Why (some) things need to be the way they are in E&P

I always get a laugh out of comments like these as their (your) English is usually better than an English first language person. If you hadn’t confessed, I’d have never suspected a thing. :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:

4 Likes

It wasn’t 0.5 damage.

Your right. I applied it to Caedmon’s attack.

If we stay in your example the 4* has advantage extra 0.09% hp taken. HP taken translates to damage

0.09% of 1070 = an advantage of 0.963

If decimals get dropped (I can’t remember if I read that or dreamed it…) Then there’s no advantage

Otherwise the difference between before and after
Is 1 point

And I still disagree. That this is an “advantage” for 4*

But will agree that they are microscopically less disadvantaged. But that the disadvantage between 4* and 5 still remains

The actual advantage for your war flag teams is available right now though! Did you pull the trigger on that @yelnats_24 ?

1 Like

You cannot just multiply the 0.19% with new 5* HP, it doesn’t work that way because it already including increase in 5* HP, not just increase in 4* damage. You have to go back to actual damage.

Anyway, the 0.19% of HP taken is only if before LB, the DoT took 20% of HP, and this is limited to DoT, non-DoT have different formula.

After both have LB, 4* DoT will take 108.63/107.61 more fraction of 5* HP. So if they previously take 20%, now they will take 20% × 108.63/107.61 = 20.19%. But if they previously take 40% HP, now they will take 40% × 108.63/107.61 = 40.38%. Note that it is not rounded yet.

So if before LB, 20% of 5* HP is 300 out of 1500, the DoT will increase by 8.63% × 300 = 25.8 》 25 while the HP will increase by 7.61% × 114.15 》 114. After both have LB, 325/1614 = 20.14%.

But the damage increase IS NOT 0.14% × 1614!!! Remember that this 0.14% is not % damage increase but % damage increase relative to % HP increase. So if you want to do a reverese calculation, you should multiply the new %HP taken and new HP and then reduce it with the multiplication of old %HP taken and old HP). For example:
(20.14% × 1614) - (20% × 1500) = 25

Caedmon is not DoT so the increase is different. Anyone have a picture of fully LB full emblem Sonya and fully LB full emblem Costumed Magni?

But do this for both right?

We are looking for the difference.
Not the singular total.

4* increased 0.19%
5* increased 0.1%

What is the advantage difference between the two?

0.09%

I admit. Comparing apples to oranges with math has been interesting. We should compare rare to legendary next. They have the largest percentage offset. Maybe that will be a significant advantage :joy:

37.5% to 37.15% is decreased by 0.35% :sweat_smile:

Actually, we should turn it into

20.19%/20% = 100.95% 》 0.95% increase
37.15%/37.5% = 99.07% 》 0.93% decrease

But that was using 8% and 7%, not 8.63% and 7.61% which would be

108.63%/107.61% = 100.93% 》 0.93% increase
107.61%/108.63% = 99.06% 》 0.94% decrease

Again, this only apply in fraction HP taken bt DoT in head to head between 4* and 5*. And fraction of HP taken is not rounded, what is rounded are damage and HP.

1 Like

I think responses to this are a great example of people wanting something they don’t actually want. There is a reason some countries have banned this game because of its close relation to gambling. It works in exactly the same way targeting the same pleasure centers of your brain. If you received heros at predetermined intervals if you didn’t get any good ones, you’d pull less. This is proven out in addiction research. If you pulled less, the devs would make less content because they were making less money and the game would likely very quickly become almost unplayable with tons of bugs. I repeat… most of you don’t want what you think you want.

All i got from these posts is my teams are going get squashed an awful painful death by LB enhanced players… :joy:

The game was already frustrating… :thinking:

Straight to core of the matter’ I like that. I have never until now encountered a corporate yet (apart from this one). “we are going to get you” and then open up with an M50 on their own legs.

1 Like

Yeah did it aswell bud

2 Likes

2 Likes

My focus is on the first point regarding percent of hero pulls, yes it needs to be low, but not as low as it is. Give people that aren’t going to spend hugely some small but real chance. They won’t end up with every Circus Hero like a whale might, but perhaps they’ll get lucky and score 1.

At this point, there isn’t any reason S2 heroes shouldn’t be considered “classic” and just added to any pool that “classic” heroes can be pulled from, that would go along way towards helping FTP and CTP stay within range. Same should happen with S3 heroes when/if S5 is released.

Easy solution to the too many people having too many powerful heroes is to use a feature that was baked into the game from the beginning, but never really utilized, the “Team Cost” feature. Newer, more powerful, heros could have a higher value, meaning decisions would have to be made at lineup time. New heroes all have a higher “power” to begin with, associate that with Team Cost.

I think Emblems and LB are both poorly executed. First, by making the Emblems too rare, and then by adding a pay to play element to get them, they basically reshaped how war was managed.

And don’t get me started on costumes as executed for event heroes like Yunan and Surfer Girl – seriously making players redraw a hero that should just have been rebalanced by SG is a sign of how they will go to no end to try and extract more money from the same group of players.

8 Likes

My turn… Get the :popcorn:
At the end of the day everything that’s added to the game will change the war mechanics whether it’s a new hero or whatever …that is going to constantly change.

The thing everyone has to realize is that there will always be changes there will always be updates and most of the time they’re not going to be viewed as fair or appropriate to some or even most. This is a game and like any game you have the option to play or not play and if you choose to play you cannot look for fairness as you predetermined what that may be.

I have played this game for 4 years and I have paid dearly in both sanity and credit card bills however I had to accept the fact that sometimes you just have to play with the cards you’re dealt with and find the joy in it.

It’s so easy to say I would have done this or I should have done this or they didn’t think properly when they did this but think about it …if it was so easy would any of us really play ? would there be competition ? would there be these rants? and would I have this much popcorn and booze stockpiled LMAO.

It’s a game… Nothing more

2 Likes

I’m fairly amused at the TP challenge turning into a 3-hero team of 5*. Generally speaking, it is implied that the TP quoted on an offense is for a full 5 hero team because you are simulating the gameplay for someone whose roster maxes out at that TP. Consolidating the power into fewer higher defense/attack heroes likely makes things a bit easier.

That doesn’t mean it is impossible. It made me think of this gem back in the day:

I forgot about Muggy-Mania during Season II. :rofl:
Those days only S2 was out and I think emblems were around, but were still a more recent addition. I’d be interested to see if 5 Muggies with few emblems could take out today’s diamond defenses. These days, it might worthwhile to have Gramps on the team to revive them all again for another round!

2 Likes

Costumes are far superior to a rebalance. A hero with two classes is twice as useful for emblem quests and the stat boost is earned by leveling rather than just given away.

I hope every hero in the game gets a costume and I’d love to see them develop second costumes for S1 heros with a third class, new interesting special skills and further stat boost

This 1000%

Why on earth are people so desperate to keep the game from changing. It’s only fun if it’s always a new challenge. Some people seem to be so lazy they just want to figure out a good Strategy and then play every part of the game the same way! The devs are 100% designing all the new stuff to make your old play style not work. This is a GOOD thing.

Aether quest was designed specifically to stop people doing a mono attack from the strong color. Good.

2 Likes

You do realise that costumes are another paywall?

5 Likes

I don’t think players who don’t contribute financially to the game should have an even chance at things. I support the game that I spend so much time with and am happy to spend on things that increase my enjoyment.

“Paywall” is no negative thing to me.

No reasonable f2p/c2p is asking for an even chance…

Based on the continued direction of the game, you could stay happy then. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Yeah I love the way things are going. Limit breaks are helping make my 4* titan heros shine I love it.