Will players leave because of Limit Breakers?

:woman_facepalming::rofl:

I have been quietly thinking about how I want to play the gameā€¦

4 Likes

I am trying for this POV cos itā€™s the easy version. Canā€™t escape war. After this, I wonā€™t bother with POV and slow down more.

Still have S5 missions to clear. I should be able to clear those by end March.

After that ā€¦ :woman_shrugging:t2:

Letā€™s see how I feel about Zynga and this game then.

3 Likes

I donā€™t like these new limit breakers, but in a way that no one has mentioned yet. I like the variety of different heroes. Iā€™m probably one of the few people who donā€™t mind all the new heroes at all. The rapid increase didnā€™t and wonā€™t change my very-cheap-to-play status a bit, but they do give me more variety and interest in being creative with what I already have. When limit breakers came out, people had to make hard decisions on allocating their fixed resources. It is no surprise that there was general agreement on the most useful heroes to limit break. Now, I see the same-old same-old on raid and war teams despite all the new and shiny.

So bottom line, Iā€™m not angry about this, but I just see the game moving down a more boring path than what the devs have already done. If people leave, it might be out of anger and indignation. Or it might just reflect a game with less and less entertainment value.

3 Likes

The only thing this thread really shows is that people will still be here, complaining, two years from now.

2 Likes

:rofl:

No, most of them seem to be gone.

3 Likes

I donā€™t think Iā€™ll quit, a lot of the PvE content will still be fun. I donā€™t aim very high for challenge events and ninja tower and stuff like that, so it will be a while before I see effects.

I might cup drop harder so raise donā€™t become too frustrating:

And letā€™s see if ill feel the impact in wars :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Team powers well over 5300 now.

The new LB are the straw that breaks the camelā€™s back for me. Many long-time fellows of our alliance have quit in the last year because they were frustrated about which way the game was going. Now itā€™s my turn. I will leave as soon as the next version goes online.

2LB wonā€™t be released with V56 (March). No quest yet. Expected in V57 Beta (April).

Earliest is May, I think.

Happy Gaming!

Hopefully they will listen to the vast majority of Beta testers feedback and tweak all of this before they roll it out.
It makes little or no sense to launch something this huge that isnā€™t fully tested ā€¦.
My advice would be to start it with 3* heroes and move upwards ā€¦
Or start it with the whole of S1 heroes and move upwardsā€¦
Just my two pennies worth ā€¦

1 Like

I deleted this game yesterday.

I have been happily spending on this game for 5 years (I have been in one top 10 alliance or another for most of 3 years) because of how much I love the game but the recent price hikes + the upcoming Alpha Aethers that you have to SUMMON for was the exit sign for me.

There is no point staying on if I canā€™t be competitive and that will only be possible if I up my expenditures on this game drastically.

Itā€™s wasnā€™t worth it to me.

Game was great at its prime though -
Crushed Candy Crush and made me stay this long

Have fun playing and donā€™t let anyone tell you this game ainā€™t fun.

Everyone will know when they need to quit

10 Likes

:warning: Mod Edit: Google Translation to English

This new limit break left many players discouraged to continue

Original text

Essa nova quebra de limetes deixou muitos jogadores desanimados para continuar

Next time please use English outside of #foreign-languages category.

@Annihilator
Itā€™s always sad to see veterans leave the game ā€¦
But as you say everyone will come to know when itā€™s the right time for them personally to quit ā€¦
For me I am waiting to see what they decide to do with Alpha Aethers and how they roll them out. Then I can decide if itā€™s the final nail in the coffin for me ā€¦
If itā€™s rolled out as it currently is in Beta my personal opinion is that it will have a huge impact on existing alliancesā€¦.
I wish you well in your future endeavours. Use your new found time wisely
Take care and good luck :crossed_fingers: :shamrock:

3 Likes

Bon Voyage! May you find another game just as engaging and fun. Enjoy your onward journey.

1 Like

Iā€™m wondering how your S5 missions are going @BlackZed?

I am still thinking on how I want to play the gameā€¦

Iā€™m also sad to hear about Team Korea disbanding after this alliance war.

2 Likes

@SamMe : cleared that crook & flail mission. Slowly farming last 2 avatars with hoarded loot tix, and free WE. A bit daily if there are no quests or challenge on.

That TK announcement spurred an ex alliance mate to contact me (he spotted a certain ign and thought I was in TK! :rofl::joy:) with an invite. Wants me to do a few wars with him just like last time. :joy::rofl:

Told him that I will think about it.

I have no objections to 2LB all the way to 100, to push stats. My beef is with the aether passive and the aether portal.

I have gone through gruelling LB to 2LB and started progressing to 3LB in other similar games. Farming or playing for those aethers can become obsessive. So not enthused about 2LB in EP.

I am now down to

ā€¢ No War
ā€¢ Useful Quests and Events
ā€¢ Levelling the remaining heroes that I would like to level
ā€¢ Maybe 3/4* RT
ā€¢ Having a go at another easier POV to see if I can reach T29 (but not a must)

Itā€™s comfy right now for me. Trying not to rock the boat.

I am happy for TK. Their decision to drop down to a less competitive tier will minimise the risk of burnout, if some of them havenā€™t already reached that stage by now. Thereā€™s always more to experience, experiment and learn. Always room for growth in some way as long as a door is opened and player steps out to see what else is out there.

Ex EP player reached out to me recently to try a new game with her. I am playing that now. I like it enormously.

Going at my own pace. Thereā€™s a bit of everything in it. And My OCD is an advantage in that game. :joy::rofl: Thatā€™s my Game B now.

EP is still Game D. Lol

7 Likes

Iā€™ll wait and See! But for 1st time over 3years, I consister quiting the game. Iā€™m tires levelling the same hero.
Iā€™m F2p ( so they wonā€™t care) and I worked hard top have enough 3 and 4* maxed to compet in tournament. I finsh often in top 1%, and that Make me Happyā€¦
But I struggle already with Aether for Esch news hero that I WANT to Maxā€¦ And nowaday, a non-limit breaked hero is unusableā€¦

I really donā€™t WANT to have to Start again with all these heroesā€¦

3 Likes

The worst decision is to download the game and watch out for uploading heroes and see what happens with each update, they become obsolete because new heroes arrive and the one of the month never comes back

1 Like

Further reflexion :
I just got Fura costume, this month I got the new purple 4* If 3 kingdom ā€¦ Iā€™ll probably get 1-2 hotm this year, and 1-2 fated Summonā€¦ All these heroes are ok but Not extraordinaryā€¦ I would be excited to test themā€¦ I would play to get all what I need to level them.
I donā€™t have the aether yet, but Iā€™ll get them out of tournament and Omega quest.

What Make me demotivated is that I know that all the aether that I get now will be used for 2nd break of the 5* that I use in War, and all the heroes that I needfor tournament and that have already got 1st breakā€¦

So when will I be able to Level a new hero Again? 1 or 2 years from now?

For sur a hero without any break will be totally useless in a month or 2.

So to be almost certain that I wonā€™t play with any new heros for 2 yearsā€¦ What the point playing at all?

I feel that this new feature is like saying all your roaster regress back of 5 level ! So demotivating.

If there would Not ne the need If 1st aether for 2nd limite break, it would be a bit diffĆ©rent, cause WE coule continue working on new heroes and hoping to get the best to 2nd Levelā€¦ But Here WE will have to choose Between getting new heroes to 1st limite break level or old ones to 2nd Level. And none of these choice is exciting

1 Like

I will stay, and enjoy the new lb feature.

Game and life have 1 thing in common in which it is ever changing.

Game you can quit and not be effected.

Life on the other hand has consequences.

If game makes you sad, check out, go on vacation.

3 Likes