Why? Why? An exploration of the frustrations of the game

Hi rook any help regarding this game .beacousse naw i play for 2 years and i have 6 acount whit teams from 4700 and 4200.The game don’t have no logic any more.We aplay the rule af colours hwat we learn from the game and we go oposite colour and whit 5 ful green teluria.kingstone.liana.atomis.hatter we cant beat a team whit 3 blue .On raid as well teams of 4000 beat us evrewere even if you have 4700.on wars from a aliance what have 13 to 15 victory in a row we lousse whit aliance what have teams of 2 peny . This game have a smoll amount of logic remain insaide or is all abaut the mony and if we dont spend anymore the developers make us louse evrething .what is the point of having 6 teams for war al over 4300 mono if you cant whin a war . And me whit this big teams i cant bring victory for my aliance .(that is beacouse i stop spending mony whit you) and teams whit pawer 4120 put dawn 6 teams in my aliance whit power over 4400 all. YOU SOULD BE A SAME FOR WHAT ARE YOU

I’m not sure I fully understand your post, so let’s clarify. You say:

• Using opposite colors (red), you cant beat a Telluria tank team
  • In Raid, your 4700 team is consistently beaten by 4000 teams
  • In War, you lose to teams who have a string of 13-15 victories, where you can only string together 2 victories
  • You believe you must spend money in order to win (that the game unnaturally favors the spender).

Is that all correct? This is a lot to answer all at once, so be patient with me. :wink:

Without you showing which teams you use—and which teams beat you—I can’t intelligently answer the first three questions; they assume knowledge of your team and situation that no one has but you. I’m happy to wait while you collect data.

I know that there are a number of variables in Raid:

• my team (Power, speed, color, synergy, etc)
  • their team (same)
  • tiles / RNG
  • EDIT: Troops!
  • something else I’m forgetting :grin:

In War, the same things apply, with the additional War Boost (arrows, attack boost, health) also in operation.

As for SG only helping spenders, I find that argument deeply flawed and fueled by wishful thinking. There are plenty of F2P (free to play) and C2P (cheap to play) players that regularly post of their exploits in events, wars, raid etc, here on the Forum. I know sometimes it feels like SG rewards only spenders, but let’s operate from what we know to be true.

(That said, if you feel you do not want to spend on the game for whatever reason right now, then don’t spend. I spend when I can, when i wish. I never let myself feel manipulated by any factor other than me wanting to have fun.)

Best of luck to you in game, and I look forward to your data! :smiley:

10 Likes

Long story short:
Ranting about a losing streak.

7 Likes

I understand the rant. People get frustrated and want to understand why. Let’s figure it out! :wink:

5 Likes

Should be a question of luck.

@Rook :rofl:

2 Likes

I know it’s frustrating to be told that there is an element of chance (RNG) in virtually every part of the game… but it does make it easier for me to score in Raid, where I might not, against a much stronger team.

In War, I know I’m not limited to bare math (their power vs mine), but I might catch a break and squeak a victory when my team needs it most. :wink:

1 Like

It is hilarious and fascinating that not one of you understood the original post.
*hint: the author speaks perfect English irl.

I lost 7 consecutive raids today… my previous record was 6… no frustration at all… not anymore… There was a time, a few month back, my phone would have crush-landed in the opposite corner of the room, but now it’s just “Well… bad luck, that’s it…” also, titan starting boards were all but depleted of the strong color, all day, today… barely raised an eyebrow… somwhere along the way I stopped caring… it’s not worth it…

4 Likes

it’s actually pretty genius, tbh. kudos.

Well if he’s going to pretend to speak otherwise for his own amusement, and to waste the time of others, I could always close the thread. :wink:

5 Likes

It’s more hilarious and fascinating if the OP speaks perfect English yet failed in spelling and in grammar. English is not my native tongue and I am a citizen of a country that has over 150 local dialects, yet I TRY to write properly to avoid confusion and to impart my ideas well. I’ll understand if the OP is a 5 year old kid though.

6 Likes

I now english is nat my best and i have a lat of mistake but i tray to improuve my self that whay i don’ t use the corector.what i tray to say beafore when i was spending mony in the game i have 6 from 6 in war almoust every time naw when i dont spend mony evrething is against me.Expirience i have a lot of tis game i have 6 acount in the same aliance were the smoll one have 4200 power then i have 2 acounts of 4350 power and rest from 4500 to 4700 .i spend more then 8000£ in this game and naw i see i have 6 teams only whit special herous for nothing beacouse anything i tray the game is doing evrething to lousse…i thinck i gonna give a go for anader weeck and if is gonna be the same i gonna quit the game for good .i cant belive what is hapening to all the aliance were i play what bord we get for more then 2 mounth

For the life of me I will never understand why these are never accompanied by recording of hits.

2 Likes

I don’t think there’s a big mystery to raiding though??

I just went back through my tower and I have 20 raids in the history and I’ve won 18 and lost 2.

This doesn’t feel overly different to how it normally is either. I’m not a cup dropper but I do 100% skip until I get an opponent I feel I can beat. I’m not going to take on a 20 emblem Telluria team. 12 or less is fair game but knowing your strengths and weaknesses matters a lot.

I’m in the 2500 to 2700 cup bracket so I’m not raiding down in gold either.

If people are losing great percentages of wins my conclusion has been it’s one of the following:

1 - Poor Attacking team selection
2 - Poor match up
3 - Poor play

You will lose some because RNG happens (I went 5-1 in the very latest war, 4-2 in the one before so losses happen)

But the rage this game induces when it’s the players fault but they refuse to accept that is unreal at times.

2 Likes

Let me put like this i dont faind normal from place nr 3 on global to reach nat to be able to beat some veery weak teams beacousse i dont invest mony in the game like beafore.whit same herous i reach in there and i was top 100 daily in uk and naw cos i dont pump money anymore i cant beat nathing what the expicationts for this

This echoes my own findings over 3 years. (Though God help you if you try to suggest to a frustrated person that it might—might!—be somehow their fault.) :wink:

To the OP: if you want to post a picture of one of your teams, and a pic of someone’s team (name blocked out please) who beat your posted team, then we can discuss what might be at issue.

2 Likes

dum., 26 iul. 2020, 21:25 Rook via Empires & Puzzles Community Forum <smallgiantgames@discoursemail.com> a scris:

| Rook Moderator
July 26 |

• | - |

Cheds:

If people are losing great percentages of wins my conclusion has been it’s one of the following:

1 - Poor Attacking team selection
2 - Poor match up
3 - Poor play

This echoes my own findings over 3 years. (Though God help you if you try to suggest to a frustrated person that it might—might!—be somehow their fault.) :wink:

To the OP: if you want to post a picture of one of your teams, and a pic of someone’s team (name blocked out please) who beat your posted team, then we can discuss what might be at issue.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

| Cheds Regular…ish
July 26 |

• | - |

I don’t think there’s a big mystery to raiding though?? I just went back through my tower and I have 20 raids in the history and I’ve won 18 and lost 2. This doesn’t feel overly different to how it normally is either. I’m not a cup dropper but I do 100% skip until I get an opponent I feel I can be…

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Whit this team i louse against a team whit 3 blue

dum., 26 iul. 2020, 22:01 Marius Adam <adammarius705@gmail.com> a scris:

Maybe the blue team is his def team and he beat you with all red? :wink:

This was in war i atack him

dum., 26 iul. 2020, 22:22 Fara via Empires & Puzzles Community Forum <smallgiantgames@discoursemail.com> a scris: