, I got some great stuff so it’s OK and even if you got crappy farmable stuff you should be happy. There’s entirely too much of each side trying to downplay the feelings of the other side. That’s not OK.

I got less great stuff than others. But I still agree with the OP. :wink:

3 Likes

Hmm. I wonder if those who are complaining are used to being in the top 100 and getting all the ascension material that is out of reach for the average player. Not to say that all the top 100 players are complaining. But it does make sense. The complainers are disappointed because they expected to perform at the same level they always have and receive the same rewards they always do.

1 Like