Will there be compensation? (For Raid Tournament Matchmaking Problems)

True but if a car fails you die. If the tournament fails you just miss out on the ever elusive tonic… until next week.

Same here on loot - most of it was what I get in a regular farming haul, other than a couple silver tokens and a raid flask. No big celebration here.

I only agree to an extent. What I haven’t heard really mentioned or adequately addressed is what can be construed as a sense of entitlement from newer players who think they should be getting the same great rewards as seasoned players who have built up their skills and invested a lot more time and resources. The entitlement train seems to be going both ways.

Just saying (in my humble opinion). How to get the two sides to at least discuss civilly is a mystery since it doesn’t seem popular to look at both sides :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Engineer <> Programmer. Handling software mediums ("electronic modules that contain software) is a far cry from writing software programs. I can only imagine how many 10’s (or even 100’s) of millions of lines of code have to be written to make a mobile game for separate platforms. Since you are an engineer, imagine if you will a clock with a million gears. How long do you think it would take to add even a thousand more and work perfectly with the other million?

@ Esbam As for your “gaming industry gets a pass”, it is NOT limited to the gaming industry. All software that is updated and released will release with bugs and will cause errors with existing programs because there is no feasible way to fully test each an every possible combination of installed elements on the device(s) they are designed for. Apple, Microsoft, Sony, Google, etc., have all released software with bugs/issues because if they do not, then they would be in the infinite loop of testing and go bankrupt because they are not generating revenue by releasing products.

Just my $.02 , no offense :hugs:

Edit: redirected “Free pass” comment to the correct poster

2 Likes

Umm, the auto industry doesn’t give us free cars either… just sayin’ :grimacing:

I never stated anything about the gaming industry getting a pass, that was someone else. Just trying to explain my view to some extent - I don’t see them as totally separate universes (I MUST have an understanding of my parts and the software in order to integrate them in the vehicle architecture). Please don’t put words in my fingers :slight_smile:

@yelnats_24 Thanks for linking to the various threads with Tournament loot!

Yep :slight_smile:

Melendor liked it, especially after recent disappointment, and went from +7 to +11:

3 Likes

My apologies :relaxed:

It’s one thing to understand what you’re working with, but completely different when it comes to making them. Maybe it’s because I’m much more familiar with coding (not what they are using for the game I don’t think, but Java, HTML5, SQL, and a few others) than I am with engineering (although I do enjoy learning how stuff is made and put together), but knowing how a car works and actually designing one seem like different universes to me.

1 Like

HI, Vixx. Truthfully, I’m not sure. So far it seems that battle lines have been drawn and civility has somewhat gone out the window. Since loot was already awarded, I’m not sure what the devs can do that would bring any sense of peace. I was as disappointed as anyone, but I’m trying to keep some perspective and see the overall picture at the same time. I’m puzzling over it at the moment.

1 Like

And the conspiracy theorists will start replying in 3… 2… 1… :laughing:

“Forum moderator gets rare 100 emblem reward from broken tourney. Coincidence?” ominous music

JK, I know moderators do not get differential treatment in-game like that, but is that not what someone would say?

Rather than compensation, most people were simply asking for equal loot for all. Whether that’s the 1% loot or no loot at all. Agreed that it’s too late now, but everyone was asking for this during the tournament when it wasn’t too late. After all, the fact the tournament wasn’t working as intended was obvious on day 1. Now people are mostly arguing because some are going on the forums trolling with stupid posts about how they got amazing loot, but all the people who did better than them and got nothing should just stop whining. That and to make sure tournaments didn’t resume without a fix - getting top loot in these tournaments is now pretty much mandatory to remain competitive.

3 Likes

This raid tourney idea is engaging. Yeah, it glitched. So what!!! I was hooked. Weren’t you? Tell me didn’t run to this chat forum to check out what people were saying about it? Strategies for low max point battles? Then you made your Final Four Madness posts, didn’t you? Yep…thought so.

#Developers: just keep rolling out kicka$$ new heroes with monthly events. The artwork is crazy good and the game moves into the month with new stuff to look forward to every week.

#EventIdeas: March Madness Sweet 16 heroes event with all war emblems in play for Reset emblem prizes… for us dummies who wasted them on 3* for the Wonderland event!!! :crazy_face::joy::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Enough so that you’re the second person today to make that joke :wink:

2 Likes

I personally don’t see what the big issue is with with the rewards for the different tiers because the loot is randomized. I watched the possible loot images change and it looked to me like the biggest difference (at least in the 10% down brackets) was a few more items, but the items available were pretty much the same. So much so, my main account landed in the 10-25% bracket and my second account landed in the 25-50% bracket, and I got pretty much the same things on both. Main won 20/20, alt won 18/20. Even though the rewards weren’t spectacular, it was still more than what I had before the tourney, and I had a few more things to do on the game once my other energies ran out. I was in it for the fun and the possibility of good rewards, and I would like to have gotten better than what I did, but I’m not going to complain and demand more (at least not publicly :smile:; I’m sure my alliance mates would scoff at that claim).

So I say “You get what you get and you don’t throw a fit”. If the rewards were set like they are in the challenges, then I could see why people would be upset, but they’re not. I have no proposed solution, other than accept a rocky start and hope for an improved second round.

1 Like

I enjoyed the tournament bugs and all.

1. Picking my defence was fun. I changed it constantly and was madly leveling my heroes during the event. I wasn’t attacked so who knows if I picked a good one. It was fun.
  2. picking my attack teams under the weird rules. I lost one battle, had some decent challenges and lots of easy targets. It was fun.

Back to the OP, dead on, wonderful feedback.

The complainers, wow what a bunch of grinches. Merry Xmas from Mother North

Better than third or more lol! I’ve heard it a hundred times or more on other volunteer modded game forums, and must’ve missed the first one today. Ah well, them’s the breaks :man_shrugging:

…wait a second, my post was made after midnight in my time zone, so technically I was the first one today. Ha!

1 Like

and the point was not to complain but note that RNG creates overlap in the quality of loot. specifically, for those that were concerned that people like myself undeservedly got better stuffs.

even with direct quotations people mangle context, hmm?

Edit: FWIW I feel like some of you here lack some empathy for people that feel like they were missing out through no lack of effort/performance of their own. I happen to agree with them that loot should have been the same for everyone that participated this time, due to the bugs.

And maybe it doesn’t bother you to get 10 emblems when someone else gets 100. Personally I can see it being about as a annoying as the cumulative discrepancy in elemental chests, but I can understand why others are upset about it. Imo this type of counter outrage thread is less constructive and more about poking the bear.

3 Likes

I personally believe that dealing with people is harder than dealing with programming or engineering :laughing:.

Unfortunately, whether we take one side, the other side, or standing between them, there are always some who don’t like it. Afterall, there is no way we can agree with every person when each have their own opinion.

I just hope that differing opinion will not make us hate each other, so we can all remain civil. I had a different opinion with @anon89026910 in this thread, but later on, when I ask a question in a different thread, @anon89026910 answered it, and I am grateful for that.

2 Likes

Thank you for your post. It’s the malcontent squeaky wheels that get the attention, but it is those of us that are grateful and satisfied that have to read through the whine.

Your comment is sincerely appreciated.

1 Like

^ Not sure what you mean

^ I agree with this to a point. Those that won equal amounts of battles should receive the same rewards (i.e. 20 wins get x prizes, 19 wins get y prizes, 18 wins get z prizes, etc.), but it would be difficult to be fair that way as well, due to the broken match up system. Give everyone the same rewards, and the veterans would complain. Give everyone rewards based on the number of battles won, and the newer players would complain that they were outmatched (which all the ones I faced were, since I had a full 4* team and I was facing 2 and 3* teams). I know there isn’t a solution to please everyone, so I feel it best to just leave it as is with the promise to do better next time.

^Agreed.