Will players leave because of Limit Breakers?

Still playing that one. Unfortunately, they changed the cool and quirky setup/game play they had in the beginning for a more E&P feel. But it is still running.

1 Like

Iā€™ll keep playing and doubt Iā€™ll do anything differently.

13 Likes

The ridiculous influx of heroes and power creep already reduced my spending. After hitting 50 maxed 5s (about to hit 60 now), I see no reason to chase anything that would be made pointless within a month. I already have maxed 5s that I never use and many at 70 that will never be maxed.

I still enjoy the game, but it seems that enjoyment dwindles each time they push an update. I have no plans to leave, but my fear is I wont have a choice. SGs decision to chase short-term financial gains to pump up the next quarter is going to kill E&P eventually because the the pace is not sustainable.

15 Likes

Those questions will be carefully chosen and answered ahead of time though.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been f2p now since I bought this pov pass, as long as they keep going with these ā€œQoLā€ changes that apparently we ā€œasked forā€ Iā€™m not spending another dime on this game, weā€™ll see how it goes but if it becomes no fun for me Iā€™ll stop doing it done it with other games I played for years can do it with this one if needed, only part that sucks is the friends Iā€™ve made and to not play with them on a regular anymore would hurt, so guess Time will tellā€¦ :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

Limit breakers are the second worst decision I have seen in 30 years of gaming (I stated this in testing), at least in the form in which they were tested. I wrote 20+ paragraphs in the 3 betas they were tested. They will create a huge imbalance for war, raids and tournaments for at least a year if they are implemented as in beta. Yes itā€™s cool to make your Wilbur stronger, but when alliances not even in the top 500, are facing exclusively 5k+ defenses in war, without proportional upgrades to their offense, itā€™s going to be brutal. Could adjustments have been made post beta? Sure. That is unlikely though. The developers simply donā€™t listen. My alliance has 3 announcing departures today including a Reddit moderator and another who spends 5k+ per year. This feature has almost exclusively negative feedback and the small amount of positive feedback is predominately from players who donā€™t yet see the impact this will have or simply donā€™t care at all about war, raids or tournaments. So yes it will likely be the end for many.

28 Likes

I did left because of the last updates and limit breakers were just the ā€œenough is enoughā€. Thatā€™s just too much.

I still like to hang in the forum though. Using the time here instead of in the game helps in not feeling like playing.

7 Likes

Constant power creep and hero obsolescence. Give me 8 war flags and I would have something to play for. Instead half my roster never see the battlefield. I personally want variety, not being forced into mothballing once fun heroes. I will vote with my wallet and step back from top level play. If that proves untenable I will nuke my account.

17 Likes

Yeah, since everyone gave negative feedback about the idea, they decided to go ahead with it.

Makes perfect sense.

I donā€™t recall one person saying this was a great idea.

10 Likes

This is perhaps the biggest reason I see myself and possibly most of my circle quitting. Iā€™m of the opinion that the emblem system was probably one of the worst ideas they could have implemented. Thereā€™s nothing like facing teams in the tournament/raids/wars and the entire enemy team is all 20E heroes. Taking a 0E hero may as well be taking a 4star because that is how imbalanced the stats are stacked against you. Limit breakers will definitely be the nail in the coffin.

18 Likes

Itā€™s not specifically limit breakers, but Iā€™ve essentially stopped playing except to hit Titans and play in wars for the sake of my alliance.

My heroes are good enough that I can still do that effectively, but limit breakers may end that, at which point Iā€™ll completely retire.

For me the breaking point was the number of new heroes they rolled out in the last year, without making the heroes cheaper/easier to get and without meaningfully making ascension materials more available.

15 Likes

In contrast to many others here Iā€™m not against limit breakers ā€“ actually I like that I can use my feeders to improve heroes I really use instead of leveling my fifth Boldtusk or fourth Grimm. Also, 4* and especially 3* benefit more from the extra levels than 5* heroes from what Iā€™ve read. This puts great heroes like C. Rigard, HƤnsel, Mist, Proteus etc. at least a bit closer (in terms of base stats) to those 5* monsters of which the vast majority of us (those who donā€™t spend like hell) will get very few.

Iā€™m much more concerned about costumed 5* monsters. Rana and Yunan are not that problematic, but 5* Krampus, M. North or Finley costumes are a double slap in the face. First, for those who have already spent lots of money to chase and get them (or were really lucky) and will have only a second class version of that hero unless they pull hard another time. Next, F2P and C2P players wonā€™t stand a chance against a 5.2k TP team with limit broken and costumed Krampus, Grave, Finley, MN etc.

Solutions to make these features more player-friendly:

• 3* and 4* limit breakers have to be much easier to get than 5* aethers, so that people can bring a variety of improved 4* heroes in wars to fight that 5k++ defense teams ā†’ AFAIK this is planned anyway :+1:t3:
  • costumes should be rolled out for the weakest and not already super-strong heroes. Also, there should be 3* and 4* non-vanilla costumes, too. Otherwise the gap between non-trainable 4* and 5* heroes will be huge. Also, people are much happier if there is a real chance to get something from the portals instead of feeders 98% of the time
  • There should be ways to craft costumes in a building (either a new one, maybe called ā€œTailorā€ or a new TC/HA Level) or get them by doing missions with the respective hero (e. g. to get a costume for Proteus you have to kill X monsters/heroes/ā€¦ with him and/or use him X times etc.). Ways to also get some costumes by being an active player and not only by throwing tons of gems at the various portals
11 Likes

Iā€™m not quite as bothered with it simply because I have the worst luck with summons. I donā€™t mind being able to improve my current roster.

That being said, I totally support all the players who are upset with the update as I know my play style isnā€™t how the average players want to play the game.

8 Likes

Will I leave because of limit breakers? Iā€™m actually not sure yet.

I expect Iā€™ll be able to hold out for a while with my current roster. However, with no spending to keep improving my roster, I expect it will be obsolete in a matter of months.

At that point I may have no choice but to quit the game.

Ultimately, I think this update signals the beginning of the end for any semblance of balance.

While I wasnā€™t around when emblems were released, limit breakers do seem more problematic than emblems. For the most part, emblems provide a set boost to the stats of individual heroes. However, with limit breakers, the stat buff seems to be percent based. This means that the strongest heroes (who are already the most likely to get the rare limit breakers as is) will benefit even more than the weaker heroes that need the boost most. So limit breaking Frigg for example would provide more of a boost than limit breaking Horghall, for the same cost in Aethers.

Not only that, but this update sets a dangerous precedent by also releasing costumes for event heroes. Sure, Yunan and Rana were already weak enough as is that their costumes are not gamebreaking. But because they exist, this sets a precedent for stronger heroes to get a costume. That is where costumes for Finley, Lepus, Killhare, Gravemaker and other really strong heroes come into the mix (and it must be said, these costumes have already been in beta so there is little doubt they will release them now).

Unless we get many quality of life improvements in short succession, this update may well be a death knell for the game.

15 Likes

And now iā€™m curious. Whatā€™s the first worst decision? :scream:

Back on topic, will I leave soon because of limit breakers? Maybe not, iā€™m not in a category that will suffer too much from it. Will i leave nonetheless? Yes, probably yes, out of boredom. As stated in the last trial topic, this game is rapidly becoming so much repetitive without any update/upgrade in every single feature, that iā€™m feeling iā€™m playing it more as a routine/duty than for actual fun.
Whatā€™s the point of introducing limit breakers and then spending time and resources on limit breaking heroes if then iā€™ll have to use them on the usual trials, usual challenges, usual map levels, usual titans. Same goes with costumes: should i be happy to pull a rogue/druid/whatever Gravemaker only to use him against the usual cyclop, o Scarlett/Horghall in the trial or having him crushed in a supermegahyperextrafast mana war?

As horrific as i think LimitBreakers are, they are probably just another drop in the ocean.

3 Likes

Nothing in the game stops players from playing for fun, if they want to have fun.

Million+ players are playing & few 1000 may leaveā€¦
But,
as a business enterprise, one doesnā€™t stop new things, innovations to make game exciting for most players bcoz, a small portion wants to stay in Stone Age.

Game creators / manager know itā€¦ so LB & other stuff will comeā€¦ whether people / I like or notā€¦ & it should come.

Game cannot be customised for every player & game will be designed more for spending playersā€¦

All this crib seems to come from mostly F2P & C2P playersā€¦ who need to understand, that while the game would like to have them, the game is a commercial enterprise which caters to revenue generating avenues ā€¦and spending players like new thingsā€¦

So it will comeā€¦

4 Likes

this week half of the aliance iā€™m in said goodbye, 10 people quit, just like that, most said theyā€™d burn out, some said limit breakers were the specific reason, the only reason iā€™m staying is that i just got alfrike and director zuri, so i wanna play a little with them before quitting.

These limit breakers are very frustrating to me because most my heroes are mostly season 1 with costumes, so not only i had to level the same heroes TWICE to make them BARELY USABLE, ill have to pay even more resources to limit break them AND THEIR COSTUMES to face the super evolved heroes everywhere, yeah, no wonder people are considering to quit.

7 Likes

I wonā€™t waste my time writing a review about this limit breaker. But one word is enough. JOKE.

3 Likes

Technically I quite a few days ago already but Limit breakers and Event costumes in beta did contribute a lot. I rightfully lost the hope they stop that :poop:

So +1

6 Likes

Im in, after tomorrowā€™s war is finished I quit.

25 HA retrains, only S1 dupes, no motivation to keep going.

I have became F2P like 3 months ago and the rewards dropped significantly - It might be just a feeling but I would not be surprised that revenue based company will reward you better if u pay.

This update is the last nail to a coffin.

Farewell everyone, it was fun!

11 Likes