Why Thoth-Amun Needs a Buff

You’re talking about average heroes ? That’s the problem dude. Thoth is average. But he’s also an HOTM. And an HOTM is above the average. Any HOTM is above the rest. That’s the very concept of this game in case you did not get it.

Think about Zeline.
Think about Hel.
Think about Delilah.
Think about GM.
Think about Drake.

I could name any HOTM. They’re all wayyyyyyy above Thoth (did i hear Persee ?).

Thing he’s an HOTM and should be feard as the others when you see a team with him. Today it’s not the case. It’s like yesterday’s Aegir. You’re almost happy your opponent runs him. Again he’s a ■■■■■■ HOTM and he deserves to get the same power any other HOTM has.

So yes, he needs a buff, whether you like it or not.

Quote from Aegir’s thread before his own buff :

Aegir is good but he is underpowered for an hotm. This is a reasonable buff.

Same applies to Thoth. He’s underpowered for an HOTM.

1 Like

Ok I agree he never should of been hero of the month… Add him to tc20.

3 Likes

Id vote for a conditional mana generation effect, related to his minion’s survival (bonus generation when alive or mana gain upon destruction)

Someone thinks about the childrens! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I would be okay if all of the first couple HOTMs (pre elemental link) got added to TC20 myself

After all the new buffs to Justice, Thorne, and the others they buffed now… TA LOOKS MORE WEAKER THAN BEFORE. I know Stacy is happy about TA but compared to others with same abilities … not even he can deny a buff… Example, Khagan and Thorne new buffs… especially Khagan… WOW!!!

2 Likes

Never underestimate the ability of @cervantes to defend TA :slightly_smiling_face:

But I agree that a buff seems warranted.

GM Mana speed very fast… I don’t know why anybody would complain about him needing a buff… I agree that some characters need a minor buff, but everybody has to understand that they can’t be overpowered to the fairness of the playing field … Thoth Amun is way underpowered compared to all those people… I understand he was one of the first 10 heroes of the month, and all those first 10 were a test for the game as it was developing… I just hope that everybody gets what they need and the playing field stays Fair

Can you explain me your reply?

What part?? GM is short for gravemaker and TA is short for Thoth Amun… fairness of the playing field means not to over buff or under buff… keep the characters fair… what part are you looking for a explanation for?? I’m sorry for the confusion … hopefully I got it here

The part about what you were replying to my post… were this made by a mistake?

IDK… maybe by mistake I was just replying to people thinking that gravemaker needs a buff… it been a long time coming but Thoth Amun has been pushed further and further back for way too long… when he is clearly getting left behind as far as stats go that people can clearly see that… it’s a big gap… especially for a hero of the month. Khagan, look at his new buff and everyone will see the gap between him and TA… I probably should had directed this on another reply, but everybody can read off of this one. Thanks for hearing me out anyway :sunglasses:

I’m pretty confident @FraVit93 isn’t arguing for a GM buff here. He has argued against a GM nerf elsewhere, which is a whole nother thing entirely.

And actually it looks like @King_Kyree77 suggested to buff TA’s damage upthread, in conversation with you. So I’m not sure who you think is arguing against a buff for TA…

Wasn’t arguing… just saying my thoughts after reading over a hundred replies… after reading all that I figured whatever I put down would be at bottom for everybody to read. . Help me get to where I can just post my thoughts without hurting anyone. I’m really illiterate when it comes to this … I just don’t know what I’m doing… I admit it… sorry for the troubles, no offense… I don’t know who or what but I was just saying, if u don’t think TA needs a buff, just compare him to other HOTM and u will see the gap

1 Like

No one is offended…just a bit confused is all :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

So can you tell me where or what button I need to push just to reply to the whole thing instead of replying to one person??

4 Likes

Thanks, I hope I got it right

3 Likes

Perfect! Nice! :grinning:

1 Like

So many threads about toth, so maybe here is the better place to post my question:

Has there actually been any feedback from an employee regarding the Toth-issue?
Why did so many heroes, even hotm got buffed, but no one cares about toth? Bummer…

No, it’s that’s not surprising. It’s very unusual for staff to say anything, rarer still to address a specific issue with a hero. I can only recall that happening once, when mhalttu (the CIO) calmed the waters by stating that Aegir was being reworked. But Aegir was way worse than Thoth is.

Classes gave him a ninja-buff, as Delay is a nice skill, there are few decent heroes in that class, and his minion strikes (currently) can proc Delay. I’m seriously considering giving him emblems.

1 Like