Why (some) things need to be the way they are in E&P

This assumes that SG doesn’t take extra steps to balance heroes. I spent a lot of time writing about how they could do this, and frankly there are boatloads of ways for SG to make heroes interesting.

Right now, SG is actively incentivized to make unbalanced heroes. Bad 5 star heroes help them because they further dilute the pool of desirable 5 star heroes. That “best” heroes exist help them because players summon specifically for them.

This IS SG’s monetization strategy, in a nutshell. It is bad for us gamers as it means SG remains (comparatively) lazy with hero design. They don’t have to worry about some heroes being worse than others. Some heroes being useless is even good, to them.

Not good for gamers.

11 Likes

A bit of contradiction on your part, on one hand you say board luck is required on on the other you win 9 out 10 games a 4600+ team with a 4000 team. Either you are the luckiest player in this game or your skills are out of this world.

From my experience playing wars (I dont play raids exactly for this reason) its been that I get crushed with much inferior teams.
And by this I mean, sure it should be possible to win against a much hiher point team, but it should not be possible to crush it. It should a much harder game.
Last one I did, my 4500+ team got crushed by a 3900 team so much so that I was only able to use a mana attack twice and not only didnt kill anyone, the other team ended up with full energy as well.

Its this inequality that I abhorre in this game. The gasha system, the scarcity of materials, the exponential dificulty of the quests dont bother me, its the gameboard itself that aggravates me.

1 Like

I have no idea what you are taking, but stop it please? Accusing me of being a fanboy is beyond idiotic but am bound by rules and can’t explain why.

You have clearly read none of my threads and are just trying to fly one past me using confirmation bias. Good luck with that issue you have with me because it is a “you” problem, not mine.

Dude, you are the first person I have blocked in my entire time here, that makes you all kinds of special.

???

Ok :man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Well I have good troop levels and I’ve invested a lot of emblems.

In this rush pass I’ve beaten 2 4600+ teams with an effective TP of 2500. Which is to say I went 3-2 but both times only the 3 part (Falcon, Khagan & C.Colen) have fired.

How?

Easy. I have 3 sets of 11+ mana troops and matched 6 tiles on the opening board, fired them and then dropped 3 tiles in the gap 3 heroes used to be in and finished the other 2 off. Both times my insurance Proteus have been cheerleaders watching it.

So sure, a bit of board luck was needed but my work on the heroes and the troops enabled that to happen.

But the fact that team could do it makes the game worth playing tbh.

Let me rephrase then. You leased a BMW, not bought, but people in the community whined and complained that it was too loud and powerful so BMW comes and takes it back and give you a bicycle. Still paid for the BMW, but they gave you a bicycle because all people birches and complained.

2 Likes

He is a very real person, and I’m sure he mistook that you were addressing him. As he alluded to, it can be difficult on an online setting to tell who is being addressed and what the tone is…

and he is Australian, so I can imagine why he thought you were referencing him in this quoted part

He is being very civil with you, I hope you will return that in kind.

2 Likes

Ouch… and 20 likes, too…

1 Like

agree

agree, but they seem to be getting lower

Somewhat agree. Emblems and more so LBs are a poor, if not lazy, attempt to balance more challenging events. However…in reality, they are just a way to boost the most powerful heroes in the game creating more frustration.

It has to be hard…but it doesn’t have to be that time consuming.

Sure, but it’s not fair to throw something like Salmon Loki at the tail end in the S3 pulls. It dilutes pulling potential. Mok-Arr was added early so not that bad, but no 5* should be a “booby prize”.

Telly was obvious in Beta and shame on SG for releasing her as is. There were plenty of us telling them she was going to be OP. Vela is a different story and should be un-nerfed months ago. She was only nerfed as a pairing of Telly. Again…this is laziness and players were rightfully angry about getting 2 heroes nerfed.

This was pure failure on SGs part and they did a horrible job with it. They made a mistake and the players were punished for it.

This is true. Just like SG doesn’t deserve our money, We make our choices. However, some of SGs choices are going against them getting our money.

4 Likes

This should seriously be looked at. Give us the 50 flags on day 1 and let us use it how we fit. There have been times when I didn’t have the time to use all 10 flags in a day so I am stuck buying a flask to finish it. That’s weak SG. REALLY WEAK. Reeks of greed. What happened to QoL improvements? This is one of them!

3 Likes

Sadly, the community never properly recovered after the Tell-Vela mess.

Based on the poor handling of above nerfs, continued direction of the game etc, I’d say that is no surprise whatsoever.

2 Likes

Your posts are always filled with mistruths. I never said I don’t use these.

As mentioned, I use both in most wars. They both had wins in today’s war which helped with the 307 I scored. Heroes naturally get deprioritised as your roster grows, of course they do. But in their respective niches they are very good heroes, and I take every opportunity I have to utilise them

Now please - stay on topic. So far this thread has been amongst the most civilised I have seen in this forum with some very healthy and open discussions. Please don’t let it degenerate into something which is off-topic, irrelevant and unecessary. Thank you

1 Like

Hero pull chances need to be low" Why?

It´s also the most annoying and frustrating for a lot of people. It always will be a bottleneck: How many times you have seen roster plenty of fancy overpowered heroes at 1.1? If you want to solve this problem there is an easy solution for all S-1 crap summoned: reject hero and get back a % of the investment → You spend 3K gems on a portal: You get 10 3* Crap, you have the chance of keeping them or salvage them into gems so you can recover at least 20% of the investment . I also think that having these % wouldn´t harm game balance:

3* 65% (33% for S-1 and 32% for event heroes)
4* 30% (15% per each kind)
5* 5% (2,5 per S-1 and 2,5 for event heroes)

I agree, but not so low: Rare quest should be once a week. (I´d remake trials, making it only once a week but with more emblems, more stages, more WE necessary and more duration)

I mostly agree with the rest of your post.

Sigh… you keep pulling me back in.

The fact is a 4* that is LB will survive longer vs a 5* that is LB as compared to the same 4* without LB against the same 5* that is not LB. That makes LBing 4s that surve a support or healing role beneficial even IF you are facing a team of 5 LB 5 (which won’t happen for a long time, and certainly not every matchup). Because the ratio of defense vs % attack goes up for the 4*, and also the health goes up. So the 4* will be able to take more hits than currently. Not something that is debatable, it is a fact.

Yep. Because - amongst many other lies over your time - you just said this:

Which is a blatant lie, as I have never said anything of the sort. And then you try to put some smoke around it to still suggest that the mistruth is on my side and not yours.

Not all, no. Most. Yes I have 1 mono yellow, 2 Grimble and 1 Skadi teams. I then formulate the remaining 2 teams based on the teams I face. They both get a war run in about 3/4 wars. It doesn’t make a difference if you consider them as 1st or 6th team, all my teams have roughly the same win rate.

Not sure what wanting 5 Noors has to do with anything? I still do want that, in point of fact. I think it would make for a very effective team in some circumstances. And would be fun to test out - just like I had a lot of fun testing out 3 Elradirs. Alas I did not get 5 Noors - I did try to pull for her the last time I had an opportunity - can’t remember if it was TOL or Atlantis - but as I don’t pull heavily I didn’t get any duplicates. So I will have to settle for 1, and will end up pairing her with Devana as I think the synergy there could be quite good.

I find your negativity disheartening and before your arrival this topic had no sign of toxicity to it. Congratulations.

1 Like

Don’t worry I think most people know a troll when they see it.

Thanks for starting this topic and all your great contributions to the forum :heart:

2 Likes

Popcorn… Get your hot popcorn here… I believe the topic was why the game needs to be the way it is. Not mouth vs attitude and who has friends that will back them. Enough . Get back on topic b4 they shut it down. Agree to disagree and move on.

1 Like

You beat 4600tp with 2500tp? Team

Has anyone els done this

There was 2 others on the team…they just weren’t needed :joy:

In effect I beat it with just 3 heroes but it’s amazing that in Rush that’s all you need

1 Like

Now…
you are comparing limit broken 4* to regular 4*

But the rest of the time…
you are comparing LB-4 to LB-5 with claims that the LB-4 receive more benefit:

No they are not. The 5* gains more.

Otherwise…
Why do we need someone to tell us that heroes with LB will be stronger than the same hero without LB…??

You cut the quote off, and called it smoke…

Granted… you may not have those specific heroes of a short list that were given in a plead that the “other side” does have options.

But, now you DO have some nice dark options! Low and behold… Myztero is no longer driving, he’s at the back of the bus waving the 6th war flag. Sometimes!

Listen…
I’m not calling you a liar!

But stuff like this:

Is very misleading… when you don’t have "numbers"
It was available for hours…
and didn’t break any “economy”

According to Petri, it wouldn’t have broken anything if it was available for 24 hours.
But… it had a $
And that number… called for a rescind…
Which ostracized people

1 Like