Sunspire Feathers 18-8, XP not optimal

Axe Attack
Metal Ores 15-8, XP not optimal
Crypt Mushroom 11-6
Hardwood lumber 21-7 (8-7 alternative, 5+ only) XP not optimal

Potent Healing Potion - 500 HP
Firestone 14-8
Potent Leaves 16-9
Fine Steel 19-9 (8-7 alternative, 5+ only)

Mana Potion - 60 %
Potent Leaves 16-9
Grimoire Dust 20-4 (8-7 alternative, 5+ only)
Midnight Roots 22-8 (8-7 alternative, 5+ only)

==Ingredient list==
Clean Cloth 13-8 & Crystal Shard
Antidotes

Common Herb 8-7
Minor Healing Potion - 100 HP
Healing Potion - 225 HP

Crude Iron 6-8 ( no Meteor Fragments )
Arrow Attack

Crypt Mushroom 11-6
Healing Potion - 225 HP
Bear Banner

Crystal Shard 13-8 & Clean Cloth
Healing Potion - 225 HP
Bear Banner
Axe Attack

Fine Steel 19-9 (8-7 alternative, 5+ only)

Firestone 14-8
Turtle Banner

Grimoire Dust 20-4 (8-7 alternative, 5+ only)
Mana Potion - 60 %

Hardwood lumber 21-7 (8-7 alternative, 5+ only) XP not optimal
Axe Attack

Large Bone 9-1
Minor Mana Potion - 25 %

Leather Strips 10-6, XP not optimal
Minor Mana Potion - 25 %

Metal Ores 15-8, XP not optimal
Bear Banner
Axe Attack

Midnight Roots 22-8 (8-7 alternative, 5+ only)
Mana Potion - 60 %

Oil 12-8
Antidotes

Potent Leaves 16-9
Turtle Banner
Mana Potion - 60 %

String 7-4
Arrow Attack

Sunspire Feathers 18-8, XP not optimal
Turtle Banner

For an info graphic see:

Map Loot (increased chance of finding) and Craft List (linky, linky)

==Reference==

Best Level to Farm for…
Blue monsters: 8-7
Green monsters: 7-5
Yellow monsters: 10-6 or 12-9
Purple monsters: 7-4 or 8-4
Red monsters: 6-8, 11-6 or 20-4

Best levels to farm XP, Iron and Food, again you’ll find the explanation below. You must farm the highest level below, but that is doable without using items or a possible death

3 Energy: 1-1 to 7-4, 7-7 to 8-1, 8-4, 8-6 to 9-1
4 Energy: 11-1, 11-2, 11-5 to 12-9
5 Energy: 16-8 to 17-1
6 Energy: 19-9 to 20-4
7 Energy: 22-1 to 22-9, 23-8 to 23-11

==Personal Preference==

6-8, 3 WE, Dragon Bones can be found, best low level red farming

7-4, 3 WE, Meteor Fragments can be found, best purple farming
7-5, 3 WE, best green farming, XP not optimal

7-7, 3 WE, Rugged clothes, string, highest recruits per hour of auto play :star2:
8-7, 3 WE, best blue farming, best recruit farming :star2:

9-1, 3 WE
10-6, 4 WE, best yellow farming, XP not optimal
11-6, 4 WE, mid level red farming

12-8, 4 WE, Scabbard, Chainmail shirts, tall boots can be found here ( or higher)

12-9, 4 WE, best yellow farming, Scabbard, Chainmail shirts, tall boots can be found here ( or higher) :star:

13-8, 5 WE, XP not optimal
14-8, 5 WE, XP not optimal
15-8, 5 WE, XP not optimal
16-9, 5 WE
17-1, 5 WE
18-8, 6 WE, XP not optimal
19-9, 6 WE
20-4, 6 WE
21-7, 7 WE, XP not optimal
22-8, 7 WE

Season 2
4-xx-r Rugged clothes

20 Likes

Can I add a touch of bold to help separate the items at the top? Please? Pretty please? :wink:

2 Likes

I couldn’t find any data on farming heroes. Everyone seems to have an opinion on which levels to best farm heroes, I personally have done extremely well in 16-6. I know it would be very difficult to stat heroes as they tend to be more random than mats. @Rook Just wondering if you’ve heard of such a thing or whether anyone would be up to the challenge. Thanks

Gah! Not work! :grin:

Seriously, I’ve heard many different locations over the months. I would defer to @Revelate for perhaps the definitive map spot.

2 Likes

As near as I could tell over literally thousands of runs, every individual run has the same chance of dropping a hero (or troop)… but since for efficiency you have to divide through by the flag count, the 3 flag zones came out way ahead of the higher level zones.

I did not not hardcore track colors but every time I look at a representative sample of troops gained over time it does appear to be darned close to 20% of each color regardless of where I was farming.

I also did not track stars of the heroes dropped, nor did I track trainer heroes separately I just lumped them in with the heroes… so my data wasn’t the best. I’m expecting (if I have time) to try to do some analysis again for S2 when it drops, and I’ll see about adding these into my dataset.

3 Likes

Awesome! Thanks for your hard work! I. I figured successes may be randomly more successful for the individual player. I haven’t actually charted but I’d say 7:10 I’m getting heroes or troops from 16-6 but I quit it the first time it doesn’t for a spell. Sometimes I get one of each1*, 2*, and a troop.

Very helpful material. Any suggestions on other ascension materials, like tall boots, or how to increase likelihood of receiving rarer ascension materials like hidden blades or strong shields?

Sadly @Revelate has retired.

I like 13-6 for farmable 3* (e.g. tall boots).

Hidden blades and the like cannot be found on the map. They are only available from:

• rare quests
  • Titan loot
  • wanted and elemental chests (upper left “kill 5 titans” etc.)
  • mystic visions
  • challenge events
  • seasonal events
  • purchases through special offers
  • lucky Ascension boxes in Store (bad odds!)

These “rare mats” are the way SGG keeps the pace of hero development under control. It can be very frustrating grinding to get what you need! Use them wisely. Ask for advice on these boards if you’re uncertain about which heroes to develop.

1 Like

==3* farmable ascension materials==

Farm season 1 province 12, or higher, for 3* farmable ascension items ( Boots, scabbards, Chainmail shirts ) since they do not appear as loot in season 1 province 1- 11.

Personally my favorite is s1-12-9 ( see notes ).

==Locating ascension items==

To find out were ascension items, and ingredients, drop as loot, click on the item or ingredient ( see notes ).

Example:
Tall boots say they start dropping in s1-12, with increased drops in s1-14, s1-18, s1-22, s2-16, s2-19 and s2-23.

Hidden blades say they can be found in Wanted Mission, Titan battles, Alliance wars, and Challenge events.

==Notes==

Happy cake-day, @Gryphonknight :cake:

1 Like

Realizing that this is a months-old post, but it sure is a fantastic reference and so useful! Thanks to Gryphon and others for putting this together - I am sure the effort that went into compiling and verifying the data was significant!

1 Like

Since xmas last year I almost dint receive any grimoire dust in the rewards causing that I am almost out of this ingredients.

I was standard farming 13/3, 8/7 where is dropping regularly. However doesn’t happen since xmas last year as mentioned. Any suggestion where to farm?

16-6 does indeed appear to be a good spot for farming heroes. In 20 data runs, I got 15 heroes (10 x 1* + 5 x 2*), for an average of 0.15 heroes per World Energy.

(15 heroes / 20 data runs) / 5 WE = 0.15

This is comparable to 0.153558 for 8-6 (89 data runs [thru Mar 21, 2019]), a location recommended by @BarryWuzHere. You can check out his “Comprehensive data driven farming guide” here:

Barry Farmz Here: Summary – Google Docs Spreadsheet Link

Unfortunately, only province stages w/ 10+ data runs are included in his analysis, and 16-6 doesn’t yet have enough data built up (my work hasn’t been uploaded to the project). IMO, it takes 40+ data runs to get statistically significant data, so definitive conclusions cannot be drawn f/ my stats, but combined w/ @Dome’s gut feel about it, I think we can at least tentatively conclude that 16-6 is good for heroes.

1 Like