Will players leave because of Limit Breakers?

Kiril I can understand because he is a healer needed in war.

Anyone notice whether the tourney participant decrease or not? Might be a good indicator to know whether players are leaving or not.

1 Like

I believe Kiril would be my choice too.
I use him so more often than Grimm - wait, do I ever use Grimm? :rofl:
Even Sonya makes more sense to me as there’s plenty of blue def debuffers but not as many dispellers.

1 Like

You get the option to continue play for 75 gems, which you can obviously buy. My alliance mate heard my tale of woe and took scrolls to continue play . . . He’s smarter than me. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@Yhc , how is Grimm+20 75 stat look like?

I already thinking Grimm over Kiril, but I still not yet limit break… will decide later.
Grimm more usefull in all tournament rule, Kiril not good in Bloody Battle.
In war I almost use Grimm and Kiril both.
Titan team I always use Grimm, and rarely use Kiril.

Someone regularly tests MT. Raid tourneys are hard to test though cos many players join, set up a defence, ignore flags, collect their “free” loot on Saturday.

1 Like

If Grimm still have a lot of use in your war team, then he might have a claim for LB over Kiril. I already rarely use Grimm in AW.

1 Like

Scary

Which is the broken version of this:

4 Likes

Thanks @Yhc , but it seems that is not costume version, like in defense in your preview post.
But defense versiion is still level 72 though.

this version is costumed and almost maxed (except for emblems node 20)

3 Likes

Yup that’s not one I faced, but you asked for Grimm 75+20 and I found you one :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

My broken Sonya @18… I need a few more emblems to max her. (Might reset Telly for her… lol JK)

Impressive…

4 Likes

Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Small Giant, for adding Limit Breakers. :slight_smile:
You finally convinced me to delete the game. Which i did, today! :slight_smile:

Good luck everyone!

1 Like

I would. Telly is almost useless. Sonya has dispel at least (and cleanse with costume).

1 Like

I answer to you but this is basically a sequel to the chronicle of what’s happened in my alliance which I posted a while back

Yesterday I had a fever so I wasn’t online in general, nevertheless to help my Alliance tactic wise.
When I got back one of my fellow member asked me to go through one of his losses.
He couldn’t understand why a hero was hurting his team so bad.
He is somewhat colour blind so he didn’t notice the fuchsia insignia (something that probably should be addressed). He also failed to spot the level and, although that’s his fault, I think it is understandable as we have all come to define heroes by emblems.

So I told him that the hero was broken and asked him if he knew what that can do to stats.
I showed him on telegram, where this conversation was happening.
What happened a couple of minutes later was harsh.
Telegram
John Doe has left the group.
In-game chat
John Doe: “Guys, it’s been nice to grow with you all these years, but I’m done”
John Doe has left the alliance.

So… another one bites the dust and my alliance is even more shorthanded.
As John Doe was our best roster I expect this to have consequences in the next couple of wars/titans, which will have consequences on membership.
TBH I’ve started considering quitting as well, something I never did, because my alliance was what kept me going.
Yep, you read it right. Was.

1 Like

So he lost one raid because one LB hero hit him harder than he is used to, and then he quit as a result?

Overreaction much, John Doe?

I was thinking of quitting the game. But I LB’d my C Kiril and I had a raid today where that slight difference in stats resulted in him not dying at a critical juncture and C Kiril was able to heal everyone just enough for everyone to charge and I won the raid. Because of that, I have decided not to quit.

Equally… ridiculous.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s because of the lost raid, otherwise he would have quit without asking for my insight, but rather because that puts his roster in a position of losing relevance if he doesn’t invest considerable money, something he has already done.
(Because we all know money will become a relevant aspect of LBs, don’t we?)

Now, if you ask me I could write a book on how [insert negative adjective here] is using money to get a better roster.
But people do it and either get used to that advantage or really believe that the advantage should be there since they paid.
4* were in a place where competition - barring new heroes - had reached a plateau, and that was good.
LBs unsettle that steady state and I gotta be honest, I wholeheartedly don’t like it either.
In my case it’s not because of the money invested, but grinding again to get to an equal playing field? In non top-tier level of the game?
I totally understand who passes.

One thing, Homaclese.
You look like someone who would never quit this game. Good for you, but this is not a thread about “Why Homaclese wouldn’t quit”.
It’s about people leaving because of LBs a question I (personal, but also professional opinion) identified as an “ill-conditioned” problem because LBs will be one of the co-factors that will lead several people to quit.
In my case LBs have started a process of alliance thinning that is making me consider quitting because it was my Alliance who made the game problems (the one I stand the least is the amount of random in the game) tolerable.

Is that because of LBs? Yes. And no.
And that’s why we should ask ourselves who quits with LBs rather than who quits because of them.

5 Likes

Limit breakers are great and maybe we’ll get bigger titans too :smirk:

Seems like the more the players had previously invest, the more they are hurt by LB.

Which I still don’t get. At all. I have “invested”, and I don’t see myself getting hurt no matter how much my opponents LB their defences. I am not slipping “backwards” because of this

1 Like

This issue doesn’t appear to be very metrics related but rather a perception issues.
And perception is a lot.

But some metrics are involved.
As pointed out by several users (@yelnats_24 being one of those), equal breaks soften the stats difference between heroes (or hero rarities or generations).
This lowers the ROI of both cards and emblems, even if emblems were already doing this.
It also raises the bar so the same cards have a different value unless you are willing to go all the way to their top possibilities. That calls for a capital increase which many may not afford or be willing to undertake. After all we are still in a pandemics.
Their non-recyclable nature makes them quite different from emblems as they configure themselves as consumables. You are not gonna take a 5% hit when you move them, you won’t be able to move them; so not only you are requested to spend more, but also to achieve your ROI in a limited time frame.

You won’t just be spending on new heroes, AM and a 5% for moving emblems around.
You will be spending on LBs also, well aware that if you don’t a Grimm can hit like a Fogg (not true, but it renders the idea).

I understand how for many this is too much.
Because the root of the problem is in how gachas work: they sell you things so you can perform better (and subsequently feel better) because the vast majority of players is incapable/unwilling to recognize their strength is their rosters rather than their skills.
Gachas are one direction money->vanity transmuters.
If the vanity/money ratio becomes too small (a subjective thing), they cease to be worth and players leave.

That ratio could be one of the reasons spenders appear to be more affected: the denominator is bigger, the numerator smaller hence the worth drops.

On the other hand it’s easy to see why F2P don’t care much: their denominator has always been nil so the game worth is NaN.
They have always been playing for something else - vanity can still be involved - and as long as the something else is there they will keep playing.

My something else was boredom at the air terminal, then it shifted to my ally.
ATM the ally is disintegrating and the pandemics is drastically affecting my previous motor.
No wonder I’m considering quitting myself.

6 Likes