Will players leave because of Limit Breakers?

seems a little nitpicky to be honest :slight_smile:

how about +85 Killhare then, as @AndyBSG mentioned? +85 Frigg? +85 Odin? +85 Bera? +85 Finley? +85 Onyx? how about minion wars? maybe buff booster tourneys? bloody battle?

Sorry, I know you like to debate, and I know youā€™re always about the facts. but Iā€™m just a bit amused by the specificity of your rebuttal. Iā€™d hazard a guess that @stewstew was just throwing out a top-of-mind exampleā€¦ but maybe @AndyBSG 's example holds more weight. I donā€™t know.

anyway, despite my amusement and comment on (my perceived) nit-pickiness, I do generally appreciate reasonable optimism. And I admit to not doing the math, so Iā€™m not sure how big a difference 5 levelsā€™ worth of stats will make to be honest.

2 Likes

cheers @Annjul @Elpis

guess we are in the same boatā€¦ happy that I was able to articulate/explain well what we are feeling.

3 Likes

The stat boost per lvl is almost double the boost of other lvlā€™s from what Iā€™ve seen, so lvl 85 is more like lvl 90

Example Iā€™ve seen for +20 Bera is below

Attack 874 to 936
Defence 855 to 915
HP 1415 to 1522

So, roughly a 7% stat increase.

May not sound like much but itā€™s suddenly going to make a lot more heroes capable of either killing with 3 tiles or surviving 3 tiles which will completely change match results

The defence and HP one is particularly worrying because they will work together to make killing heroes much harder

7 Likes

Iā€™ve seen a fair few heroes at +85 now and the boost isnā€™t that huge.

But I do get it, people are worried they wonā€™t be able to ā€œcompeteā€ but Iā€™ll always look at F2P in my own alliance who are already punching way above what youā€™d think. Caddy was MVP in the last war with 6/6 and his defence with Bera tank, 3 S1 and Atomos was eating flags.

I look at his roster and I have no clue how he does it but heā€™s usually in the top 3 and we are fighting all manner of filthy defenses. He waded through 2 Alfrike tanks back to back yesterday.

So if he can compete at that level with a roster half as good as mine I can compete against some limit breakers.

I am an optimist though as you noticed :joy:

1 Like

Thank goodness. I thought for a moment after wading through this thread, reading player concerns with LB then reading your counter posts, I wondered if you were addressing the same issues raised in the OP :thinking:. I too have amazing F2P legends who although donā€™t spend the money on pulling heros, they spend a lot of time learning and developing their hero roster. More money / time = More grinding :exploding_head:

What I have noticed recently, is the seasoned veteran player exodus. Since the beginning of 2021, I have had at least a dozen former alliance mates delete E&P. Just yesterday after war, another two left. Alliance recruitment is a lot tougher now :sweat:

I appreciate for every time there is a season, and when costumes for non-S1 heros was mooted, against beta tester advice I will add, only after fierce player dissention the idea was shelved. Butā€¦

Dejavu :sweat::exploding_head:

4 Likes

I spend money and loads of time too. I understand thereā€™s a lot of annoyed people, Iā€™m not a total fool :joy:

From the Q&A today itā€™s clear they were going to release limit breakers irrespective. What the Beta testers probably need to realise (if they havenā€™t already) is that they are testing functionality. They want to know if they work, not what they think of them.

But genuinely I say to anyone that feels this is the straw that breaks the back to vote with your feet. Uninstall and move on, find something more productive and enjoyable. Thatā€™s not designed to be provocative or incendiary, just a statement of fact as the path this game is one is set. You are either prepared to keep riding it or you arenā€™t. Itā€™s not changing thatā€™s for sure.

1 Like

This from today ā€¦

• Why are the developers keen to introduce features like ā€˜Limit Breakersā€™ which 80% of the people polled here feel negatively about?
    • TIM: As mentioned earlier there are some features where the overall direction is in a way set in stone beforehand, or at least in the sense that we know where we need to end up in the long term, but there simply is a fairly high chance that players do not see the steps along the way as we do. Limit Breakers is a very clear example of this - we have evaluated that we must raise the maximum evolution cap, so to speak, of Heroes at this stage of the game lifecycle and thus we set this as a non-debatable goal. Thereā€™s a lot in the feature itself we need to test and most likely adjust once itā€™s live, and the beta feedback did inform us of the pain points, definitelyā€¦but in this case, we realized that weā€™ll learn what exactly needs to be adjusted only when itā€™s played by a large enough population.

The game plan is already set in stone and LBs (as a non-debatable goal) are just one of the stepping stones to get us from A to B in that plan.
We now have to accept that LBs HAVE been introduced in this latest version. And that SG will look at how that plays out as we all TEST them in the live game. And SG will adjust as appropriate.
I just wish we knew what was in the overall game plan that needs us to have much stronger heroes.
We just have to wait to see how it all pans outā€¦

5 Likes

I donā€™t think itā€™s QoL improvements, but rather :moneybag: :moneybag: :moneybag: :sweat:

8 Likes

Not true. Those extra 5 levels come with a significant increase to her bulk, thereby making her less likely to die and more likely to go off.

These extra 5 levels are not like the 5 levels between 4/75 and 4/80 with minimal stat boosts. The statboistscome up to about 7% across the board.

8 Likes

Iā€™ve seen the boosts from plenty of heroes that have been boosted in Beta.

I still think my mono-yellow will drop an 85 Alfrike in 3 tiles

1 Like

Oh, so you just play the lottery with this game (i.e. mono)? Probably yes you will still be able to get lucky with the 3 tiles needed. Live or die by the tiles with luck!

3 Likes

Sigh :pensive: :heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation: I have open arms if you change ur mind and never will judge u for coming back. I love you Sam you helped me so much to take this game properly and to be a low low spend and to benefit most from ppl even tho itā€™s a game some pls heartS are clearly seen. Iā€™m truely glad to have met you and hope you are happy in whatever you do then on.

2 Likes

Some times point in beta testing is the statistical data from the actual game play and not for the feedback ā€¦
nibbles bamboo to act dumb again :joy::panda_face::panda_face::panda_face::woman_shrugging:t2:

however if most of them said they hated it that is sad that they went forward.

Unlessā€¦ they implemented some of the suggestions they mentioned ā€¦ ie only breaking s1 or 3-4* I remember reading some stuff.
We can not know if they werenā€™t heard until we see them.

1 Like

More like level 120.

1 Like

Imo, limit breaker is more friendly toward 4* and S1 than S4. Just consider this:

Without limit breaker:
S1 4* 怋 640
S1 5* 怋 755
S4 5* 怋 805

Which means:
S1 4* is 79.5% of S4 5*
S1 5* is 93.8% of S4 5*

After limit breaker:
S1 4* 怋 690
S1 5* 怋 805
S4 5* 怋 855

Which means:
S1 4* is 80.7% of S4 5*
S1 5* is 94.2% of S4 5*

So because of limit breaker, the worth of S1 heroes relative to S4 heroes are increased.

2 Likes

Lol

I wish I had the sorta resolve one needs to leave a game like this

(ā€¦but I donā€™t)

So no, I wonā€™t necessarily leave because of LB. However, if I find I can no longer play/compete with my 3/70ā€™s - at least enough to enjoy the game - and instead feel forced to max my 5*, and out of that I become resentful and/or disinterested [with the game], then yes, I may leave.

As anyone who knows me knows: I like being able to play with ALL of my heroes. Emblems, and now LB, narrows the field of play too much [for me] imo. 4* mats are scarce enough. I want all of my 200+ 4*/5* heroes to be equally playable [from a stat PoV]. I may be able to tolerate using my 4* mats, but thatā€™s only the tip of the iceberg. & Idk, that, alone, could totally change the game for me too.

Although, before this decision was cemented, I had planned on letting my VIP lapse anyway - in about a month - and seeing how I felt thenā€¦ was thinking if this game didnā€™t lighten up (esp where I was concerned, as besides this recent S4 craziness, my luck had been :poop: with dupes seemingly trolling me + these new additions were not looked favorable upon by me one bit), a break would be heavily warranted, especially spending. As Iā€™ve been [slowly] burning out (again). & I still may do soā€¦ weā€™ll see how these next 30+ days go.

6 Likes

The direction is for roster evolution.

Not balanced raids or wars.

Bear in mindā€¦
as this "direction" continues:
Your current roster will continue aging.
Every dollar you spend. Will whither.
The pixels you chase have a shelf-life!

Your money is nerfedā€¦
Over time

This is perceived as great news
for new players.
Because they can dump
their personal bank
And then jump
more rapidly, into the fray.

But that perception is near sighted!

Not to mention the harm, complaints, and troubles that will continue to develop for huge portions of game content that used to be the cornerstone of strategy and enjoyment for the bulk of their paying customers.

5 Likes

Heck no! Iā€™m not leaving, Iā€™ve got some heroes I want to try throwing some Limit Breakers at! Ametrine should be even more of a beast! And Shrubbear should be even more annoying as my 3-star tourney tank! :wink:

Good gaming!

2 Likes

How many fully blemmed 5* do you have?

That is the current cap.

Iā€™m gaining on 30.
Myself, and many others are working towards 6 war flags of cap. And consider fully blemmed 5* essentially E&Pā€™s 6* hero. And donā€™t bother to blem up 4* when we have 50+ 5* heroes fully leveled. Many with much more than that.

A horde of 7 star heroes
are headed your way!

And they wonā€™t be S1.

Which is more dangerous?

But have fun with 3* tournaments :joy:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve heard of the infamous morlovia gate, but the ham gate? What even is that?

1 Like