Why Thoth-Amun Needs a Buff

Trust me, do not waste your precious Ascension Mats on him… Wait for a buff, he might get something in the upcoming releases. Or just ascend any other purple, you can’t be wrong here.

Do you spend heavily? Do you have anyone in the wings wanting the mats now?
Thoth may not be the #1 Dark 5* hero but he is better than several others. He can be a PITA to kill. His minion is tough and he is fast mana.
If you don’t spend heavily and have no other excellent 5* Dark it would seem reasonable to ascend Thoth…

1 Like

I want a Thoth. But i dont have any 5* purple heroes sooo

for a dark hero, i have quintus, kunchen, domitia… but all are still at level 1. only thoth is at 60-2 so i can bring him up to third ascension

… and yes, ascension mats are scarce… that’s why i want a good hero to use them on

Can you or someone explain why Thoth is considered awful when Evelyn is considered great? He is also fast mana with an attack three that does _more_damage than hers (not including minions). I pulled him and haven’t leveled him but I am considering it for that reason. I know she applies defense down, but she is used on rainbow defense by many top players where the defense down is useless as she is the only green hero. If I leveled him, it would only be for offensive use when stacking purple, as I have no need for him on defense or titans. I am genuinely curious about this. I have plenty of snipers, but sometimes a hero who damages more than one per hit could also be useful, especially with fast mana. I may level both Thoth and Evelyn next for that reason. I am more interested in doing so now that I’ve learned in this thread that his sorcerer talent can also be inflicted by his minions.

1. Dispell
  2. Elemental Defense down (useful even in rainbow, because you can hit with green tiles), crucial on Titans
  3. Heal over time

Eve is much more versatile hero that you can use everywhere. Thoth is just pure damage, which limits his usability.

1 Like

It really boils down to what you most need in your team. I am excited about Kunchen as a tank but you may already have that covered.
I believe that Thoth will serve you better than Quintus but would once again defer regarding Domitia. Both have caused me problems when I was struggling against a team but Thoth has caused me more problems.
Quintus and Domitia hit you but don’t heal themselves. Thoth hits you and creates an unusually strong minion so if you are hitting him with tiles you either kill him or you are in trouble while the other two will still succumb. Not only that, mana speed matters and Thoth is fast…

1 Like

Thoth gets less love than he deserves largely because it’s hard to find a really good use case for him. His damage is really not that spectacular. Hit-3 is nice, but if it gets down to just a few heroes, his hit-3 is probably only hitting one and really not doing much damage. The key value of Thoth are his minions, which are relentless hitting every turn and able to target foes hiding in the corner. A key benefit is that, unlike tile damage, those minions do jnot increase target’s mana.

I find that he is effective particularly when paired with panther. She hits first, disspelling and putting a minus purple ailment on three, and then Thoth comes in behind and wrecks their day. Unfortunately, that duo won’t kill full-health five stars, unlike a panther/Sartana duo.

3 Likes

very informative reply Sternman, thank you. I’ve used him on map and noticed how resilient he is coz of the high hp from his minions. since i have a couple of hitters, i might just decide to upgrade him. he seems like an underdog hero… if he serves me well, then that’s a bonus, if he sux, then at least i tried… lol. thanks again for the insights.

1 Like

I agree. Or even if the minions applied to dark allies only, that would still be a nice enhancement.

Definitely needs a buff… I’m so sick and I might just throw him into a two star… compared to Drake Fong , TA is nothing but an epic character

Well, I will say that Thoth was my very 1st 5* I ever maxed out. On the defensive side he is amazing. He has won me several raids, but honestly, I dont really use him much anymore. So, I agree a little bit of a buff would be good, like I heard someone say make attack from 215% to 230% and then, if not give his minions to the whole team, at least give it to the heros next to him, or like some of the newer HOTM, give him an elemental link, like a defense against holy or something like that.

I have a discussion I can’t find anywhere else. I pulled Thoth Amun from Atlantis summon January 27th 2019. I want to know why he doesn’t have the chain link like the other heroes of the month?? Gravemaker has it, every returning hero of the month has it. Why not him??

1 Like

That’s really more of a Gameplay Help & Tactics question than one for the Forum Help thread. This theead is about help using the forum itself.

That said, the elemental link was actually introduced during the third series of 5 Heroes of the Month. None of the first 10 HOTM have one, including Thoth-Amun.

You’ll find this Ideas & Feature Requests thread talking about Thoth-Amun discusses this, amongst other issues.

2 Likes

@zephyr1 please do some magic here :smiley:

2 Likes

@Jedon I agree with @Garanwyn, this would make for a good new topic in #gameplay-help-tactics asking about it (good future reference), or contribution to that existing thread (good for discussion and suggesting changing him).

@RAIN-13 do you want to join that thread that @Garanwyn linked above?

1 Like

I think Thoth is fair… it’s not like he does just 215% damage to one target in minor to nearby enemies, he does that damage to the Target and the nearby enemies. Not a Titan killer. But a good raid hero. . Speaking of a buff for him I would agree that it is kind of strange that he seems weak compared to the Bruce Lee hero (sorry I don’t know his name because I don’t have him)… if anything a minor buff is better than nothing.

1 Like

I don’t know where to go for this question. But I have to know. Was Thoth Amun secretly nerfed instead of buffed?? Because looking at pictures of him all the way leveled up. One power card says 765 and another power says 777. What’s the deal here?? In my opinion for a buff for him would be to apply minions to all allies

1 Like

There’s only one thing Card Power is used for: war matching. There was an across-the-board change to Card Power to improve war matching that went into effect some while back: