Will there be compensation? (For Raid Tournament Matchmaking Problems)

My loot was excellent and compensates me enough.

1 Like

This tournament took less effort than filling a monster chest

Think i spent 15 minutes tops

The reward loot is more than enough compensation but i may be a little biased based on the loot i got(although i haven’t seen any loot that was bad, at least 3* mats so far). Community wanted RNG loot and “more participation rewards” and always complained about the challenge events being so competitive, well think Raid Tournaments is the solution to those complaints. Everyone gets a trophy for very little effort, yay we’re all winners…

5 Likes

I agree, I got some really nice rewards. Not complaining :grin:

1 Like

My loot wasn’t quite as good as @rigs but it was ok, no unfarmables ascension mats (just boots and chain mail), but got some other handy stuff

I was confused by the scoring and the fact that my very well chosen and highly emblemed defense didn’t get attacked once. Considering I won all my raids handily I would thought I’d be in top 1% but I wasn’t, which was just weird considering some of the teams in top 100 were significantly lower team power than my defense

BUT

I am sure they will work out what went wrong here, but I am very thankful that we have more content and opportunity for ascension materials.

There is no need for compensation. This is just the nature of trying to invent new and different content on a game with 2 million plus users, give them a break and be thankful for the effort that must go into this stuff. If it continues to be poorly executed I might change my view but let’s wait and see. They are generally very receptive to feedback

4 Likes

Similar rewards. Main diff was the monk emblems. I received cleric instead.

Still, why no Damascus? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I really do find this whole “non competition tournament” pretty amusing

There are dozens of threads that have requested good loot for little effort in competitions aka challenge events

Devs gave people what they asked for and now players feel they got screwed?

This tournament took no prep, no effort, and the top teams are newer players that dont even have maxed 4* D teams

You dont see top players names in that list. You dont see players that spent 30 days+ preparing for this competition getting top ranks, you dont see people who spent real money and time to place getting top ranks, no real strategy or skill involved, you dont see rewarda reflecting true ranks.

This is asbolutey to a T what players have begged for

Over and over I’ve heard things like “even players that don’t rank in challenge events should get great rewards”

Think everyone should be writing the devs a thank you letter

Personally not my ideal system, i would rather feel like i earned my rank and reward but that sort of system is highly frowned upon in today’s society.

I also think this kind of loot on such a large scale is going to eventually break the game though which has also always been requested by players. Have already seen the free epic hero tokens pulling 5*, have seen multiple non top 100 ranks getting 4* mats and anywhere between 30 to 100 emblems, then others getting multiple 3* mats as well

Doesnt exactly fit in with the slow grind design of the game and speeds up progress pretty substantially with once a week occurences.

Players want mats and heros for free without earning them or spending time and money for them, well the wish has been granted.

Be happy lol

For anyone that feels this tournament is unfair:

People claimed that rewarding top players in challenge events is unfair

So this tournament does exactly the opposite, but yet is still considered unfair?

Does that mean rewarding players based on actual performance is more fair than the “everyone is a winner system”?

Just crazy how people want 1 thing, get it, but then want the other thing that they didnt get cause they didnt like it until they got what they asked for

My last post on the subject outside of direct responses to others

17 Likes

System was broke so nobody really earned something.
If anybody earned the 1% lot then those who won all their 20 fights and this didn’t happen. That is why it is unfair to give some better loot than others.

3 Likes

So true. People will never be truly satisfied.

Challenge event - unfair
Non challenge event - also unfair?

This is just extra content for extra loot especially those who are F2P or newer players.
Why can’t people just be happy for what they are given. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

@MrMeeseeks

Everbody got a different loot so what? When will it be fair?

4 Likes

When everyone has equal chances of the same loot :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

I consider the fact that I got loot from 1-5% tier while my actual position is 5-10% as a compensation.

1 Like

I believe we have actually been compensated. Since I eneded as well in 5-10% bracket, but got loot from 1-5%. If that’s the case then big thanks to SG, they really listened and showed they care :slight_smile: Unless it was again some sort of bug :smiley:

2 Likes

I think the rewards were just fine! I also think it’s amazing that this event gave those lower level players a CHANCE to actually get some game changing rewards.
Obviously there were parts to this that were broken. But, to give the opportunity for a level 20 something player to earn some pretty good loot?
As Rigs said, this may break the game in speeding up the progress of leveling too much.

Although, i scored in the top 1% and got some pretty good loot. As someone who will never place in a challenge event, the opportunity to get what i did was amazing!

4 Likes

It’s confirmed to be a beneficial bug :joy:

3 Likes

I would go further! I think EVERYONE on this first war should have gotten top 1% loot because 99% of the people got screwed with terrible match-ups and unfair point system. We have to deal with enough randomness with the boards to then get screwed by the randomness of the match-ups. If you cannot choose your match, you SHOULD NOT be punished with lower scores!!

3 Likes

Do you have screenshots of the loot you recieved?

Looks like, in peak SGG form, they’re just gonna sit on it.

It was the easiest least time consuming event or competition that the game has ever had

I would have to see some pretty poor loot to not think players should be pretty satisfied with what they got

Asking for compensation for free loot for a free non time consuming tournament just sounds pretty petty in my honest opinion

I haven’t talked to a single person that spent any gems on this tourney

On top of that, it didnt cost any world energy, titan flags, or normal raid flags

Didnt cost any battle items

Didnt cost any flasks

Didnt cost anything.

And it allowed people to fill raid chests without waiting for raid flags to regenerate

The gains vs costs of this tournament just keep getting better and better the more i think about it

10 Likes

It didn’t cost, true, but somehow the advantages of a poorly thought point system are game breaking. The highlight of my loot were 5 Barbarian emblems and an ETT. Compare that to those at the top that did nothing other than getting better random match ups, a 95 emblem difference is a HUGE consequence in game, as it throws you further behind. In the tournaments you put resources but it is your choice which levels to replay, the teams you can use and the resources you want to invest… and most importantly, ALL stages are standard same for everyone. This is a tournament where you cannot chose your opponent, you cannot chose to get your defense tested (yet some people get points from it) and you cannot reroll for a more fitting target. Like this, any distribution other than the standard for everyone is unfair.

3 Likes

It was basically elemental chest loot…

Do you throw this tantrum everytime someone gets a better chest than you as well?

Not a fan of the matchmaking or RNG rewards myself

But had low expectations for loot anyways and the matchmaking is already being looked at for improvement

If the tournament had any costs, sure I’d probly kick and scream like a kid in the cereal aisle. But it didnt cost anything at all.

Players that complain about these RNG rewards should probly complain about all the RNG rewards really. Why should they be looked at any different? You said yourself the matchmaking and comp was broken, so that means pretty much everyone got what they got by random chance which is a daily part of the game most of us learned to accept within the first month of playing…

You got free stuff. Now you’re mad and want more free stuff. If they give you more free stuff, guess what you will want on top of that? I’ll let you see the pattern for yourself…

4 Likes