Why? Why? Why? —Does anyone know why?

I just did. Your turn.

This is a good reminder to make for some things for the Devs. Eg the celestials, really want to see some more in that style

1 Like

Why why why…there is no 3☆ riposte hero?

4 Likes

Why don’t we ever get the true odds of a 5* from tc20 when odds for portals are posted

2 Likes

Yes you said something. But can you tell me logical plan about s1, s2, s3 or heroes?. Heroes and stories are random… i can say example. telluria and vela wouldn’t nerfed if they had plans

1 Like

Lady Woolerton is a 4* yellow healer :slight_smile:

@nevermaor was referring to Season 1 legendaries or 5* heroes that may be obtained from the training camp. Vivica is the only healer among S1 legendaries.

1 Like

There is a sort of “vibe” that goes through the S1 (and a lot of other heroes) of the various colors, though this “vibe” is weakened by newer offerings:

Red: Fire, fire, fire!
Green: Healing and resurrection (except in S1 5*), attack down
Blue: Defense down
Purple: Poison (and strangely, one of the prime healing colors)
Yellow: Blinding and mana cutting

And I think that some of the “missing” heroes are to underline those differences. It’s obviously not perfect, though (lots of orcs in red can heal…).

1 Like

He just explained the Zynga/SG philosophy. Seperate people from their money be any marginally legal means…

2 Likes

Yes this is correct diagnosis :slight_smile:

Yes, she is but I meant there is no 4* S1 healer. Sorry I wasn’t specific enough. Delilah and Guinevere are also 5* holy healers but they’re not S1 either.

1 Like

Which is the same as any capitalistic business, and only works if you let it.

1 Like

Interesting video. I like to think SGG looks at these things…free ideas basically.

Is this not how we all earn an income? … well, except for those that use illegal means?

I truly believe there are large ethical difference between corporates. When I still worked they more or less got an ethical slave. Wouldn’t lie to save a job.

1 Like

There are between individuals too, and they run the corporates. A lot of the ethical differences tend to be driven by regulations.

In my trade minimum or sub mimimum legality is an issue. Australian regulators are a mixed bag…

I liked your comment about Celestials. I’d like to see the missing “angels”. :wink::+1:

2 Likes

Why from time to time mana of my heroes are reduced by simple hits on raid?

I beg to disagree.

While no company is perfect, and obviously every company is trying to make money, there are “degrees” of ethicality.

Not necessarily.

The concept of business is not bad. Majority of businesses were probably started with mostly pure intentions. Provide a good product, make a decent profit. Nothing at all ethically wrong with that. Everyone deserves to be paid for their work.

Things start to get muddled when companies are taken over by shareholders whose primary concern is profit margin, and do not care one lick about customers, employees, or the quality of the product.

Off topic perhaps… but it is one of the “why? why? why?” questions I oftentimes wonder about.

On the game itself… you guys have already covered a lot of them. So many “dark” healers… maybe they aren’t the evil ones after all?

Why? Why? Why? Atlantis heroes keep getting progressively harder and harder to get? Sure, there are now new avenues to get the 5*s, but are Wilbur, Proteus, Danza (The Almighty Nippled One), etc., now going to be permanent endangered species going forward? It’s not like they’re even remotely OP compared to the newest batches of heroes coming out.

ADDITIONAL RANDOM OFF TOPICNESS (TL/DR):

Regarding the ethics of business and all. Kind of a long story here. I have worked for several different businesses, and unfortunately, every one of them - from the smallest single owner business, to the largest publicly traded - have done ethically questionable things that I did not personally agree with.

But I will use some examples from my last job. Distribution for a very large public retailer in the U.S. I held various roles there, everything from filling day to day orders, to training new employees, to safety, inventory management, quality control, etc.

Publicly, the “brand” had a certain reputation they were trying to uphold. The usual - community oriented, environmentally friendly, blah blah blah. They “gave” to charities, championed “progressive” causes, promised to try to reduce their carbon footprint, bragged about how much they “cared” about their customers and how their employees were like “family”, etc. 99% of it PR nonsense, i.e. “lies”, but - point was, they were trying to project a certain image of being “the good guys”, all the while focusing mostly on raking in as much $$$ as humanly possible.

Is normal, yes? Capitalism. Get rich or die trying, and whoever dies with the most toys wins. Etc. etc. etc. Sure, I get it.

But here’s the thing. The company had these official policies that prohibited employees from doing unethical things. Those were the “official” policies. Unfortunately? No manager ever got promoted for being the “most ethical”. They got promoted for being the most profitable.

I was a step below management. It was my job to identify issues and report them to management. I was hourly paid, they were salaried. They had bonus and promotion structures. I was just a cog in the machine whose job it was to call it out when other cogs weren’t functioning properly. Which actually made me very unpopular with the managers. Because every time I identified a problem, that meant something they had to address, and addressing problems cost money. That comes out of their budgets. Making them look less efficient.

The more problems I found, the more it cost them, and the more they hated me. But every single time, they asked me if I could look the other way, and I told them no… why? Because it could cost them more in the long run if they did so.

Examples:

I would identify a safety issue with one of our machines. That required that the machine be taken out of service for a while, and they would need to pay a repair crew to come in and fix it. That, they said, was lost money for the company. Yes, I agreed. But compare that cost to the cost of someone potentially getting severely injured or killed using that machine.

I would identify potential contamination of some of the food in the warehouse. That required that food be disposed of. That, they said, was lost money for the company. Yes, I agreed. But compare that cost to the cost of a customer potentially getting sick from consuming our food.

I would identify a pallet of damaged product - say, child car seats. They asked me if I could just tape up the boxes and make them look like nothing happened. I insisted that because the packaging had become damaged, there was a chance that the product inside had become damaged too. That, they said, was lost money for the company. Yes, I agreed. But compare that to the cost of a child sitting in that car seat and getting severely injured or killed.

I would identify a chemical spill, and - being HAZMAT “certified”, insisted that they seal off the area and properly dispose of all of the contaminated surrounding products. They said “can’t we just throw them in the garbage and dump the spilled product down the drain?” Otherwise it was going to cost the company money. Yes, I agreed. But compare that to the cost of an improper disposal fine from the Environmental Protection Agency (for which the company had already been cited twice for, to the sum of millions of dollars, hence why they had implemented such protocols and assigned me to that task in the first place).

Some companies just don’t give a damn and will cut any corner to make an extra dollar. Even if they are potentially shooting themselves in the foot in the process.

Businesses do not have to behave badly in order to earn a profit. They choose to in order to earn extra profits.

2 Likes

Cookie Settings